“Excellent”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The service from the minute we arrived was excellent. The staff were really friendly and funny, the food was gorgeous, would reccommend their set meal. Had a lovely evening sat outside.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I can only join other reviewers' rave about this place. It must currently be one of the really good places on the narrow road full of restaurants in this part of Cannes. The waiters were charming, quick and efficient. The food was excellent in total, only my lamb main course could have been a bit more on the crusty and spicy side. We were joined by a French friend who is a very discerning gourmet and he was also very pleased which speaks for itself. Try to sit outside, people watching, the lights and the noises belong to this experience. Prices were ok, you are in Cannes after all so don't expect bargains.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were four friends who stopped here for dinner after walking through Le Suquet. The staff was very welcoming and the food looked great. We had a nice table outside.

I have celiac disease which means I can't have gluten, and I carry a card that I give to waiters, telling that I get sick if I eat anything containing gluten. The waiters seemed to have full control regarding my diet, and stopped by to warn me against eating the bread. We all ordered a three course dinner, they also had a vegetarian set menu which was nice.

We had scampi for starters, very tasty and fresh, and I had italian poultry with risotto as a main dish, also very very nice. I had discussed the dessert with the waiter when we ordered, as he insisted that their chocolate cake was gluten free. I have had to deal with this diet for many years and know that normally chocolate cake contains gluten, but the restaurant staff will normally know the contents of a dish and he was very insisting. When the dessert came, I again started asking questions because it looked very much like it would contain gluten, and we talked about this again. Two waiters said it was gluten free, but after a while they went to ask the chef. Luckily, because the cake was not gluten free. I instead got a delicious fruit salad with ice cream. The other dishes were also safe, as I did not get ill.

I would have given this restaurant a full five star rating if it wasn't for the gluten mishap. Luckily I didn't eat the cake, but not everyone is as experienced with the diet that they know when to ask further questions. The staff at the restaurant should have consulted the chef at an earlier time, and I only have myself to thank for not getting sick this evening.

1  Thank saltogpepper
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We arrived early on a cold evening in April and were given the prime table with a good view over the stylish restaurant interior and a good view and feel for the buzz of Le Suquet.

The scene was set for a memorable dinner and the food did not disappointment although it was not exceptionally good however the service was exceptionally good. We had a very enjoyable evening which was slightly marred by the expense. We know it is Cannes but 8 euros for bottled water and no wine under 50 euros a bottle is a bit 'over the top' in our opinion.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

La Cosi is easily the nicest looking restaurant in Le Suquet, it's tables dressed with white cloths and chairs with cushions. The decor is lovely. There is outside dining but the tables are so close together, you would be eating with your neighbours. My starter of vegetable tart was soggy and oily, most unpleasant and inedible. The lobster accompaniment was tough. The waiter was upset that I didn't enjoy it and cared enough to immediately show it to the chef who whipped up another within five minutes and which was much better. His excuse was that there was so much oil in the vegetable mix, it seeped into the pastry...I began to silently question his experience as a chef and whether he knew how oily food would react with pastry!

My pan fried John Dory was over cooked with a soggy skin and sitting on OK mashed potatoes. My husband's lamb was quite good. The service was impeccible and all the staff were efficient.

This was our second time at La Cosi, and I am unsure as to whether there will be a third next year.