“Always Delivers!”

Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc
Ranked #6 of 86 Hotels in Antibes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I have just returned from our fourth (now annual) trip to Hotel du Cap Eden Roc. There are simply not enough superlatives that I can think of to describe our stay. I will nonetheless try.

First, the location of the hotel is perfect. You will find yourselves within a short drive of Juan Les Pins, Antibes and Cannes. While a bit longer, you are close enough to visit Nice and the Vence area. You are right in the middle of the French Riviera and all of its wonders.

Second, there is simply not a more beautiful setting you will ever find for a hotel. The views of the Sea are breathtaking. You will feel as though you are on the edge of the world.

Third, the hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. The common areas and private accomodations are classic and timeless. The entire resort is spotless. Every amenity you could imagine is at your fingertips. Whatever you could think of...they have already thought of and made available to you.

Fourth - and most importantly - it is the staff. It all starts from the General Manager, Mr. Phillipe Perd. I have had the good fortune of dealing with him in respect of reservations and other matters and I could not think of a more accomodating and impressive manager. His approach to client service has the expected trickle down effect. Every employee with whom my wife and I interacted were warm, friendly and extraordinarily helpful.

I would be remiss not to mention the extraordinary group that oversees the operation of the Eden Roc Pavillion. We were looked after by Eric and Laurent and their group. And when I say looked after, I mean it. Whatever it was that I needed, they attended to with a smile. For example, I wanted to help out my parents with an issue regarding ground transportation in the area (they were not residents of the hotel). I asked Eric for assistance and he, with a smile, found me three different options at various price points in a matter of minutes.

I should also mention that the staff at the pool and in the Grille do a magnificient job in an environment where countless requests and demands are placed upon them. They all do their job with a cool and pleasant air about them that made us, as guests, relax almost immediately.

Perhaps this last example captures the level of service in a concise way. On our last day, we stayed at the resort until well after check out, leaving our bags with Stephane, one of the gentleman who runs the desk at the Pavillion. When we decided to leave, but about 10 minutes before we would depart, I asked Stephane if he could...and he literally finished my sentence "pack up our car and program the GPS to take us to our next location" to which he responded to the question that he had finished asking for me by responding that "This has already been done...". I looked and saw my car in front of the building all ready to go. Now that's service.

All in all - do yourself a favour - treat yourself if even just once to the experience of Hotel du Cap.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Cdntravellor
ReponsesDirection, Directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear guest,

Let me first personally thank you for taking time to write your feedbacks regarding your recent stay at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc on Trip Advisor.

It is a blast to receive comments as yours. I was truly delighted to read such positive words. It is extremely rewarding for our hotel and our collaborators to know that you spent a wonderful stay and that your experience was absolutely exceptional.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our fantastic location on Cap d'Antibes, and the fabulous view of the hotel.

One of our first priorities is to make our guests feel comfortable, so it is such a pleasure to read how much you liked the hotel and its staff.

It was particularly wonderful to read that our team took great individually care of you and anticipated all your needs. They try everyday to do their best to make your stay unforgettable and unique.
The guests’ delight is our delight. No doubt they will appreciate your kind comments. Guest recognition is the most importance to us.

Once again, thank you so much for your generous comments. Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at l’Hotel du Cap Eden Roc.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Been here several times, it's nice and exclusive and it's very civilised as you'd expect. Came for lunch a few weeks ago with friends ( unfortunately I was paying ) and the service, views and food are very good. Yes you pay stupid prices for a burger and frittes but at least they are very nice. Was sat next to Quentin Tarentino and Umo Thurman so if you like that stuff it's good fun or alternatively if you just like to escape for a few hours and have some nice food it's great.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sydney8131
ReponsesDirection, directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is very important for us to know that you enjoyed our restaurants; and that our team took care of you because we want the well-being of our guest.

