“A wonderful experience”

Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Biot
Price range: US$47 - US$131
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The restaurant headed by Michael Fulci (young chef trained at Verge and Ducasse), offers a kitchen full of flavor and delicacy with a touch of Provence. The only all prepared fresh, seasonal ingredients. The masonry is an old pottery 16em century. The summer terrace (patio covered with a pergola of vines) a green oasis. The room (restyled in 2014) has a special atmosphere with its wide arches Biot stones. The pearl gray walls gives a modernity while retaining the old charm of old stones. The dining room staff is very caring while remaining discreet and available to customers.
Sydney
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We have been on the French Riviera for over a week now and the lunch we had here today was the best so far. We took advantage of the "fixed prix" menu and opted for it to include drinks as well. The value was amazing - 59 euro for 3 courses, champagne on arrival, 2 glasses of wine, complimentary amuse bouche and coffee. We expected the food to be outstanding, being a Michelin star restaurant, and it was - but the accomplished friendly service from our waiter and the charming atmosphere in this ancient village made for a very special experience. You can choose not to have drinks included and this would bring the cost down to 43 euro per person.

• Visited October 2013

Bergen, Norway
“Great, not perfect, and expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a restaurant I've heard about a great deal. I've been to Auberge de Jarrier (not really sure if it still exists) a couple of years ago and it was a really good restaurant once, but fell greatly in value when it got new owners. Maybe this have happened to Les Terraillers as well. The food and service was great, but for that price and all its reputation I expected more. Maybe as a northerner I'm not that used to so much salt in my food, but here it really was dominating. Especially the foie grois I had was pretty much ruined by salt. Most of all this was a fun and very much correct experinece. Maybe I should try it again. Either way it's worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
England
“Saturday evening with friends...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

We travelled 40km to visit this restaurant in September 2013 with our neighbours. I had never heard of this restaurant but it turned out to be a Michelin 1 star restaurant with 3 red forks. Promising then.

When we arrived the first thing I spotted was that they operated valet parking. A quick glance showed that our car was far from the best vehicle in the carpark (ahem) and I thought it might have been rejected as not being expensive enough, lowering the tone or for not being made by BMW, Mercedes or Ferrari. However, the liveried attendant took over the car without showing much disdain, gave us a chit, and directed us to the entrance. I consoled myself that at least we own our car!

The outside of the restaurant doesn't give much away about how nice the inside might be but we were not disappointed, it's luxurious, opulent even. First impressions count. We were shown to a large round table (plenty of elbow room) with comfortable chairs. The tableware, glasses, cutlery, table cloth, etc, were all of suitably high quality.

The maitre offered various aperitifs which we took whilst perusing the menu. The second clue as to the likely cost of this venture was the old French trick that only one menu had prices - mine. My Wife noticed that and asked if there was anything we couldn't afford. "All of it", I whispered. Anyway, we all chose. Three of us chose a three course tasting menu “Saveur” but I wanted two courses from the A la Carte section instead.

Then came the properly dressed sommelier with the wine list, a substantial book of wines that would grace the table of any restaurant. There were about 6 pages of dense type showing serious wines from all over France. At the bottom of the last page there were just 4 wines from "other" places - two from Italy, one from Argentina and one from Chile. These seemed to have been added grudgingly at some point.

As to the price of the wines I now understood why they had valet parking. It was in case you couldn't pay you bill and they could impound your car. In our case the car might not have cleared the bill!

After discussion we decided upon Rose as a universal solution to the various main courses which had been chosen. The Rose selection was extensive and, get this, the cheapest Rose on the list at E66 was Domaine Tempier! So we had a bottle of that which was of course excellent. The wine list had bottles from all the well-known areas of France with some bottles at over E1,200. One example I remember was Ch Yqem at E875.

With my pudding, a Soufflé infused with Grand Marnier, I had a glass of Muscat from Corsica. It was excellent but confusingly the nose was like Semillon rather than Muscat.

I have no idea what the final bill came to, our neighbours insisted on paying, but we were able to retrieve our car with the aforementioned chit and return home safely.

A superb evening all round and a restaurant I can recommend without hesitation, just take a couple of credit cards!

Darlington, England, United Kingdom
“Magnifique!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Les Terraillers is a diamond restaurant in Biot, France i would recommend it highly. As a table of 4 we all ate the DISCOVERY MENU which was easily the best meal i have eaten in my life so far, each course continues to thrill your taste buds further. An excellent range of wines and champagnes accompany the fantastic food. A must visit for everyone!

Biot, France
“most disappointing compared to the reputation and the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I agree completely with the review of Josi which I should have read first!
I have not been there for around twenty years and it used to be at that time the best restaurant in Biot well known among Sophia Antipolis people for good food and bright atmosphere.
We chose the 69€ menu: starter (choice of 2) - choice of meat or fish - no choice for desert.
Same experience with the wine : far too much expensive compared to the quality of the wine.
We decided for two glass of wine instead of a semi bottle, I confirm that they are very mean on quantity, and the wine in spite of a price of around 15 euros per glass was quite bad specially the white one.
THe starter "filets d e rougets " wer honorable
The lamb and fish were quite disappointing , not much to eat and not memorable compared to same class restaurants in the area.
THe dessert which we have been waiting for a long time was really poor, much too sweet, the only good thing in it was the berries and the ice cream. It 's incredible that in such a restaurant you have to ask the waiter if they have forgotten you...and they had!!
I agree with Josi about the meanness of the owners , I heard a conversation among waiters about the bill of the next table , they were wondering if they had served one or two glasses of wine , and they decided for 2. The bill was already on the table of the guest and obviously had only 1 glass, they dared take it back and bring a new one with the 2 glasses instead of one!!
We shall never be back there ..no wonder they were the only spot where ther was room yesterday night.
I recommend the fassum in Grasse which for the same price and even lower proposes a 5 course meal with a real choice of everything and a far more inspired cuisine