other travellers have booked this property
Welcome To LeBonheur Antibes Unique 1 bedroom sleeps max 4 in Old Town Antibes new Kitchen Bathroom
yes Your Stay will be in an Historic Old Town Castle with all the Modcons that your require Central Antibes beach, five minute walk from the apartment Warm Water secure next to International Harbour
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Apartment in Old Town Antibes, France bult in the 1600's close to the Fresh Produce market & Beach
Bathroom with Shower & Basin & washing machine with Separate Toilet on Suite to Bedroom & Lounge
Bathroom with bath/shower, basin and washing machine. Separate WC Spacious well lite
Side View From the Window of Modern Lounge with Sleeper Couch Kitchen Entrance hall Airconditiong
View of the Whole Building with Viewof the Archway to Beach view 200 meters away top restaurants
Living in the South of France, Antibes this is the best kept secret close to Cairn & Nice & Monarco
Queen size bed with memory Foam Cupboards Drawers aircondtiong new laminated Floor on Suite bathroom
Main Bedroom with air conditioning & fan newlay Laminated Flooringplenty of packing space Sleep well
Main bedroom with extra length queen size bed air conditioning new laminated Flooring on suite/Bath
Main beach of Antibes, a two minute walk from the apartment Views to die for Boating Snorkling avail
Wondering around the charming streets of Old Town, Antibes you will get lost & near Picasio Museum
View from the Beach of that Warm Crystal Blue water safe Swimming close to International Port & walk
Memories to take home after your stay in our Unique clean modern 1 bedroom Apartment see you again!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Will H
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Careful if you want safety, home comforts and space!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

First the positive. On being told that neither the internet nor TV was working, the owner immediately gave back 20% of the fee. Secondly, the local manager, Cathy, was extremely willing to both try to solve problems and did so with a great attitude. When the hot water disappeared, she was able to talk us through the repair. However, this was a very disappointing place to stay despite its superb location. The place is tiny, getting into and out of the Loo actually took some working out. The bed is jammed between two walls so you have to climb your way to sleep, cooking is simply not possible in the galley-kitchen so in the event you visit the wonderful market down the the road, don't imagine you will be able to cook the local produce too easily. Then there's the vagrancy issue. Through no fault of the owner, outside Le Bonheur is where the local drunks seem to seek both shelter and relieve themselves - creating an almighty stench. But the main reason I chose to post this review is safety. I think it vital for those considering staying at Le Bonheur to know that the flat is criss-crossed by electric cables running from the sockets, up walls and across ceiling to light fittings. A child might pull away at such a cable on the wall, while the damp air emanating from the bathroom (which has no window or vent) could easily create problems. Indeed, visitors should carefully examine escape routes in the event of a fire. Put simply, this excellently located studio-style space is in urgent need of modernisation.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: The flat
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
6 May 2012
First and foremost I would like to say that i am a huge believer in positive criticism and advice from people with travel experience. However, in order to respond appropriately I had to know my facts and figures and a quick view at the profile of this displeased traveller revealed nothing short of a pattern of complaints which immediately made me feel a little better about my review.

I feel the best and most positive way to respond is to break down the review, point by point and then discuss before concluding.
I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused by the TV and internet playing up, but as you said it was well handled and needs no explanation further than ‘bad timing’. I am also very pleased that someone has mentioned how fantastic Cathy, the agent is. She certainly makes a huge difference, though normally it is by adding to the many positive experiences of the visitors! With regard to the size of the apartment, whilst it is not large, it is ample for up to four people and ideal for two, and at this stage I would like to point out that the advert suggests nothing more than that. With regard to the comment on the awkwardness of the toilet, it is possibly fair to say that buildings built in 1828 were perhaps not quite as practical as today but at the risk of sounding rude, no ‘working out’ is required at all. The bed is ‘placed’ not jammed in between two walls and was done so at the advice of a trained interior decorator to add to the style and cozyness of the bedroom. The kitchen can be seen in more than one of the photographs on the site and whilst it does not encourage massive dinner parties, it is more than enough to cook for four or six people and I am personally yet to find an item at the fresh market that cannot be cooked in the apartment. I feel it would be unfair for me to comment on the issue of vagrancy or the stench mentioned, as I have not experienced either in the 3 months I lived there, other than a once off group of drunk young men who were chased away by the police. No other tenant has brought it to my attention or that of the agent, but the agent has agreed to take it up with the council and police and should there be an issue, it will be resolved.
With regard to the issue of the wiring, safety, fire risk and ‘dampness’ from the bathroom, I cannot say I agree with any of the above comments. The building in which the apartment is situated is a Historical monument building and therefore the owner is somewhat tied in what can be altered. The council has very strict regulations which we have to thank for keeping it as beautiful as it is. Altering the apartment in order to modernize it any further would take away from the uniqueness of this fantastic apartment. That said ,one thing that I would NEVER overlook is safety and I have contacted an electrician who will be meeting with Cathy to ensure all the wiring is safe and if any should be regarded unsafe, to change such. In addition I have written to the council and applied to put a small window in the bathroom to help with the damp mentioned, which I can honestly say I have never experienced.
I feel at this time it is only fair that I point out that the apartment has been the base to a great many visitors to Antibes. 2012 has 27 bookings so far and 2011 was as busy . This review is the very first negative review or for that matter the very first single point of criticism from any tenant. In 2013 I already have bookings for a third consecutive year from certain return tenants and many second timers this year.

Being positioned in the old town, right next door to the famous market and 20 metres from the sea makes it unbeatable as far as position, and access to all the town has to offer, goes. Double glazed windows mean that you can be a part of the festivities right up until lights out and then simply switch it all off! If the criticism is that my apartment does not boast a 21’st century hotel room finish or feel, then I will say that I am happy with that and acknowledge that my apartment is an ‘Old Town Antibes Experience’ and not just a place to stay. Though 100% is my goal, if 99 percent of my tenants can only write in praise and thanks, I will accept that the place speaks for itself!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;