“Terroirbly terrific (sorry!)”

Le Bistrot Gourmand
Ranked #40 of 844 Restaurants in Cannes
Price range: US$32 - US$48
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 2007 Guillaume ARRAGON and his team propose you an home made cooking of Mediterranean recipes.Every morning fresh products are selected on the stalls of the producers and commercçants of the "Marché Forville".We work products according to the seasons and avoid those of import so guaranteeing an optimal quality.
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This classic bistro serving authentic local cuisine is nestled in the street that runs from the Croisette past the wonderful covered market from where it buys its ingredients daily and adjusts its menus to include the produce of the season.

You can dine inside or on the pavement outside, our preference on a sunny day. The welcome and service are excellent and the menus should suit all comers who want a quick business lunch through a higher level cuisine bourgeois offering. The choices on the €20 are exceptional. We sated with a kir and a free offering of superior tapenard then enjoyed quite wonderful Beignet of courgette flows stuffed with ricotta and a delicious and well present tartare of mackerel. This was followed by a flavoursome marmite de poisson for my wife and a perfectly cooked entrecôte with pomme allumette. For dessert we both had a peach salade topped with a subtle granita of vervain. It was all washed down by a balanced and inexpensive local rose from the very reasonable and varied list. Shop in the market for the best and freshest local foods and the enjoy lunch at the bistro.

1  Thank Woollybear

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Food and service here is excellent, top notch French. This was our 3rd time here and this time we were with 4 friends, so we took a outside table under the awning for 6. Placed our orders, poured the first glass of wine and as the entree arrived, the skies opened. It poured. 'Faster than a speeding bullet' (yes, I know) the staff was moving us (and others) inside where they started us over with fresh beignets and really delicious plats. . . . These folks are pro's in the kitchen as well as in the dining room - they really care about the quality of their food, as well as the pleasure of their guests. At 20 Euros, the menu is incredible! Everyone seemed to be enjoying the food and the atmosphere. Do not miss Le Bistrot Gourmand when in Cannes - and go a bit early to first enjoy the scene at Marche Forville (just around the corner) if you are a visitor to the area.

2  Thank Owner-KonaKai-Resort
Reviewed 20 September 2013

One word-great! We are not that easily wooed in restaurants partly due to my partner being a chef but this was a great meal & have booked again for my parents tonight. We had the foie gras & ravioli followed by steak tartar & fillet steak then to finish the cheese & fondant. Enjoy....

1  Thank Rachael G
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was looking for a really nice restaurant as we were staying in Cannes and it was my wifes birthday. I came across this restaurant in the hotel recommendations where we were staying. I went to check it out and it looked classy and the menu comprehensive so made a booking with thefriendly staff. It was a great night my wife said one of the best meals of our holiday, everything straight from the kitchen and I even tried steak tartare for the first time and really enjoyed it. A sparkler was added to my wifes strawberry desert to top off a great night.

2  Thank Brenton K
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

What a delicious meal! The amuse bouches were better than some of the appetizers.

I loved everything I ordered- foie gras, grand marnier soufflé, bouillabaisse and octopus salad. The only "mediocre" item we had was the steak. What a pity since the presentation was so beautiful.

You won't regret your meal here! And the prices compared to other Michelin one star restaurants in Nice.

1  Thank JennelopeD