“A comfortable stay, thanks to you all!”

Excelsuites Hotel - Residence
Ranked #3 of 22 Cannes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Excel Suites. The suite was clean and comfortable and we were lucky to have a large terrace. Breakfast was perfect for us, and the staff were all very helpful. It is a comfortable walking distance to the centre. We hope to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I liked this place very much, staf is very helpful, the place is bright, new, big and breakfast is enough. Walking distance from Cannes train station, old town and beach. Nice neighborhood. We definitely recommend this place to stay in Cannes.

Room Tip: None we Han a great room, don't know others.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This excellently run serviced apartments in Cannes is charming. The management accommodating especially when I realised that it was past the published opening time of the reception. One call to their out of hours number and I was sorted. Door code texted to me, my room number advised and see you in the morning. At least it wasn't a night under the stars on the beach I would of got from less co operative owners. The rooms are well presented, clean and in my case spacious. The optional breakfast in the usual French style continental. The breakfast selection as expected of breads, pastries, jam, cheese, ham, cereal's, etc and at 10 euro not bad value for Cannes. They offer on street parking and can be a little tricky if you are returning late in the day. Don't expect a big selection of eateries, etc locally but it's only a ten - fifteen minute stroll to the centre Cannes close to The Palais. The one thing I must add. Eric the owner went the extra mile to assist with the collection of some equipment. He kept me informed of the status and when the courier refused to collect he helped in securing and eventually we got the shipment collected. Not many owners would have been that helpful. If I am back in Cannes for the same event in 2015 I know where I will be staying. Merci Eric.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Was in Cannes for the advertising festival, so this service apartment was a bit of a walk from the venue. But having said that, the staff is very helpful, breakfast is adequate but not indulgent, and the suites are very well lit, airy, and clean.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ashthe14th
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here during the Cannes Film Festival. We found the rooms very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. We had a two bedroom unit with an extra fold out in the living room. The room could have slept 6 people. It is a charming hotel not far from the beach, shopping, and festival. We usually walked but one person with an injured leg ended up taking the bus that stopped a little more than a block from the hotel. It was quick and easy. Breakfast buffet was extra but we found that it was enough to last until a late lunch. Very friendly service and efficient.

Room Tip: The rooms in back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mujissa
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My co-worker and I stayed at the ExcelSuites for the recent MIDEM conference. It was an ideal stay for us. The value for the cost was exceptional. We had a really nice 1-bedroom room on the 3rd floor (307). We were in a corner unit but I believe most of the units are layed out similarly to our room.

Regardless, we had SO much room. It was really nice to have a 'living area' separate from where the bed was for sleep. We lounged on the couch at night and watched French television (we couldn't understand a word but it was fun anyway). Having a full refrigerator and little stove was fabulous. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay.

The only lesson I learned (and I really should have thought it through) was that if you have to leave super early in the morning (we left at 4:30am) you need to let Eric know the day before so he can get you checked out. Because this is a family owned facility Eric lives on the premises and the front desk is closed that early in the morning. He did point out where his phone number was for emergencies but since I had pre-paid for my room I knew I only had incidental charges left and I didn't want to wake him up that early (it just felt rude!). We've since taken care of it and he's all paid up - but I did feel bad for the mix-up. So my advice....if you're leaving before 6am let Eric know the day before so he can either check you out that evening or he can meet you in the morning to check you out before you leave.

Overall.....FABULOUS hotel. 20 minute walk from the Palais (downhill on the way there, uphill on the way back). Nice BIG room, full refrigerator, nice bathroom, nice bedroom, plenty of outlets (my biggest complaint in hotels). If I find that I've come away with enough new business to justify going back to MIDEM next year I would stay there again in a heartbeat. As nice as the hotel was it was definitely worth the 15-20 minute walk down to the Palais des Festivals. (There are also some great bakeries along the way!) I'm a pretty easy to please person and I look at hotel rooms as just a place to sleep while I do other things - but at ExcelSuites if you wanted to hang out in your room for a while you could so very comfortably. Just having the living area with couch, chairs and 4-person table made you feel like you were staying in an apartment instead of a hotel. Just a fabulous place to stay. I loved it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank JRPaulson728
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed at Excel Suites for a month prior to moving into an apartment in the centre of Cannes. I had a comfortable stay in a room with a little balcony, open kitchen and dining area and 2 bedrooms. I was not staying during the high peak season, so I felt the price I was paying was fair for the time period.

The establishment is not in the centre of Cannes (25 minutes by foot / 5 minutes by car). However, there is dedicated underground parking which is a rarity to have in this town. A pleasant roof terrace can be found on the 5th floor which is a great place to take a bit of sun.

I believe Excel Suites is a private business (but don't quote me) and I can assure you the staff are all polite and helpful. They have a serving attitude that is wonderful and not commonplace on the Cote d'Azur (as some of you veterans probably know already). I would certainly return if ever I had the need to.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business