“A bit tired”

Hotel Stars Antibes
Ranked #83 of 87 Hotels in Antibes
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel was a bit dark. Our room very dark. with a damp smell however it suited our needs. Breakfast was very good. Outside eating area very nice for takeaways. Supermarket a 10 minute walk Antibes CBD a 10 min drive. Wifi is in reception area which is not ideal. Staff are very very nice which makes everything better.
Very good air conditioning.

Room Tip: Bathroom is very very small.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I can only say, only one good thing about this hotel is FREE PARKING.. the rest.. well. I am not that kind of picky person.. but this hotel comes with few thing I can't put up with. First, the room is smell.. the bath room like a cubic tube.. very small space. this is the only hotel I have ever want to check out in the early morning.. it's so stink.. I felt like slept in the ash tray for a night.. just so bad for holiday.. Not worth your money.. It's not even near 2 stars hotel. Don't recommend at all. The worst hotel of the one month trip.. winner of the worst. The carpet is in blue. is so dirty, I didn't even want to walk with bare feet on it. and there is a metal bar right on the wall above your head. I really don't understand about the function at all. maybe tie someone in the bed? I would avoid this hotel if you wanna better quality sleep. I got this hotel from hotwire secret 2 stars hotel.. so be careful for this one.

Room Tip: you need to bring Oxygen with you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lifecity
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I had to stay in Antibes for a night when my car broke down so stayed here because it was the cheapest available.
Maybe my expectations were lowered because of this and I might have thought it was worse if I'd been here on holiday.
But given that the room cost about 50euros the standard was OK. Basically it was about as good as a lower end travelodge would be in the UK but it cost less and was in a pretty expensive town.
The location isn't great but it's in walking distance of town if you're healthy and there's a Carrefour supermarket on the doorstep. I'm really not sure what the people are talking about when they say it's a rough area. I went for a run twice when I was there and got completely lost in the local streets around the hotel both times. The whole area was just like a quiet Cornish seaside town from what I saw.
I noticed the carpet was a bit dirty and that the bathroom could have done with a bit of redecoration but overall wasn't too bad. The bathrooms really were tiny though.
Hotel had free wifi and all the reception staff spoke good English. I'm really not sure what people expect for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Very easy: Go to the next waste disposal and bring all broken beds, mattress and used dirty blankets. Preferably smelling sweet and feet.
Rest of the unfair things needed are already there: spotted moquette and cigarette smell. Don't expect any cooling as nothing will work at the time you need it.
Reception desk is useless, whenever you need them, they will be far or not concerned in a very poor english.
Don't expect any lighting on the parking lot at night, bring your own if you want to step out of the building. Dangerous place, noisy, far from town and ugly

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Derek S
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Bad points first. Small rooms as in very tiny, puny air-con, poorly located for accessing town, badly equipped in terms of refreshments etc.
Good points. Friendly and helpful staff, some multi-lingual, near auto-route, good shopping mall (Carrafour) within walking distance, nice grounds, lots of parking, reasonable priced.
Better hotels are nearby, but I wouldn't be gone on Antibes anyway, bit of an anthill with little in the way of facilities, natural beauty or shoreline.

Room Tip: all tiny rooms and the bathrooms are miniscule
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ithought
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We booked in december 2011 for 3nights in July 2012! When we arrived we where given room 9 and 10, room 10 smelt fusty and damp! Room 9 smelt of Fish! even the man who showed us the rooms said about the smell, he gave us a tin of air and told us to leave the window open! We asked for different rooms to be told they were full, he was very rude and unhelpful... Also in the conformation email they said they had a cot for the baby (my 10 month old granddaughter) which would be free.... But they had nothing for the baby to sleep in! They did offer a dirty old mattress for us to put on the floor which we refused. We had to go to the local shop and buy a travel cot which cost €30! We didn't unpack anything as we thought things would start to smell, we kept all the bags in the fusty smelling room... The next morning there was a lovely receptionist who said sorry about everything and we asked if we could change rooms! Which we did.... but never ever will we stop here again or recommend it to anyone!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah3764
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Hotel in the suburbs of Antibes, so quite far from the city centre, actually it is near the motorway and a big supermarket. Staff speaks english but it's not friendly, I asked twice for a hairdryer and it was always unavailable. Rooms are tiny and not clean, bathroom was tiny too... during the night we heard the noise of the car so it was quite difficult to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple