“Lovely French food”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stumbled across this place by accident whilst looking around the old town of Antibes. The restaurant looks like a cave and is below ground but this added to the atmosphere of the place. We had delicious French food and lovely wine. Portions are large especially starter. My husband duck breast was delicious and cooked to perfection. There was only 1 waitress who was keeping the restaurant running on her own and did a great job with a smile , I would class this as a mid rang price restaurant.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch, quite a roomy space, a lot more tables than I had thought. They house was very welcoming. We ordered a bio bottle of rose, the lady agreed it was a good choice, it was.
The homemade chicken liver pâté rustic and lovely. My goats cheese salad was nice and surprisingly large, with an interesting twist, the cheese wrapped and fried in a sort of pancake mix.
Next we had the fresh fish, which had some really lovely flavours. I had a steak in Roquefort sauce with frites. The sauce was really nice but the part of the steak I had were slightly tough, all really nice flavours though. And the staff there are so nice and friendly.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

In a port town such as Antibes, one would expect to get great fresh fish - La Chaudron did not disappoint! Really delicious. Absolutely fantastic waitress as well - so friendly and engaging.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

The food here was absolutely amazing ... Michelin star I would say .... beacause I didn't write my review straight away I can't remember exactly what we had except to say it was delicious. And we will definitely return if in Antibes again .

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We found this cozy restaurant when we were out looking for a place to have a friendly meal. We first walked right past it, as it is quite hidden away, the entrance is this tiny door that leads to a varm, welcome, little place! They had amazing daily offers and the ordinary menu was also filled with tempting courses. We ended up having the lamb, duck and the gnocchi and we were all very satisfied! Recommended!