“Great food and atmosphere, but was close to having an allergy crisis”
Review of Le Cosi

Le Cosi
Ranked #153 of 821 Restaurants in Cannes
Price range: US$27 - US$90
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Eastern Norway, Norway
“Great food and atmosphere, but was close to having an allergy crisis”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were four friends who stopped here for dinner after walking through Le Suquet. The staff was very welcoming and the food looked great. We had a nice table outside.

I have celiac disease which means I can't have gluten, and I carry a card that I give to waiters, telling that I get sick if I eat anything containing gluten. The waiters seemed to have full control regarding my diet, and stopped by to warn me against eating the bread. We all ordered a three course dinner, they also had a vegetarian set menu which was nice.

We had scampi for starters, very tasty and fresh, and I had italian poultry with risotto as a main dish, also very very nice. I had discussed the dessert with the waiter when we ordered, as he insisted that their chocolate cake was gluten free. I have had to deal with this diet for many years and know that normally chocolate cake contains gluten, but the restaurant staff will normally know the contents of a dish and he was very insisting. When the dessert came, I again started asking questions because it looked very much like it would contain gluten, and we talked about this again. Two waiters said it was gluten free, but after a while they went to ask the chef. Luckily, because the cake was not gluten free. I instead got a delicious fruit salad with ice cream. The other dishes were also safe, as I did not get ill.

I would have given this restaurant a full five star rating if it wasn't for the gluten mishap. Luckily I didn't eat the cake, but not everyone is as experienced with the diet that they know when to ask further questions. The staff at the restaurant should have consulted the chef at an earlier time, and I only have myself to thank for not getting sick this evening.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank saltogpepper

Sydney, Australia
“Expensive but fabulous atmosphere”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We arrived early on a cold evening in April and were given the prime table with a good view over the stylish restaurant interior and a good view and feel for the buzz of Le Suquet.

The scene was set for a memorable dinner and the food did not disappointment although it was not exceptionally good however the service was exceptionally good. We had a very enjoyable evening which was slightly marred by the expense. We know it is Cannes but 8 euros for bottled water and no wine under 50 euros a bottle is a bit 'over the top' in our opinion.

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Not As Good As It Looks”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

La Cosi is easily the nicest looking restaurant in Le Suquet, it's tables dressed with white cloths and chairs with cushions. The decor is lovely. There is outside dining but the tables are so close together, you would be eating with your neighbours. My starter of vegetable tart was soggy and oily, most unpleasant and inedible. The lobster accompaniment was tough. The waiter was upset that I didn't enjoy it and cared enough to immediately show it to the chef who whipped up another within five minutes and which was much better. His excuse was that there was so much oil in the vegetable mix, it seeped into the pastry...I began to silently question his experience as a chef and whether he knew how oily food would react with pastry!

My pan fried John Dory was over cooked with a soggy skin and sitting on OK mashed potatoes. My husband's lamb was quite good. The service was impeccible and all the staff were efficient.

This was our second time at La Cosi, and I am unsure as to whether there will be a third next year.

• Visited June 2013
Wilmslow
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Our hotel had recommended a number of restaurants in Le Suquet. Food and service was great, just a shame we couldn't sit outside but just as busy inside with a real buzz.

• Visited June 2013
Moscow, Russia
“good restaurant”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We chose this restaurant just walking around Cannes. There was 4 od us. All the food was delicious, particularly fish dishes. Service was a bit strange: they started to serve us with one server, then another, and after a long pause (when no one came to us during a long time) third one. The desserts were absolutely spotless.

• Visited September 2012