“Lacking in Customer service”

Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Antibes
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Louis was fantastic, room was great food in beach bar fantastic. However after paying £2500 for a week we were told to shower in a beach hut. We also had to climb over a builders yard to put my wife & kids into a male toilet for a shower. We then had to change in hotel toilet. Unbelievable for a 4* hotel. We tried to hold a room but we're told there were none available but there were on line. Tried to hold a room for an hour for a shower but no customer service available at this hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Anthony C, Responsable relations clients at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for the time dedicated to this review!
I would also like to thank you on behalf of Louis-Philippe who has been truly touched by your kind words.

I am sincerely delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your room as well as the fine meals served at the "Royal Beach"!
On the other hand, I am sorry you had to shower at the Beach Club but unfortunately, the room you saw on line had actually been sold in the meantime to direct guests!
As we were fully booked, we could not afford to allow you using a booked room especially after 3pm - which is our check-in time...
Otherwise, please be sure that it would have our pleasure to help you as you can read from the different travelers reviews, our Staff always go beyond their ways to satisfy our dearest guests!
For some hygienic reasons you can understand, it is not appropriate to shower at the "Royal Spa" when coming from the outside with sandy shoes and clothes...

As a matter of a fact, it appears that showering at the Beach and getting changed in our very large bathroom was the only solution found, whereas in other places we might have told you that nothing could be done.

I wish we could have the pleasure to host you in the future so please, make sure you contact us directly to renew your "Royal Experience" and take advantage of all our advantages!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great Hotel - was here for a weekend to visit my husband, staff are very helpful and can't do enough to help. Working in Hotel Management myself I know great Customer Service when I see it. Small Spa but did the job however would imagine it to be very busy in the summer.

Room Tip: I would stay in a room overlooking the coast next time.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CJel
Anthony C, Responsable relations clients at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Madam,

I thank you very much for such a pleasant review! It is even more touching knowing that you work in the Hotel Management!
We are delighted that you have been pleased with our Customer Service and we cannot wait to hosting you again soon! Please, feel free to contact me directly for your next visit in order to benefit of the best available rate for one of our fantastic Sea View Suites!

Warmest regards from Antibes

Reviewed 20 March 2014

On arrival, I discovered that I had mislaid a bag containing my passport at a picnic area at a service station on the Autoroute des Deux Mers between Carcassonne and Narbonne (these things happen). The reception staff could not have been more sympathetic and helpful and managed to track the bag down within 15 minutes--what a great start. The rooms are spacious, chic, and evidently recently refurbished--we were upgraded to a slightly larger one (30 sq meters, I believe) at minimal cost before departure. No sea view but it was entertaining in a Hitchcokian way to watch the inhabitants of the apartment block across the road go about their evenings. The hotel is excellently located on the Antibes seafront, perfect for a stroll up to the old money villas on the Cap d'Antibes, into the modern city center, or into the old town. I have a few quibbles--one is that the room doors are not sufficiently insulated, so hallway conversations can be too easily overheard. The underground car park has ill-defined spaces and is full of furniture junk from presumably left over from the renovation, which somehow seems like a metaphor for France itself these days, chic on the surface but shabby where the tourists don't go. The attached restaurant, the Cafe Royal, serves a decent 15 euro breakfast, has an excellent terrace, and serves truly fine contemporary Italian cuisine with top-drawer ingredients, but the service can be snooty (if you're not Italian or French) and is very hit-or-miss. Still, overall the quibbles are not sufficient to merit the deduction of a point from this stylish and welcoming hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard H
Anthony C, Responsable relations clients at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the time dedicated to this very detailed review!
It has been our pleasure to help you throughout this inconvenient situation. Our goal is to make our guests feel comfortable and well taken care of with their every need or when such things happen. This is what service means to us!
I am glad you enjoyed our priviliged location - which you perfectly described. As we are always willing to improve our Service as well as the Hotel itself in order to reach the highest standards, I thank you for letting us know about the doors insulation, as we have never had this kind of feedback regarding this concern.
I would like to clarify that what you thought was furniture junk from renovation actually are the sunbeds from the "Royal Beach" that we safely stock there during winter time. They will soon be taken back to the place they belong as our Private Beach reopens from April, 19th!!

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you there for some wonderful moments, laying and getting relaxed just next to our Dearest Mediterranean Sea!

The whole Royal Team are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Sunny regards from Antibes,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had no idea the level of luxury in Antibes could be so high, when I first arrived
at the hotel I was met by a wonderful concierge and very welcoming team at the
reception, just a stones throw from the beach.
I was delighted to see the room that had been beautifully prepared for our arrival.
The views onto the Mediterranean are incredible, the minimalist styling and decor is
really fantastic and makes you feel lighter, and refreshed.
The slick design and the overall architecture of the hotel building make it stand out like a bright diamond in the traditional and classic spot on the Riviera.
I loved the Art Gallery on the ground floor in the lounge next to the Restaurant with ever changing art works from Local artists. Also the Spa with hammam, jacuzzi and Gym was another treat to use.
The food was particularly good and served by a very friendly team of mixed Italian
and French staff.
I shall definitely be coming back to this beautiful hotel, there is absolutely nothing
can fault about it was a really special stay in an idyllic spot.
The only thing I would like is more time to stay here!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tessa Jo W
Anthony C, Responsable relations clients at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Miss,

I thank you very much for sharing your « Royal Experience » with the TripAdvisor Community!

I can barely find the words to describe how pleased we all have been thanks to your lovely review! The whole Royal Team are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay among us – from the comfort of your room to both of the Spa and Restaurant atmospheres as well as our beautiful town!

We cannot wait to the pleasure of hosting you again soon for some other great moments!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Anthony C, Responsable relations clients at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Reviewed 26 February 2014

You can directly go to seaside across the road in front of the hotel. Hotel room is small. Hotel provide free wifi in the room. Staffs are very helpful and could recommend restraunts and make reservation for you. Also you can get free maps from reception.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Anthony C, Responsable relations clients at Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Miss,

I thank you very much for sharing your views about your recent stay among us!
All the Staff members of the Royal Antibes**** have been really pleased from helping you and we are all looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Second time I have stayed at this hotel. What brought me back? I was here on business so didn't have much spare time, but when you walk out of the hotel morning or evening the sea is there on the doorstep. And the old town is a short walk round the bay with all the good food you could want.
And for the basics it's a good hotel - I had a spacious, clean room. Breakfast is good. The staff are really friendly and helpful.
But it's the location that really makes it great to stay in.

Room Tip: As you might expect, only half the rooms have a sea view and the landwards view is poor. So if you...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jalph

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the whole Royal Antibes**** I warmly thank you for sharing your "Royal Experience" with the TripAdvisor community.
What a satisfaction it is to us to read that you enjoyed returning to our stunning location and our Staff have been truly delighted from hosting you again!
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you on a leisure trip so you will be able to fully take advantage of our beautiful town and our lovely area.

We remain at your entire disposal for any future booking!

Kindest regards from the Royal Team,