“Very nice Italian - a real surprise”
Review of Il Viaggio

Il Viaggio
Ranked #116 of 808 Restaurants in Cannes
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin
“Very nice Italian - a real surprise”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We had no great expectations when we arrived at Il Viaggo. It just seemed like a nice place to have a drink. And seeing that it was getting close to lunchtime, we decided to stay for lunch and were very glad that we did. The penne all'arrabbiata was very good indeed as was the risotto and salads eaten by the other members of the party. Everyone else seated around us seemed to be enjoying themselves as well, It's a little off the beaten track in Cannes terms (but very close to the Rue d'Antibes) and well worth a visit if you're looking for a place that will serve good straightforward food at a good price.

• Visited September 2013

Toronto
“Perfect weather and excellent food”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We were a party of 7 and walked just 5 min from our amazing apartment rental at 150 rue d'antibes and we were checking out restaurant menus and prices and decided to try this place.

Well we were really happy with our decision We had excellent authentic Italian food (chef is Sicilian) and it was the best food we have ever while on vacation

Must have place to eat in Cannes!

Surrey
“Great find”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

As others have mentioned, it would be easy to miss this place. We came across it on the walk back to our hotel one lunchtime. We had a table outside in the sun and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The food is classic Italian - simple, fresh with very tasty. They have a few nice touches, like chunks of parmesan cheese for you to nibble on while waiting for the main food to arrive. The bread comes fresh and warm in a brown bag.
Good food, service and location.

• Visited June 2013
“Gorgeous food in comfortable surroundings, try the octopus!”
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Lovely restaurant which suits any mood. We sat downstairs which had a traditional restaurant feel and hands on service. The mozeralla starter was delicious to share, really fresh. I had total food envy of my friend who ordered the octopus, it was delicious. The scallop risotto was good too. Just wish the weather had been better to sit in the large terrace outside, as it was away from the hustle and bustle of Cannes.

Bargemon, France
“Originality oh yes !”
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

I stumbled across this restaurant quite by chance...it was the lights outside at midday that caught my eye.

I walked in and laid my eyes on a huge bowl filled with what looked like butter....anyway I was shown to my table up on the first floor, which was nice as I could see all that was going on downstairs...decor was to my liking, fresh clean....Italian !

A few moments later a piece of paper arrived on the table with chunks of what looked like butter...it was in fact the most delicious Parmesan cheese I have ever tasted...instead of the usual Olives or peanuts......chunks of Parmesan...I thought...oh....nice one here.

Service was excellent...not too pushy....I skipped the starter....munching on the cheese ....... and had a delicious and beautifully presented Milanese.......a brown paper bag was placed on the table.....???? The bread...warm and freshly baked.....instead of the usual baguette in a bread basket......tiramisu was ok......like all other Tiramisus's really, but the staff were efficient, friendly and I will be back for another visit......

Well worth a visit.....