“Timeless Elegance..”

Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc
Ranked #6 of 86 Hotels in Antibes
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at Eden Roc for part of our honeymoon after a disappointing week at Splendido. Eden Roc reminded us what hotels of this calibre should be like and restored our faith in hotels with such glittering reputations.

In many ways this hotel is a contradiction in terms, it is glamorous but comfortable; formal but relaxing; trendy but functional and the service is always excellent whether it's the fantastic welcome on arrival, the late night gourmet room service or the helpful team by the pool.

Not all things were to our tastes but the things that should be right always were. The cabanas by the sea are great I'd imagine if you are an A lister seeking solace from the paparazzi but we didn't really see the point of spending £1000 for one for half the day once you have thrown in a couples massage and a lunch. We also felt the atmosphere was nicer at the pool and all the guests were pretty friendly while we were there.

The prices are consistently high as you would expect but some of them seem a bit daft such as the €44 burger. That said if you go out anywhere near the hotel the hotel seems good value, at Bacon the local seafood restaurant for example the bouillabaisse with langoustines is €165 which is pretty steep for a bowl of soup (although our meal was fantastic)!

Other things of note were the ambiance in the champagne bar, the espresso Martini's and cigar selection in the Bellini bar, the excellent breakfast service and in particular the housekeeping and concierge service. Both of these teams are effortlessly brilliant and no request was too much for them. I think the family ownership of this hotel is a big plus despite them having a few properties now. You really get the feel that they care which can be rare and the opposite of what we had experienced at Splendido.

On departure I filled out a feedback form with three minor points I felt could have improved and within a week I had a response to my home from the manager.. Now that's slick!

Thank you for a great stay on our special visit to all the team at Eden Roc - sublime!!

Xx

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Truffle-dodger
ReponsesDirection, Directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post all the positive comments about your recent stay on Trip advisor.

That you felt most welcomed by all the team, and that their words or actions you found to be thoughtful and respectful is the highest compliment possible for us.

We are really proud to restore your faith with hotels like ours. Is it true that we have a special reputation, but our first and only wish is to make our guest feel like home and do not be annoyed by anything.

We are pleased to see that you appreciated the response made by our manager about the guest comment card that you filled out in your room, it is very important for us to answer to everyone who took the time for it.

Your comments on TripAdvisor were very much appreciated, particularly that you found our staff exemplary. They try everyday to do their best to make your stay unforgettable and unique. The guests’ delight is our delight.

We also would like to thank you regarding all your comments it help us to improve everyday our service.

Once again, thank you so much for your generous comments. Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at l’Hotel du Cap Eden Roc.

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Eden Roc is truly lovely place. The grounds are so tranquil and peaceful and it's very pleasant to spend time wandering round.

We arrived late afternoon. After checking in we walked down to the bar by the pool for a drink. We were going to eat in the restaurant, but unfortunately it was being used for a private event. We thought we might have something to eat in the bar area but service closed at 7:00pm, so we settled for more champagne followed by coffee and cake. It was VERY expensive.

It's quite a walk from the hotel to the pool area but there is a golf cart service at the front of the hotel.

Our room was lovely, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was magnificent. We had a complimentary mini bar (soft drinks only) which was nice and free flip flops (hey, I'm from Yorkshire - I love a freebie). The the only downside was the lack of English TV channels.

All the staff were friendly and polite, although they do seem keen to clean your room twice a day! I had put the do not disturb light on, only to hear the maid push a card under the door at 10:30pm saying they tried to get in to clean the room and if we still wanted it doing to ring them.

You have the choice of taking breakfast on the terrace or in the breakfast room down by the pool. The setting on the terrace was wonderful, but the service was not as good as that in the breakfast room.

A very nice stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LiciaW
ReponsesDirection, Directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear guest,

Is it true that we have private events sometimes out of the month of July and August, but we always try to accommodate our guest the best we can because they are our priority.
We are aware that staying in a hotel of this category is not inexpensive, and the services neither but we know that the service should therefore not only be impeccable, and effective but should be smooth and seamless and we need to best satisfy all the demands of our customers so that the service as no value for our guest.

Thank you for your remarks regarding the English channels and the breakfast, it is very important for us and this allow us to improve everyday and give the best service to our guest.

Thank you for all your positive comments about our staff, we'll be pleased to share it with them

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Eden Roc preserves its spectacular heritage and charm, while providing the most modern creature comforts. The service is amongst the best we have received, and it's remarkable how the hotel manages to do it with a clearly full house. When you're here, you can tell that each little amenity has been given a great deal of consideration, and every staff member trained to uphold the very high level of class the establishment holds itself to. The pool area is sublime, as are the tennis courts, the lush grounds, the amazing restaurants (the breakfast is to die for). Fred, the concierge, is something out of a movie (the Grand Budapest Hotel to be precise) in that he can pull off the craziest requests for you - and you almost sense of entitlement when you walk in for a reservation Fred has made for you!
I could go on and on obviously. In summary, this could be the most spectacular vacation of your life but be warned that other hotels may forever pale in comparison to this lovely gem.

Room Tip: The two fountains building has just been updated (I think most of the hotel has actually). our rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ReponsesDirection, Directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for being such a wonderful ambassador with your generous comments on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to be able to renovate a part of the hotel every year during the winter that guest can enjoy it better every time they visit.

We are so glad that you found that our service was probably the best you had, this is why we work for, and this is the best compliment you could say.

Be sure that we will share all your remarks with our staff and especially to Fred.

