“not child friendly”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Myself, wife and young son had lunch here today.the staff would not make my son a ham sandwich forcing us to purchase a more expensive club sandwich for him even though the club sandwich contained ham.When the staff or owner saw we were struggling to get my son to eat the club sandwich we were rudely asked by a waiter to pay our bill and leave spoken in French of course as speaking in English no longer suited them.The staff were discourteous, unhelpful and only interesfed in taking our money

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Visited Antibes for the day, Square Sud is situated near a set of traffic lights overlooking the main square and fountains. Great location and place to eat after a morning shopping in Antibes. The restaurant was popular with locals and tourists. We sat outside and opted for the plat du jour menu at 19 euros (2 courses). My wife had lamb shank, I had sandre (fish). The lamb was slightly 'fatty' but was tasty, served with potato dauphanase; which had a rich cream sauce. The sandre was excellent, cooked to perfection! The staff are very friendly.
Inside the the restaurant is dark, the carpet had gone passed its 'sell by date' and needed replacing, otherwise fine. We would fully recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

If you ever visit Antibes and looking for a place to eat, take a peak at Square Sud restaurant. Located in the heart of Antibes, right by thePlace Général de Gaulle, you get a nice view of a crazy traffic of south of France (sarcasm) but the nice and cool fountains of the newly renovated square.

The food is good, specially if you looking for a place that does not empties your pocket after you are finished. The best deal is during the lunch, the selection is usually pretty limited to one meat and one fish, but I assure you, you will not be disappointed.

At night, sitting inside, you can get a romantic view of the city getting ready to walk down to the old part of town and the beautiful marina.

Just to add to the review, I am not a tourist, I live here since 2005 and enjoy the meals of this place many times ever year.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

A cut above. Very buzzy and busy and with good reason. Large, typical bistro menu, but everything cooked exceptionally well and great value for money. I had one of the day's specials of which there are several, bavette steak with pomme puree and salad. All of it was fantastic, but I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I tasted my first forkful of the pomme puree (mashed potatoes). Butter, cream, potato, salt. How can 4 simple ingredients become so sensational? I could have just this and been deliriously happy. Sadly, didn't have any room left for the fantastic looking desserts that I spied on there way to diners at other tables. Diners who, presumably been more restrained in the spud department......

Reviewed 2 June 2013

The prix fixe lunchtime menu that we enjoyed was very good quality and excellent value. It is in a good location and we enjoyed sitting on the terrace overlooking the Place General de Gaulle.