Concerning rates in our restaurant, I am pleased to confirm you that our chef is taking care of having unique and fresh local products every day for our guest which has a price.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We took the train from Monaco to have lunch at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc. The train ride was beautiful and you could see the coast most of the train ride! I would recommend spending some time stopping along some of the small towns. Once we got to Antibes, we took a cab (not a lot of cabs in town) to hotel. The Hotel is beautiful. We sat by the water and had a nice/very expensive lunch. The staff was professional; but service was not excellent nor warm. There were a lot of servers; but not attentive to service.
We enjoyed our time at the water best!
We loved diving off the diving board into the sea. The pool is glorious.
The grounds and hotel are beautiful. There seemed to be mostly Americans at the hotel.
It was a fun break from Monaco for the day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mkini
ReponsesDirection, Directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip advisor.

Is it not often that the guests take the time to ride with the train, but you are so right, from Monaco to Antibes and even further the view is amazing and there is a lot of small towns who deserve to be stop by.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our fantastic location and our swimming-pool offering a panoramic view on the mediterranean sea.

We were also very concerned regarding your comments about the service and we apologise for it.

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

From A to Z, it's THE place to spend a week-end in Europe. Their hotel is just perfect - staff, service, rooms are just great, food is delicious, and one of their biggest pleasures is this mediterranean garden, really vast, perfectly maintained, giving you space for strolls, enjoying the beautiful southern smell. We really enjoyed it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Morgenstern8
ReponsesDirection, Directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear guest,

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you spent relaxing time with us. Your comments regarding our hospitality and our property are really pleasant.

Be assured that your congratulations will be shared with our entire team.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in a not too distant future

Sincerely yours

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is one of the most beautiful hotels in Europe and one of the most elite for sure. Depends on what time of the year you go to avoid some of the Russian oligarchs, hookers and Arab Sheiks but late Spring, early summer are beautuful times to go and not too crowded. The rooms of the hotel are in two sections, the main hotel and the Eden Roc, which is over the water. I recommend this if you can spare the cash - everything in the hotel is EXPENSIVE. Drinks, food and everything else is pricey but this hotel is first rate for Europe. It's a drive from the shops in Cannes but it's great for seclusion, yacht sightings. The pool is pretty and you can jump into the water, no beach though. Be prepared to see the richest of the richest at this locale and be prepared to unfortunately spend lots of money. This hotel used to be nicknamed Hotel du Cash, because they only accepted cash. Bellinis are a must at the bar.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PickyPerson82
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Yes, it is expensive. Yes, it is beautiful, with some of the best service around. Roses, personalize note and snacks welcomed us.I will always remember being able to throw open the windows and shutters each morning to a stunning view and amazing weather. Nothing was too much trouble, and I never felt out of place or felt the service was stuffy. I loved my massage facial combo with 2 therapists. When we checked out, 2 people were waiting to check and make sure we did not forget anything. Our suite was large and sunny, although a regular room for our children seemed a bit cramped. Thanks to Fred for being the best concierge, and to the young man Kris, for being so friendly and helpful- what an amazing hotel in one of the prettiest places in the world!!

Room Tip: A corner suite is best!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank melissamce
ReponsesDirection, Directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to post your comment on Trip advisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the time with us, and we enjoy reading all the positive comments, you can be assured that it will be shared with our teams and especially with Frederic and Chris.

We are lucky to have our own florist that can offer the best quality flowers to our guest and nice personalized bunch of flowers.
We are also fortunate to have a perfect location on Cap d'Antibes and we still try to do our best to personalize each service for each guest every day

We would be delighted to welcome you again at your next visit on the côte d'azur.

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I firmly believe that you get what you pay for and it is so evident here. A wonderful building and grounds are perfect, its one of life's joys to visit here and the staff are truly excellent as well as the foods. Not cheap, but the best never is. Two days here is better than two weeks in some concrete tower in Spain, eating packet or frozen food. Here, everything is fresh and excellent.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John D
ReponsesDirection, directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the time with us, and we enjoy reading all your positive comments.

Our Executive Chef, Mr Arnaud Poette makes sure to have fresh, nice and unique products, from local farmers’ everyday to satisfy our guest. Be assured that your positive comments will be shared with him and his team and I am convinced it would encouraged them

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Laurent van Hoegaerden
Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Antibes
Hotel Belles Rives
Hotel Royal-Riviera
Hotel Royal-Riviera
#1 of 8 in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
InterContinental Carlton Cannes

Been to Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc? Share your experiences!