We would be delighted to welcome you again at your next visit on the Côte d’Azur.

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I spent a long week end at the end of June in this beautiful hotel. There is nothing more to say that hasn't been said already in the previous reviews. Wonderful location, amazing land scape, very kind and efficient staff, everybody and everything will make you feel you are simply spending some time in your own private villa on the south of France!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank michelle m
ReponsesDirection, Directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear guest,

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc on Trip Advisor.

We were really pleased to read that we met your expectations. You can be assured that your congratulations will be shared with our entire team.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in a not too distant future

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I have just returned from our fourth (now annual) trip to Hotel du Cap Eden Roc. There are simply not enough superlatives that I can think of to describe our stay. I will nonetheless try.

First, the location of the hotel is perfect. You will find yourselves within a short drive of Juan Les Pins, Antibes and Cannes. While a bit longer, you are close enough to visit Nice and the Vence area. You are right in the middle of the French Riviera and all of its wonders.

Second, there is simply not a more beautiful setting you will ever find for a hotel. The views of the Sea are breathtaking. You will feel as though you are on the edge of the world.

Third, the hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. The common areas and private accomodations are classic and timeless. The entire resort is spotless. Every amenity you could imagine is at your fingertips. Whatever you could think of...they have already thought of and made available to you.

Fourth - and most importantly - it is the staff. It all starts from the General Manager, Mr. Phillipe Perd. I have had the good fortune of dealing with him in respect of reservations and other matters and I could not think of a more accomodating and impressive manager. His approach to client service has the expected trickle down effect. Every employee with whom my wife and I interacted were warm, friendly and extraordinarily helpful.

I would be remiss not to mention the extraordinary group that oversees the operation of the Eden Roc Pavillion. We were looked after by Eric and Laurent and their group. And when I say looked after, I mean it. Whatever it was that I needed, they attended to with a smile. For example, I wanted to help out my parents with an issue regarding ground transportation in the area (they were not residents of the hotel). I asked Eric for assistance and he, with a smile, found me three different options at various price points in a matter of minutes.

I should also mention that the staff at the pool and in the Grille do a magnificient job in an environment where countless requests and demands are placed upon them. They all do their job with a cool and pleasant air about them that made us, as guests, relax almost immediately.

Perhaps this last example captures the level of service in a concise way. On our last day, we stayed at the resort until well after check out, leaving our bags with Stephane, one of the gentleman who runs the desk at the Pavillion. When we decided to leave, but about 10 minutes before we would depart, I asked Stephane if he could...and he literally finished my sentence "pack up our car and program the GPS to take us to our next location" to which he responded to the question that he had finished asking for me by responding that "This has already been done...". I looked and saw my car in front of the building all ready to go. Now that's service.

All in all - do yourself a favour - treat yourself if even just once to the experience of Hotel du Cap.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Cdntravellor
ReponsesDirection, Directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear guest,

Let me first personally thank you for taking time to write your feedbacks regarding your recent stay at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc on Trip Advisor.

It is a blast to receive comments as yours. I was truly delighted to read such positive words. It is extremely rewarding for our hotel and our collaborators to know that you spent a wonderful stay and that your experience was absolutely exceptional.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our fantastic location on Cap d'Antibes, and the fabulous view of the hotel.

One of our first priorities is to make our guests feel comfortable, so it is such a pleasure to read how much you liked the hotel and its staff.

It was particularly wonderful to read that our team took great individually care of you and anticipated all your needs. They try everyday to do their best to make your stay unforgettable and unique.
The guests’ delight is our delight. No doubt they will appreciate your kind comments. Guest recognition is the most importance to us.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Been here several times, it's nice and exclusive and it's very civilised as you'd expect. Came for lunch a few weeks ago with friends ( unfortunately I was paying ) and the service, views and food are very good. Yes you pay stupid prices for a burger and frittes but at least they are very nice. Was sat next to Quentin Tarentino and Umo Thurman so if you like that stuff it's good fun or alternatively if you just like to escape for a few hours and have some nice food it's great.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sydney8131
ReponsesDirection, directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is very important for us to know that you enjoyed our restaurants; and that our team took care of you because we want the well-being of our guest.

Concerning rates in our restaurant, I am pleased to confirm you that our chef is taking care of having unique and fresh local products every day for our guest which has a price.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We took the train from Monaco to have lunch at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc. The train ride was beautiful and you could see the coast most of the train ride! I would recommend spending some time stopping along some of the small towns. Once we got to Antibes, we took a cab (not a lot of cabs in town) to hotel. The Hotel is beautiful. We sat by the water and had a nice/very expensive lunch. The staff was professional; but service was not excellent nor warm. There were a lot of servers; but not attentive to service.
We enjoyed our time at the water best!
We loved diving off the diving board into the sea. The pool is glorious.
The grounds and hotel are beautiful. There seemed to be mostly Americans at the hotel.
It was a fun break from Monaco for the day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mkini
ReponsesDirection, Directeur at Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip advisor.

Is it not often that the guests take the time to ride with the train, but you are so right, from Monaco to Antibes and even further the view is amazing and there is a lot of small towns who deserve to be stop by.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our fantastic location and our swimming-pool offering a panoramic view on the mediterranean sea.

We were also very concerned regarding your comments about the service and we apologise for it.

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Antibes
Hotel Belles Rives
Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes
Hotel Royal-Riviera
Hotel Royal-Riviera
#1 of 8 in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat

Been to Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc? Share your experiences!