We researched far and wide for a family holiday on the Cote d'Azure in late June 2014 and the Royal Antibes Hotel was everything we hoped for and more! We stayed for 6 nights.
Firstly Antibes is gorgeous. It is smaller than Nice and Cannes and has a feeling of a real French town. It's not super chic but has an unspoilt charm which is what we loved. The beach directly opposite is a lovely sandy beach,very rare in these parts and it is very central to explore all of the Cote d'Azure as well as the hilltop villages behind.
The Royal Antibes is right in the centre of town walking distance to everything and across the road from the beach. The suites with a sea view are stunning and well appointed for families. The decor is a little minimalist and the bedrooms compact but they are immaculately cleaned and well appointed with a full kitchen separate lounge with dining and balcony with sun lounges. The beds were very comfortable and the roll down shutters completely blocked out the light for an excellent night's sleep. The air conditioning was excellent and unlike a private apartment it was serviced daily. There is also a coin laundry in the basement.
The beach club across the road - yes we are not used to paying for a chair and extra for a towel but the 5 stars that include everything are a lot pricier so enjoy the day on the beach as your outing for the day and think what you are saving when you are touring. (Beach towels an Umbrellas in the rooms would be nice.)
The lunch at the beach club is excellent and the hotel cafe is also contemporary and makes a really good coffee even with soya milk and is a lovely place to sit across from the beach.
As other reviewers have said it is the staff that make the Royal Antibes experience what it is. The transfer they had arranged failed to meet us at the airport so we took a taxi from Nice. We were met by the valet who apologised and paid for the taxi. Then the manager apologised and sent up champagne and a basket with an apology and we had apologies from the concierge as well. They couldn't have done more.
All 4 of the concierge we met were excellent. They were incredibly friendly and helpful with all our requests and gave us maps with routes highlighted and booked our restaurants . All of the staff were consistently and genuinely friendly from front desk, valet, waiters in the cafe the main
Manager remembered our coffee orders by the second day to the guys at the beach club. The staff and the treatments in the day spa were also top notch. We stayed 6 nights but could have stayed 10. We hope to return one day. A memorable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ROYAL ANTIBES - LUXURY HOTEL, RESIDENCE, BEACH & SPA * * * * ouvert depuis Avril 2011, le ROYAL Antibes propose 64 chambres, suites et appartements entre vieille ville et Cap d'Antibes, a proximite immediate du centre ville et du Musee Picasso. Face a la mer, avec sa Plage privee, 2 restaurants, 1 lounge bar avec terrasse exterieure, parking prive et son Spa partenaire "Cinq Mondes", le Royal Antibes est le premier hotel de Luxe d'Antibes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Preferred Hotels, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach And Spa
- Royal Antibes Hotel, Residence, Beach Hotel Antibes