“Good place to stay”
Review of The Crew Grapevine

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antibes
The Crew Grapevine
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few weeks while looking for a job in yachting at the Seaside house.
The place is in a great location in the old town. It's 15 mins to the train station and around 5 minutes to the port and the beach.
The rooms are clean and you only share with 2 other people which is great. Big shares kitchen with good cooking facilities and an outdoor area to eat or sit in the sun.
There are 2 computers with free Internet and free printing. Only 1 of the computers printed while I was there which was annoying as Sometimes you had to wait for hours to get your turn. I think there should be more computers for the amount of people staying there.
The place is advertised as having a couple with insider knowledge of the industry who can help you with your cv and who run talks etc. I chose this crew house for this reason. Unfortunately Jen and Jason do not live on site and I did not meet either of them for my first 2 weeks in Antibes. On my 3rd week Jason did a free talk which was useful but I would have benefited much more from hearing that info in my first few weeks in Antibes. That was my biggest let down about the grapevine.
Apart from that, I had an excellent stay, met lots of great people and got an amazing job on a superyacht!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank jessica_aus
CrewGrapevine, Owner at The Crew Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Hi Jess, sad to hear we didn't live up to your expectations, I was at sea during the first weeks of your stay- in order to stay informed and connected to job leads for all of our guests I still need to venture offshore regularly, (the contacts I made during that trip lead to a large amount of daywork and about a dozen full time jobs for house members). Your concerns about the printer was noted at the time (it was replaced, the day you left). We hope you had a great season on your yacht and that we get to see your smiling face back in Antibes sometime soon.

NB for all reading this review, We (Jason and Jennifer) DO NOT live on either premises. Trust me ...a 3 year old running riot in a crew house would not be conducive to effective job seeking or maritime study :-)
J and J

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The Grape Vine is AMAZING! The staff are incredible and Jenn and Jason who run it are so helpful and supportive. They will offer you the best advice about the industry, help with CVs or any problems and let you know of any boats looking for crew. They also run interview practices which are done in a restaurant/bar and after a few glasses of wine everyones relaxed and your interview skills are top notch!

At accommodation is great - there are two houses, portside and seaside. I stayed in seaside and loved every minute of it. The rooms sleep 3 - 1 bunk bed and one single with en-suites. Theres a big airy window and rooms are kept clean and tidy!

Upstairs is the kitchen where you get your own space to cook food, theres a tv with lots of dvds and an outside balcony with a seating area and bbq! Theres also computers and free printing and laundry facilities.

Eva who runs it is great, very relaxed and friendly. Its a real home away from home. What made it for me though were the amazing people i met whilst staying there. Everyone is in the same boat (pardon the pun) and although everyone is after the same jobs we all helped each other out and wished the best for everyone!

It's an awesome place to stay and if you want a memorable, fun and worth while stay in Antibes, this is your place!!

Thanks to everyone at the Grape Vine for making my stay so great & making me feel so welcome!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank HopefullyHelfulTips
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I've stayed here a few times inbetween different jobs and have always met lovely people and had a great experience... helpful staff and great environment. the location of both properties are right in the heart of antibes and close to all majore tourist spots and the train station is only a short walk away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Chrisbrown22
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Staying at The Crew Grapevine was a great experience. The manager Jackie is so kind, helpful and she really cares about everyone at the crew house. I stayed at the portside and the rooms there were big and very clean. The location was great with walking distance to all the places you want to go to. I can highly recommend this place :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Jillie256
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The Crew Grapevine was great, by far the best out of all the crew houses. The "manager" Jackie made sure that you were comfortable and happy at all times.The room I stayed in accomodated 4 people and it had 2 showers and one toilet to share. The rooms were great because they were private and secure. There are locks on all the doors that required a code, so I always felt like my things were safe(no one can leave the door unlocked). Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank carla565
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Staying in the grape vine, has been a great experience, having lots of fun and meeting friendly people. in particular house manager jakki is mind blowing!!!! she's a winner!!! thanks for a great time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Prime187209
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I work on super yachts as a deck hand now and when i first cam out to antibes this is were a stayed and have stayed every time since. amazing location, great staff and guests alike, clean sapcious warm in winter cool in sumer, free internet, they even got me my firt two jobs! its a must!

Room Tip: Any room is good. there are two houses protside and seaside portside is a little closer to town but...