“Great food, great service, great entertainment...at a reasonable price....what more could you ask for?”

Le Salon Des Independants
Ranked #10 of 935 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: Deli, French, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Traditional restaurant with single menu all included! And yes! Wine also (half a bottle of wine per person) A home made terrine appetizer with a seasonal salad and sausages followed by an appetizer and shot of vodka! and main course to choose between a fish and 4 or 5 meat and finally dessert choices. without forgetting a musical performance every night!
Reviewed 24 September 2014

Visited this restaurant with my husband 3 nights ago after reading trip advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. We arrived hungry and were quickly given a glass of champagne along with an unexpected pre starter of pickles, olives, bread, country pate and a large salad. This was all part of the fixed price menu, which also included a second course of ravioli with a shot of vodka, and then a main course and dessert of your choosing ...with a house merlot wine. All of this for 49 euros each...tax and service included! What an incredible value as the food was superb. I had the fish soup (bouillabaisse) as my main, my husband had the lamb and they were both fresh and perfectly prepared. The pistachio creme brûlée was yummy:) the service was attentive and fun.....with Mario taking a guitar off the wall and singing along with his friend after the meal.
What a fabulous gem.....and it is in the picturesque, old part of town so the walk to and from our hotel was very enjoyable. Do not miss this one!!

Date of visit: September 2014
2  Thank Lindainwestboro
Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed 14 September 2014 via mobile

We ate here while in Cannes because of its high ranking on trip advisor. While some of the food was nice I didn't think it was good enough quality to be ranked so high and certainly we had eaten better meals in Cannes. We also were not keen on the entertainment which was Latin orientated and seemed out of place in a French resteraunt- however this is probably personal preference.

3  Thank StevePugcini
Reviewed 9 September 2014 via mobile

After reading the many positive reviews about this number one spot to eat in Cannes I thought what a great place it would be to celebrate my sisters birthday.
I booked a table and requested a cake as long as they could provide one.
They agreed and all was sorted.
I did not know that there were no choices for starters and you had to eat what was given, the first dish was rabbit with chicken liver with a layer or animal jelly on top. This was a dish that was already served to previous customers. Then a plate with 4 pieces of salami was served along we a huge bowl of salad with chicken piled on top of it.
As I'm a vegetarian I asked for other options and the owner said there weren't any.
Everything seemed to be just meat!!!
I spoke to the waiter and politely asked if we could just order the main meal and pay for that and he refused and said that's the way they process and it can't be changed. We weren't willing to pay 49€ for food half of the group weren't going to eat.
It's a nicely decorated venue and they were really nice until we didn't want to eat half the food they served. The table was nicely laid out ready for us when we arrived and the seats were comfy.
The owner did seem to be boasting when he threw into a sentence 'that's why we're number one and most reasonably priced restaurant in Cannes and you won't find that anywhere else in Cannes' I disagree as none of us spent more than 35€ on any meal in Cannes and we went to some really nice places.
I wouldn't return and probably would warn everyone to read all positive and negative comments.
It's a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it!!!

5  Thank Jenice88
Reviewed 9 September 2014

One of the best dinners we have had in a long long time! Mario, the host was wonderful - witty, funny and a good laugh (Ta Tarte Tartin!!) The music was he played was great, it really added to the atmosphere of the night. We were sat outside and enjoyed a unique dinner - a glass of champagne with the starter, wine with the main course (which were amazing, we had ribs and chicken) followed by an amazing dessert with a shot! We ended up staying at the restaurant for about 3 hours and really had a great night.
Definitely recommend this place for all, groups of friends, couples, you will surely have a special night!

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is without doubt one of the best restaurants in the world. Food is plentiful and all very well prepared with fresh ingredients. The first courses are selected by the chef - the pate is amazing and so is the truffle ravioli. You select the main course from a wide variety of meats, foul and fish. The fish soup is an excellent choice and house specialty, but the meats are so well prepared they melt. Service is fun and not stuffy and the waiters will take a pause to play instruments and sing many songs during the evening. We absolutely love this restaurant and its owners - it is why we come to Cannes.

Date of visit: August 2014