“Martha Stewart's better french twin”
Review of La Magaloun

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cagnes-sur-Mer
La Magaloun
Ranked #2 of 11 Cagnes-sur-Mer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I don't know why it has taken this long to write this review, I thought i had done it earlier but here it goes. We were here the second week of May 2013 for a family friend's event in Monaco (40 minute drive from La Magaloun) that lasted 3 days. This is how the trip started. My wife and I had just picked up my sister and her friend from the airport (the airport is about 10 minutes drive or less from La Magaloun), on our way from Arles. We couldn't figure out the directions to the house so we called Pascal and he drove down to us and guided us to the house, then he gave us all a tour of the house and they made us tea. My sister and her friends stayed in Monaco at the Hotel de Paris and Park Palace and i tell you they wish they had stayed at La Magaloun with us not only because it was a whole lot cheaper, but because it was more homely and a better experience and they loved the home.

My wife and I came home at all kinds of odd-hours of night because of all the partying we were doing in Monaco and the long drive back. We didn't get any complaints from Anita or Pascal. On the day of the main party she ironed our clothes even though we begged her that we could iron our own clothes (in fact she ironed all the clothes we wore the whole time we were there, even when we had a change of clothes). Then when we asked about perfume when we were heading to the party she picked out a flower from one of the many plants she had in the garden and put it behind my wife's ear. The whole night everyone was asking what fragrance my wife had on, it smelled so good. Here are a few of the other things they did for us to help us get more comfortable: help us park our car, arrange the time extension for our car rental since we dont speak that much french, even when crepes weren't on the breakfast menu she made them specially for me because i had heard about them from tripadvisor and believe me they are worth it, they made us special meals all the time even anytime during the day before we would leave the house, they gave us a parting gift that is on our mantle at home, clean the room everyday, played jazz for us when we requested at breakfast and so much more all with a smile.

I must not forget to mention that their house is beautiful, its an oasis really. I would advise you bring your car if you want to tour the area, at least i will suggest you do (maybe because I am from Texas where no one really uses public transportation). The bathroom is huge and the room was very homely too. you will find a lot of authentic pieces around the house, did I mention Anita paints also? you will see her paintings around the house, and all the food is homemade. If you are scared of cats and are concerned from the pictures, don't be. I am terrified of cats and they didn't bother me at all.

Anita is basically Martha Stewart and her husband is the great support system that makes it all work, he is also involved in the design and decorating of the house too just ask. They make a good team and i would love to stay again. They REALLY REALLY exceeded ALL our expectations. One of the highlights of our french summer for sure.

Room Tip: Pick he room that overlooks the pool. Great patio and views
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamilerin O

Reviewed 5 September 2013

A gorgeous stone home with a lovely garden and pool only a 7-minute walk from Cagnes sur Mer boardwalk. Our room was beautiful with lots of light, a balcony with lounge chairs, and separate full bathroom with a shower and large soaker tub.

A superb breakfast of fresh fruit, cereal, homemade breads, jams, and yogurt greeted us each day. Coffee or tea to order was always available.

Our hosts Francois and Anita were the most gracious and accommodating people you could hope to find. They were accommodating and generous beyond any measure; always willing to assist with information, directions, and even rides - a pick up from the train station included. They put up with our odd hours (being 6 hours off-skilter) and the coming and going of our daughter who was doing a jewellery design apprenticeship in Hauts de Cagnes on the nearby hill.

Room Tip: Only two rooms available and both are excellent
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tyrrel d
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We had a fantastic 5-day stay at La Magaloun. Francois and Anita are such genuine lovely hosts and were incredibly attentive and welcoming. The breakfast is to delicious, and Anita makes lovely home-made bread. The breakfast is delicious. Nothing is too much trouble. The rooms were perfect and it was such a beautiful place to stay. We will definitely go back again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at La Magaloun, everything had been thought of and the hosts were so kind, even giving us a ride back to airport when they found out how expensive the taxis were! Top tip - get a bus, there's one right outside terminal 1 which we planned to get but there was a long wait till the next one, however Francois told us that if you walk to the road there are two others, and its only 1.50euro.
The bedrooms were well set out and tastefully decorated, and the gardens were beautiful, we sat out there every morning for breakfast. The pool was lovely to take a dip in after a hot day, in our case watching the Tour de France. We didn't have much time to go further than Cagnes itself but it looks very easy to get to Nice, Cannes etc.
Breakfast was fantastic, lovely fresh baguettes and croissants, and bread, yoghurt and jams all made by Anita.
All in all we had a lovely stay, it felt like we were staying with friends and the personal touches made it so much more special, something you would never get in a hotel. We would definitely stay here again if we revisited the area.

Room Tip: Both rooms are lovely, ours (santoline) had an ensuite but a smaller terrace, the other a larger ter...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed here two nights and it was wonderful!! Anita and Francois were very warm and welcoming. The house was just a 5 minute walk from the beach and the rooms were really nice. Breakfast was amazing, to say the least. Between the homemade bread, yogurt, and jams to the fresh fruit and granola. They also served coffee, orange juice, milk, and expresso. It all was delicious. I would highly recommend this place, and we plan on staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here and it is now our favourite B&B! The breakfasts were amazing with homemade breads, jams, yogurts and crepes among other goodies.

The location is easy to travel to via Train from/to nearby cities like Nice, Cannes, Monaco, Eze... etc. Currently until the end of this summer, the train has canceled their late night stops. So we rented a car. It is within walking distance to the beach and many restaurants. Very relaxing vacation.

Merci Anita and Francois!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My mum and I stayed at La Magaloun last August for my mum's birthday. It was absolutely charming. The house is beautiful (as was the decor) and the grounds are delightful. Our room had a large terrasse area and we had a bathroom across the corridor which was my dream bathroom! Breakfasts are taken outside (in August in any event) and were full of delicious local produce and jams made from fruit from the trees in the garden.

Anita & Francois were incredibly hospitable and made us feel very welcome in their home. They were very helpful with directions/local information too.

The location is great especially if you are on foot as it is about a 10 minute walk from the sea front, 5 minutes from the train station, 15 minute bus ride from Nice Airport and about 20 minutes from Vence by bus.

Room Tip: Just to note that the bathroom for our room was across the corridor (the other room was en suite...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family