“Exquisit dining on the beach”

Restaurant La Bourride
Reserve with
Restaurant La Bourride is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 247 Restaurants in Cagnes-sur-Mer
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Ontario
“Exquisit dining on the beach”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Off the main bustle of the boardwalk so one can enjoy being on the terrace without it feeling like Carnival! You are close to a small quiet harbour so the view of the water is obstructed from some vantage points.

Each of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals - one of the best of our trip. The squid starter was the freshest and best tasting squid dish I have tasted. The sea bass in a salt crust shell was my main and was delicious - moist, full of flavour, and expertly presented - not a bone in my serving at all.

Service was 1st class. Attentive without being overbearing, polite and gracious, and excellent recommendations from the knowledgable sommelier.

Reservations are a must for the terrace!

• Visited August 2013

Australia
“Not as good as I expected”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I've heard so much about this restaurant. Finally went there for dinner, but was truly disappointed! Maybe my expectation was too high!

First of all, the service was just luke warm. When I requested that my main course to be reheated, the waiter seemed unimpressed. The fish I ordered was barely warm, must be sitting on the kitchen bench for a while before he served it to me.

Others on the table ordered the specailty of the restaurant, La Bourride. The fish & gambas were swimming in the over creamy soup and were tasteless.

Really, there is nothing so good about this restaurant at that pricing. La Trappe, also in Cagnes sur Mer, serves a much better piece of fish than La Bourride. However, of course, the setting of La Trappe is very different and can't be compared with La Bouride, but the taste is better though.

I refer to the Trip Advisors review often, but the rating of the restaurants does not always reflect what it is really like.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“One of the highlights of our trip!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Our meal sitting out on the terrace at sunset and looking over the harbor at La Bourride was so special. Our waiter, who is the son of the Chef/owner was so attentive and pleasant. The food was outstanding. Truly as good as any five star restaurant anywhere in the world! Beautifully prepared and presented. The chef even came out to meet us at the end of our meal. Don't miss having a meal here if you are in the area.

Visited July 2013
Melbourne
“Simply Exquisite”
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We tried this restaurant without a booking and were fortunate to get in. The ambience is appealing, the staff very attentive and professional and the food simply exquisite. I note from several other reviews that this restaurant is considered expensive. We had the Euro40 set meal which for me consisted of delicious fish soup followed by two fishes and finished off with a wonderful strawberry shortcake with vanilla icecream; my wife had foie gras, followed by a perfectly cooked and flavoursome sliced duck breast with a potato rosti and finished off with a perfectly cooked chocolate fondant with raspberry sorbet which, judging by the noises my wife was making whilst eating it, must have been orgasmic. With a good bottle of wine the whole bill was Euro118 which was only euro20 more than a very mediocre meal just down the plage. We enjoyed it so much we re-booked for next week.

Visited June 2013
San Diego, California
“Wonderful meal, rainy might”
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a truly delicious meal at La Bourride. They specialize in fish but we had lamb and beef that was delicious and perfectly prepared. So good we are going back tomorrow. Impeccable service. very fair prices for such good food and service.

• Visited May 2013