“Great view & location & reasonably priced.”
Review of 72 Bar

72 Bar
Ranked #213 of 826 Restaurants in Cannes
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Great view & location & reasonably priced.”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Great place to people watch - right across from the beach. You can eat or sit and drink Food is good and less expensive than others that are down on the beach. Good service. Menu covers everything from salads to cheese plate to cheeseburger! Had a nice fish dinner - great presentation. Excellent martini!! Out of chocolate dessert but other than that - no complaints! Would return again.

• Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
“Good location.”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I went to 72 croisette during the cannes ad festival. It was very crowded with the people from the festival but they served great wine and appetizers and I remember having a great time. The service and the wine selection was spectacular not to mention the location on the boulevard de la croisette by the mediterranean sea.

• Visited March 2010
1 Thank serendipity1173
Louisville, Kentucky
“I Keep Going Back!"”
Reviewed 13 January 2011

We travel frequently to Cannes for a convention, and 72 Croisette is one restaurant that I dine in several times during our stay. This started because we stayed across the street at Le Martinez, but now that we are staying in other locations, I keep going back, especially for lunch.

The business card reads "Brasserie and Bar a Cocktails," and I've stopped here for it all: morning coffee and pastry, lunch, evening cocktails, and dinner. It's simply a place where you can get a full meal or small plate and not feel rushed or hurried by the waiters. You will have a view of the ocean and an uncluttered spot to watch Cannes float by.

The Salade Niciose is excellent as is the seafood salad that offers a wonderful mix of shrimp and salmon on greens topped with a "Thousand Island"-type sauce. I'm sure they had a better name for it, but you get the idea! For a fuller meal, the steak frites looks good as do their seafood entrees. I have never seen a dish come out of the kitchen that I wouldn't try, but I keep ordering their salads because I have enjoyed them so much!

There are other more formal dining spots in Cannes, but if casual, friendly and relaxing are what you are looking for, I highly recommend 72 Croisette. I'm ever mindful when others may be waiting for a table, but when their patronage allows, I've always felt comfortable taking my time here. That doesn't always happen in other restaurants!

Visited October 2010
1 Thank troggs
Bristol, UK
“Lovely restaurant to have a casual lunch, supper or breakfast!”
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Very good food and friendly service; staff always happy to see you and very attentive. Great pasta dishes and wonderful capuccinos!! Worth a visit.