I have been staying in Antibes for many years, normally self catering, although have stayed in a few local hotels. The Royal Antibes was being built the last time I stayed and so I was looking forward to seeing the finished hotel, and knew in advance what a great base and location the hotel was in.
We were not disappointed, the hotel is modern, very clean and the staff, particularly the reception staff are faultless. We stayed in a basic room, without a balcony or view, we knew this was what to expect as we had booked this at a great rate. The room was much bigger than expected and had plenty of space with a separate toilet and a bath. The bed was very comfortable (I'm fussy!) and some simple added extras like bath robes, slippers and a turn down service every night made it stand out from your average standard hotel room. Yes, we didn't have a view or a balcony, but it was really peaceful tucked away from the road, who wants to stay in their hotel room all day, when the beach is just outside the door! If we stay again, I would look into one of the apartments with a view but so we could also self cater.
The spa is a nice extra, it isn't very big but it has a Jacuzzi, steam and sauna and a relaxation area with fresh teas. There is also a small gym. We used both a few times during our stay and although small, it wasn't busy or crowded and we stayed whilst the hotel was fully booked.
If I was to be picky, the only tiny improvements I'd make are; in some places the hotel is starting to look a little tired, the mirror in our room was slightly damaged, there was scuffing and marks around the door frame to the bathroom, the carpet in the corridor was a little grubby and the reception desk is a little marked, but these really are minors and just the beady eye of someone who has stayed in a lot of hotels. I would also suggest a discounted rate for the hotel's private beach across the road from the hotel for guests, we (and other guests) were there daily and whilst I didn't mind paying the 20 euros for the day, it would be a nice gesture perhaps to offer guests a half price rate?
Overall, thoroughly recommend, look out for a good deal on this hotel and book it, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ROYAL ANTIBES - LUXURY HOTEL, RESIDENCE, BEACH & SPA * * * * ouvert depuis Avril 2011, le ROYAL Antibes propose 64 chambres, suites et appartements entre vieille ville et Cap d'Antibes, a proximite immediate du centre ville et du Musee Picasso. Face a la mer, avec sa Plage privee, 2 restaurants, 1 lounge bar avec terrasse exterieure, parking prive et son Spa partenaire "Cinq Mondes", le Royal Antibes est le premier hotel de Luxe d'Antibes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach And Spa
- Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach Hotel Antibes