“An entertaining evening.”

Le Salon des Independants
Ranked #6 of 841 Restaurants in Cannes
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Traditional restaurant with single menu all included! And yes! Wine also (half a bottle of wine per person) A home made terrine appetizer with a seasonal salad and sausages followed by an appetizer and shot of vodka! and main course to choose between a fish and 4 or 5 meat and finally dessert choices. without forgetting a musical performance every night!
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This restaurant is tucked away in the old town and while within walking distance of our hotel we opted for a taxi which was somewhat expensive because it had to take a roundabout route due to the one way systems. At the restaurant we were greeted with great friendliness and a very humourous manager/ cook/entertainer.The meal is 45 Euro which covers Antipasta starter, a Ravioli dish, main course, dessert and half a bottle of wine per person. Main Course choices were varied and more than we expected for a set menu. We were advise to book this restaurant because of the entertainment value. It did not disappoint.

1  Thank late_starters40
There are newer reviews for Le Salon des Independants

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had a wonderful five course dinner at Le Salon des Independants in Cannes. The entertainment was lively and very good. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family who may be planning a trip to Cannes.

1  Thank CaliSally2013
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I can only reiterate what other reviewers have written - the night was charming and fantastic in every way. The service was impeccable, the food delicious and the entertainment was brilliant. As other reviewers have described we had a glass of champagne on arrival, shortly followed by the house's own terrine, salad with mustard dressing, salami and gherkins. Then we had the beautiful ricotta and truffle ravioli dish - it has to be said, although all the food on the night was beautiful, this was definitely the show-stealer - DELICIOUS! I'm still thinking about it 4 days on! We both had the cote de boeuf as a main and then the chocolate fondant and profiteroles to end. As a pudding-lover, I wish I had now gone for the house-special of panna cotta with caramel, as the profiteroles were a little hard and cold inside - but truthfully, I couldn't really complain about anything on the night. The music started at around 9.30pm and was wonderful, I found myself laughing throughout it, as it was so joyful! The monkey noises topped off the musical extravaganza.

In short I think this restaurant took away all the unnecessary and often unwanted pauses in a night when going to a restaurant and allowed us to enjoy each other's company without having to meticulously study a menu.

I can see why it has been named best restaurant in Cannes - it was like eating at a good friend's house (a good friend who is also a very good cook!) in terms of ambience and service. And I for one cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Other tripadvisors have detailed what the evening holds - I can only endorse that it is very well done and that the entire experience was terrific.
Service is willing and lively - we asked for a pause before the main course and got it.
We dined out every day of our stay in Cannes and this was easily the best - and the most fun.
Some diners suggest its hard to find - we just walked up the old restaurant hill to the top, turned left and left again. Easy
Booking again now for next visit!!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We all thoguoht the restaurant was good value for what we paid, copious amounts of wine (sandra) and great ambience made for an excellent night.........and it was a group of guys!
Definitely one to visit if you are in Cannes.