“Romantic dinner”

Assiette
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Got the tip about this restaurant on trip adviser and it was very nice. We asked for a cosy table outside and that was exactly what we got. We ordered the menu and the food was great! The service was also excellent.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Before some readers call me names, I have three favorite restaurants in Cannes, or had, because one was the Au Riche-Lieu (see latest review), which fell from grace, one other is the "Marais" and the last and best of all is the Assiette; I know the Assiette since I first visited Cannes in 1987 and in my student days I couldn't afford one of the fancy restaurants in the LE Suquet quarter, the old town; later I returned and went there and for at least a decade I am a regualr customer there. And there is a good reason for that - food is great, no doubt, but the atmosphere is unique. We ahve a special table for two, built into the small steep narrow streets of the mountain, which leads to the fortress (Le Suquet); the service is great, because you are taken care of by the owners (both are sooooo lovely) and this year they have a new guy, who talks to the people in the streets to convince them to come inside. If only these people knew what they can expect, they wouldn't hesitate - if you go there and a young charming man talks to you, his name is Pascal, make his life easier and follow his recommendation; go there, stay there, eat there, you will not regret it!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were warned about the restaurants in the typical tourist street in Cannes. But due to the nice atmosphere we decided to have a dinner in a restaurant in this street. They had different menus to different prices, but not very expensive. The staff was very helpfull and quite observant. We decided on two different menus and both of us were satisfied. Very tasteful starters (foie grass and fish soop) and both the sirloin steak and lamb chops were perfectly made. We did not have to wait long for the food, and the staff also responded fast whenever we wanted something, We will visit this restaurant once again the next time we are in Cannes.

1  Thank Johnny S
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Typical French Resturant. We were 4 couples and I found this restaurant through tripadvisor. Thanks for all other reviewers who helped me to find it. The area itself is very nice and great for tourists. Food is very good and reasonable cost. We had a nice walk on the near Cornish after the nice dinner. I recommend this restaurant to anybody who is visiting Cannes.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

A party of four went to Assiette the other day. It was empty when we first passed it 7:30, but most restaurants in Cannes are close to empty at this hour in february. It did attract some guest, both foreign and french after 8. The first course was the best for all of us, and the foie grass was the best I've had. For main course the portions were small, both in meat and side dishes. The sirloin and entrecote were both a bit dry, even though they promised it would be proper red. The recommended wine was a bit expensive, but it was a good choice! The dessert was by far the most lacking. It neither looked nor tasted good, and my chocolate fondant was completely dry. The bill amounted to 178 euro for all of us, which would have been better spent somewhere else!