“Chrono is a no no”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2013

DO NOT visit is restaurant with kids. Possibly the rudest experience I've had in Antibes. I came with my 2 school aged kids and my 1 year old. When we arrived I asked if they had a high chair. The waiter said no and that they "don't like children there but on this occasion..." he then shrugged. I think he expected me to not understand. Irritated, but hungry we decided to stay. Our meals were brought to us in record time, presumably to get rid of us. Our kids ate quietly then did their sticker books. At one point the bottle of chilli oil got knocked over. The waiter flounced over to us, let out a massive sigh and snatched the bottle of us without even looking at us. There was a French couple and their baby nearby, he gave them a massive smile and asked if everything was OK with their meal, he then said he'd bring us the bill. I was outraged. The restaurant was not full. It was painfully obvious they wanted us out. We strung out putting down our money for the bill as we were so angry at being rushed. All our kids were well behaved. If you are a party of adults you'd probably be treated fine but as I said before avoid with kids.

1  Thank Johnno N

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We found this place by chance. It is great. The locals love it, so did we... And we went back for a second meal the next night. Great pizza, good specials and kind staff. Enjoy!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We arrived in Antibes late on Sunday, so our first night out was a Monday, we found it hard to find a table as a number of the restaurants were closed or full. As we went past Chrono the food looked good on the plates of the diners and what was more important, they had a vacant table. Well, the food was great, the first course was called something like Le Chrono surprise, whatever it was called it was plate full of great food....fois gras, cold meats etc. etc., our next course was a perfect piece of steak, with a truly superb flavour, if slightly undercooked for most British palates, but luckily I enjoy my meat walking to meet me, so for me it was perfection, I forget what the pudding was, but the wine was great! I think, from memory, the menu was 28eur per head, great value for money and the wine was about 25eur. The waiter was great and all in all it was a very enjoyable evening.

1  Thank UK0AP
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We chose Le Chrono due to the fact that every outdoor table (only 6-8 tables, very cozy) was occupied, the food on the plates looked delicious, and all of the guests seemed to be truly enjoying themselves.

Our waiter was very kind, very welcoming, and very funny. He sang along with the background music as he strolled around checking on his tables and was happy to answer all of our questions regarding the menu.

The service was timed impeccably, we never felt rushed or ignored, and the food was incredible. We would visit again in an instant, but with only three days in Antibes, we had to explore as much as we could.

Thank you Le Chrono for a fantastic dinner!!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

They treat you with courtesy and respect and rember from previous times food great and good value for money
Great selection menu