Le Cagnard lived up to its reputation. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Laura came to pick us up from the automatic parking le Planestel and take us by very narrow roads to the hotel. Do not try to do this yourself. It would have been better to leave the hire car in the car park Sainte Luce which is not too far away. Le Planestel cost us 19 euros to leave the car overnight compared with 6.60 euros in Sainte Luce.
Our room, Cossetini, was very comfortable. It had TV, safe, coffee machine, fridge and sundry nibbles. You can see it and the bathroom for yourself in the traveller's photos. The bedlinen was clean and crisp, the towels thick and fluffy.
We ate each of the two nights of our stay in the hotel restaurant, which was elegant. The food was first class. The breakfast was a veritable feast.
The village needs to be explored on foot. There is lots to see and to enjoy. We especially liked sitting in the sun at one of several cafes on the Place Grimaldi and enjoying a drink, whilst we people watched.
At the end of our stay, Gregory took us down to the car park to collect the car and then led us through the town to the start of the motorway, for which we were extremely grateful. We had the impression that nothing was too much trouble or us as guests.
I should love to go back again and can thoroughly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk into a true French Fairytale, by entering the doors to this magnificent and romantic Castle from the 13th century, situated on the French Riviera overlooking the Mediterranean Sea...Enjoy staying in one of our 26 rooms and suites uniquely decorated rooms with local antiques and if you love reading why not relax, read or play chess in our cozy library, where you will find a cannonball from the Waterloo battle beneath the portrait of Napoleon, made when he sat in the prison in Nice. For breakfast indulge in our home made specialties and local produce, whilst enjoying the extraordinary view. Explore and go on a guided tour around the village on its medieval cobbled streets… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Le Cagnard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Cagnard Hotel Cagnes-Sur-Mer
- Le Cagnard Cagnes Sur Mer