“Great base for exploring Antibes and the surrounding area”
Review of Mas Djoliba Hotel

Mas Djoliba Hotel
Ranked #2 of 85 Hotels in Antibes
“Great base for exploring Antibes and the surrounding area”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel is located in a quiet area yet only a short walk from the beach and the Antibes old town. We stayed in the family suite at the top of the main building which had plenty of space for the family of 4 and a large terrace with the sea view. The room, as the hotel in general, was tastefully furnished, clean and well serviced. Staff was approachable and friendly, the manager Delphine always responded quickly to any request and gave us some helpful advice. At times we had to remind children not to make excessive noise around the swimming pool as the hotel and the guests try to preserve tranquil nature of the area. Despite that kids really enjoyed our stay there and we are all hoping to revisit Mas Djoliba in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
NJ
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The family rooms are very nice and spacious. It was nice to be able to walk to both Antibes and Juan les Pins. The staff was very helpful and I would stay here again. The parking is tight, but I actually preferred parking in the street out front. Overall a very good choice.

Stayed August 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at Mas Djoliba in June. It was a mother and teenage daughter holiday. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. When I made the original enquiry they suggested a more comfortable room so that we wouldn't have to share a bed, and it was very pleasant, big, light and airy. Continental Breakfast was served alfresco each morning, originally we'd planned to go out for breakfasts but it was so good, and just what we wanted, fruit, yoghurt, muesli, and croissant selection, we ended up having breakfast at the hotel every day. We easily walked to Antibes old town, up to the lighthouse and into Juan les Pins, but are both quite fit. Buses and taxis were easily accessible.
The staff made excellent restaurant suggestions and directed us to a good cheap car hire company. We were so busy we didn't have time to enjoy the pool but it looked very inviting.
There wasn't space to park in the hotel every night but it was easy to find parking nearby.
There weren't any frills at the hotel but it was excellent for the price and we couldn't fault our room it was fresh, clean and spacious if a bit retro in appearance.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff they will suggest the best room for your needs!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We where there only for one night. We where a family of 5 including three children from the age of four to thirteen. We stayed at their suit situated in a villa close to the main building. Very nice room with a lot of space. Nice pool area and a beautiful small garden. We can highly recommend it any day of the week...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and two teenagers and I stayed at the Mas Djoliba in late June 2014. What a paradise! Our bungalow room was wonderful, with two twin beds in small alcoves for the kids, a separate bedroom for my husband and I, a spacious living area, a lovely garden with seating outside our door, and a wonderful pool just steps away. The location is perfect - a short walk to the beach and into town, but in a tranquil neighborhood for getting away from it all. The service was also top-notch, with our every question answered quickly and all our needs met. I highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I typically stay in Nice when I visit colleagues in Sophia Antipolis, but this time I decided to try Antibes. Mas Djoliba was a great choice! Very pleasant surroundings and located in a quiet neighborhood. The receptionist was very helpful (she made some great restaurant recommendations) and friendly. I had a single person room that was small, but well-kept and clean. Breakfast was good and served in the pleasant front patio.

I rented a car because I had to travel to meetings in Sophia Antipolis. There are a small number of parking "spots" on the property, but these filled up quickly. Gates closed before 10:30PM. I seldom got in before then because of dinners. I was able to find parking at nights on a nearby street though.

In summary, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will stay there again when next I visit the Nice area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 20 - 22 May but somehow my review didn't get posted so I'm doing it again because I had such a lot of good things to say about this hotel. Firstly the building, it is a fine old Provençal house lovingly restored by the family and the grounds are beautiful and the pool is an added benefit. I had a single room which was just perfect for my needs as a solo traveller. I must single out Delphine for a mention, she was lovely, she took time to get me settled in, answered all my questions knowledgeably and with enthusiasm and charm. I loved every minute of my stay here, it is a real oasis of calm and tranquility.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo