“Nice and buzzy place on the harbour front”

L'Assiette Provencale
Ranked #21 of 868 Restaurants in Cannes
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Provencale Cuisine
Reviewed 31 October 2013

For our first nights meal, we had been recommended L'assiette. We then looked on Trip Advisor and were a little concerned as there were some terrrble reviews (not many but enough to be a little worried). In any event, we had a great meal, very good service and a good atmosphere. Only real critisim was that the time between the courses was far too short, hardly had time to enjoy the ambiance and wine!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

This place is set on a street with many other fish restaurants. They all look the same from the outside but no doubt some are tourist traps and then you will have maybe 2 good ones. Our hotel told us about this restaurant and recommended. Having tried other places the hotel had advised on previous evenings we chose to go with the recommendation again. We were sat down quickly although inside as no tables outside. However inside was not hot so this was ok. They offer 2 set menus and then a full a la carte menu. My partner went for the cheaper of the 2 set menus and I went for the slightly more pricey 1 (€24 / €29) for 3 courses. The service was good and the manager was happy to explain the menu in detail where I requested. He also advised the wine to have which was a great choice. For what we were paying (Cannes prices) the food was exceptional. Everything was fresh, well presented and very tasty. Bill at the end was very reasonable for what we had. Plenty of tourist trap restaurants in this area but in my opinion this was not one of them and we will return on our next Cannes visit.

1  Thank L11per
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Located in the port it has nice views. Of the ones around is the best regarding price and quality.
The 29€ menu includes some good dishes like the zucchini, the oysters or the duck
The staff is friendly and professional. They even have the detail of inviting you to a drink if you need to wait for your table (reservation recommended)

I would recommend it

Reviewed 4 August 2013

All I can say is that I am very underwhelmed and I was expecting a lot better based on the tripadvisor reviews. This place is a tourist trap.

The food was unimaginative. The dishes we had are just somewhat expensive ingredients smacked on a plate. Even worse, the oysters we had weren't fresh, the "gambas" (actually just shrimp) were undercooked (raw) and the "wokked" vegetables were just a simple ratatouille. We were sick the day after.

Moreover the waiters were rather arrogant, apart from who we believe is the hostess. Five to six people were running and screaming around the restaurant, but it didn't result in a swift service. It seemed the waiters were too occupied with each other to care for their clients.

I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone. For this price you can eat a lot better elsewhere.

3  Thank Vleesbroodje
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I am still in shock because of what I saw. First appearances were good, nice place, next to the port, friendly staff, and good food until I saw some stuff that really disgusted me. I was seated next to an area where they prep entrees and desserts. One of the waiters sneezed to his hand and imediatly grabbed some bread with the befouled hand and then served it to someone. Later I saw another waitress tasting ice cream and using the same spoon to put the ice cream into a plate! Along this, she used her hands to touch every single component of the desserts and then touch money, etc. and didnt washed them at all. I was completely shocked with this lack of hygiene. I really hope the kitchen is cleaner, because if they do this kind of things in front of the clients, I can only imagine what is going on the background...

1  Thank maria r