“Amazing!”
Review of Chateau Le Cagnard

Chateau Le Cagnard
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Cagnes-sur-Mer
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stunning chateau, beautiful little town, staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. The rooms are amazing, very comfortable, beautifully designed and thoughtful attention to detail. Very luxurious, it was a short one night stop over for us but we loved it, would have stayed longer seemed to be a good base for exploring the area. Easy to drive to also.

• Stayed: June 2014
Frida I, Owner at Chateau Le Cagnard, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Teniele T
Thank you for your review. Thank you for choosing to stay at Château Le Cagnard and that you pointed out the attentiveness and welcoming of the staff, this is very important for me. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed the attention to detail and the interior design and recognise that it is a good base for exploring the area. Thank you for your visit and I hope to see you again here at Château Le Cagnard, hopefully for more than 1 night. Kind regards Frida Ivarsson and the team at Château Le Cagnard.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed there for 4 nights - the place was exquisite . The food was delicious (Stephane is a great cook) and the beds are incredibly comfortable .
The medieval town is lovely and you really feel in an other era , which is relaxing .
I really recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Frida I, Owner at Chateau Le Cagnard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Alexandra V,
Thank you very much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure having you with us here at Château Le Cagnard. I am delighted that you enjoy your stay, the food, the beds and everything else that Château Le Cagnard has to offer and the village. We look forward to welcome you again very soon. Kind regards Frida Ivarsson and the team at Château Le Cagnard.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful in a old mid-eval city. The perfect place to relax. I slept long and deep in those comfortable beds.
Had only breakfast at the hotel with real great croissants and chocolate croissants from the restaurant terrace. I only eat continental so it's perfect. Unfortunately eggs are charged for.
Don't come with a big car. Street is to narrow. We had to leave the car down on a larger car park.
All in all a great experience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Helmut A,
Thank you very much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure having you with us here at Château Le Cagnard and I am delighted that you enjoy your stay, the interior design and the bed. It is also very nice to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and traditional French croissants and chocolate croissants on our amazing sunny terrace. We provide a carefully crafted breakfast menu that is available to add to our continental breakfast.
Château Le Cagnard is located in the heart of the medieval village and the streets are narrow. We therefore offer a free pickup service from the car parks in Haut-de-Cagnes and Cagnes-sur-Mer. I am very pleased that you had a nice stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Frida Ivarsson and the team at Château Le Cagnard.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lovely Inn with high quality renovation. Located on a hill within the confines of an ancient village - very unique property with well appointed rooms/baths. Location is a bit of an issue with VERY narrow, winding streets, which cab drivers cannot find. Staff was quite friendly but a bit unorganized. Restaurant had a wonderful setting and well prepared food, but service staff seemed quite inexperienced - we had a large family dinner and it took forever to be served between courses, they didn't know when to serve wine, etc. We also needed to leave early for an excursion, and they were completely inflexible about an early breakfast or at least a croissant to go. I expected more given the elegant surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Frida I, Owner at Chateau Le Cagnard, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Venturer2009,
Thank you very much for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed all that Château Le Cagnard has to offer including high quality and extensive renovations that has been done throughout the property. Château Le Cagnard is located in a Medieval Village and therefore the streets are narrow so if arriving by car we are pleased to offer a pickup service. Alternatively if you are going with taxi the reception can reserve one for you to ensure that you are being picked up and dropped off at the best places. Thank you also for bringing to our attention that a breakfast to go would be a service you would value. We will look into this. Kind regards Frida Ivarsson and the team at Château Le Cagnard.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was looking for something special and this boutique and staff exceeded every one of my expectations. I was exhausted before landing in France, and my stress was heightened by a serious train strike that made it appear it would make it next to impossible to get to the south of France from Paris by the three trains I had planned to take. Miraculously, the strike ended the day before the vacation part of my trip. The hotel was extremely sympathetic of my dilemma and demonstrated maximal flexibility that helped me figure out my travel plans. They quickly learned my name and all staff used it throughout my short stay. There's always this part of me that doesn't want to rave about the high quality of staff and setting of a favorite place as I figure that will make it harder to book next year. But they deserve every good mark. Be SURE to eat at the restaurant! Excellent. Anyway, the whole experience was superb and it was really really hard to leave.

Room Tip: Having a balcony and view of the sea enhanced my experience.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank northstarvalerie
Frida I, Owner at Chateau Le Cagnard, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear northstarvalerie,
Thank you very much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure having you with us here at Château Le Cagnard. Thank you for pointing out the high standard of service. I am delighted that you enjoyed the room with a balcony. It is also very nice to hear that we managed to turn a stressful situation into a positive experience for you. We look forward to welcome you again very soon. Kind regards Frida Ivarsson and the team at Château Le Cagnard.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here 4 nights early june,booked direct for a great deal,and lived the dream.Wonderful people here,so helpful.Courteous,friendly,smiling and all things good.Laura,what a welcome you gave us.Sophie,you gave us great information,and thanks for the batteries.Chef is magic...Rustic,lazy,classy,in a beautiful old hilltop village.Some great places to eat within a short stroll.Magnificent views,coast and lower Alps to the north.One hours drive to 2000 metres.Secure inexpensive parking nearby.Very hilly,so leisurely strolls throught the narrow winding streets was the order.Well done to Frida and everyone who worked well to make our stay a great one.WE RESTED WELL.Thanks..Alan and Margaret

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Alan l,
Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure having you with us here at Château Le Cagnard and that you pointed out the high level of service. It is also very nice to hear that you enjoyed the village and all it has to offer. Thank you for your visit and I hope to see you again here at Château Le Cagnard. Kind regards Frida Ivarsson and the team at Château Le Cagnard.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The two of us spent a lovely evening in the tastefully decorated hotel. Our suite was sumptuous, and the evening meal and wine delicious with amazing sunset views. Friendly and helpful staff made the stay. We'd thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014
Frida I, Owner at Chateau Le Cagnard, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Jellyburr,
We would like to thank you for the review you left following your stay at our property. Great to hear that you had a nice stay, enjoyed the decoration, the food and the wine. It was a pleasure having you with us and I hope that we will see you again soon. Kind regards Frida Ivarsson and the team at Château Le Cagnard.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cagnes-sur-Mer
Sandton Hotel & Residence Domaine Cocagne
#8 of 15 in Cagnes-sur-Mer
Toile Blanche
Toile Blanche
#1 of 12 in St-Paul-de-Vence

Been to Chateau Le Cagnard? Share your experiences!