“Best option with lunch menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Affable

L'Affable
Ranked #12 of 799 Restaurants in Cannes
Price range: US$10 - US$46
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Bistrot chic
rio de janeiro
“Best option with lunch menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Your will not find a better option in Cannes, close to Croisette, at lunch time. Extremely honest meals. Great wines (what a Mercurey 1er Cru!). A fantastic St Marcellin cheese as well as Soufflé au Grand Marnier.

Visited February 2012

• Turkish first
Copenhagen
“Not so exciting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We live in Cannes a good part of the year. After reading all the good reviews of this restaurant, we looked very much forward to our visit today. But unfortunately it was a mixed bag that was presented for us.

You can only say good for the locality - very nice room, with excelent acoustics - extremely good for conversation. But what was presented on the dishes was very average. Not bad, not exciting - but average restaurant food, as can be obtained from less posh diners at half the price. Their famous "Grand Marnier souffle" was good, but not great - but admittedly a showpiece.

The wines were okay, but again overpriced compared. And the service - well - they didn't even ask if we wanted coffee, so..........nah!

We wasn't treated bad, the food was okay, but at 127 euro (house wine and without coffee) you'd expect more.....honestly. No, we will not go a second time, sorry folks!

• Visited November 2011
Victoria, Canada
“An absolute perfect gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I judged this restaurant by the Tripadvisor Rating... which was 3... so my expectations were admittedly high. This restaurant met and exceeded our every expectation. I'm a Canadian serviceman, during my mid-mission leave I brought my wife to France and wanted to treat her to the very best that France had to offer (to try to repay all of my time spent away haha) This restaurant really blew us away. Perfect ambiance... friendly helpful waiters/waitresses... a beautiful romantic setting. The food was absolutely beautiful. Price... below expected. Highly recommended to anybody.

• Visited November 2011
London, United Kingdom
“A great discovery.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Superb meal during the G20 conference when many restaurants decided to shut up shop. A warm welcome, inventive 40 euro menu, good service and well priced house wines. Not pretentious but still a cut above the rest.

London, United Kingdom
“Rude, disappointing.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

First of all, I should mention that I haven't had a meal here.
I tried to get into the restaurant as the door was opened and the inner was visible from outside through the glass door.
My girlfriend asked the staff if there is any table available for two and this is what happened.
Lady Staff (sitting on chair) : You booked?
my girlfriend : No, we haven't made a reservation.
Lady Staff (still sitting on chair) : then kitchen's closed.
Me : So it's not possible to have a meal without a reservation then?
Lady Staff (still on chair spinning pen) : No.

Then we walked out from the restaurant thinking she's rude..
Once we're out the lady stood up and came to shut the door.

I am actually glad that we didn't have a meal at this restaurant since we went somewhere else nearby and had a fantastic meal. We spent around 200euro at another restaurant but it was good because service and food were excellent. No matter how much the food cost, it just cannot be good if good service doesn't follows with it.
Disappointed.