All reviewsrooftop poolamerican buffetmarilyn monroetrain stationvending machinegreat hoteltwin roombreakfast buffet isroom rateevery morningla croisetteminute walkwould stay here againenjoyed our staysea frontwalking distanceper day
Reviewed 4 September 2017

The hotel had everything we needed. It was in a great location and the roof top pool was great. The rooms were clean and a good size. Most of the staff were lovely and very helpful. The only reason I would not give this hotel 5* is because of one receptionist, named Florence. She was most unhelpful and rude at times when we asked for the simplest of things, for example, a glass of ice from the bar or towels for the pool, making us feel like we were not worthy to be staying at the hotel. I know we were not the only guests to think this. Other than that great hotel and I would recommend.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

A decent hotel but letting itself down on several fronts. My main issue was there was no wi-fi for four days and when I asked if there was some alternative arrangement to access my e-mails I was told to go to the train station and use their wi-fi. They seemed to miss the point that this is a service that guests pay for.

The rooms are small but quiet and beds are very comfortable. Bathroom nice but the water pressure was not great and no bathrobes. No fridge in room and only provided with two bottles of water and four pods of coffee for a six night stay. To then put up signs saying guests could not bring their own food and drink into the room is just insulting. The failure to replenish coffee and water would mean that you only get proper value for money if staying for one night.

The pool is tiny and busy. It isn't worth booking just for this facility. It did have good views from the rooftop and it was pleasant to catch the evening sun.

Again, breakfast choice was limited and the scrambled eggs were inedible. Nice to eat outside on the terrace but this did also double as a smoking area.

Location is next to the train station but this, and the centre of Cannes, needs to be accessed by walking through a subway which, although busy and well-lit, wasn't pleasant. However, it is very close to the centre of Cannes and the beaches.

Cannes is great and I will go back next year but not to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NaomiAC
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Stayed here for a week in August. A nice hotel with a great location - is on opposite side of railway station, across from main town of Cannes. Room size and most facilities are very good, modern and clean. Great bed! Double glazed windows so you don't hear the traffic and trains. Great to have a rooftop pool for the end of a long day on the beaches.
However - Seems more like a very good 3 star hotel than 4 star. No fridge in room, and signs/notes up warning not to bring outside food and drink into hotel. They only supplied a small still and sparkling water for the entire week! So had to bring in own drinking water anyway. They do not supply new/fresh water or top up the coffee pods each day, or at all. There is an expresso machine, but you only get 4 pods on arrival. We did ask for more, and were given 2, but only when cleaners were around. On 2 occasions cleaning staff entered room without knocking.
There was no wifi - it was working on first day, but then stopped working for rest of week.
Hotel staff friendly. You can get beach towels from reception.
Cannes is expensive, but did expect a bit more for the price of the Best Western Cannes Riveria Hotel (a good 3 star!)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We found stayed here 9 days and found it an excellent base for exploring Cannes and the region. You are close to the cheap railway that connects you to everywhere along the Cote d'Azur, and 10 mins walk from the Croisette and beach, similar from Le Suquet, Cannes lovely old town. The rooms look recently modernised, very clean, comfortable bed, our room was was a bit small. Noise proofing is good, just as well as you are disconcertingly close to both railway and an elevated road. It wasn't a problem for us. Staff were very efficient and friendly, the rooftop pool lovely though the sun beds were often full. The breakfasts were excellent. Only thing we'd change: the automatic light in the bathroom which floods the room as you go in, probably waking your partner! Overall, very good.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 August 2017

If you are going for a trip to Cannes, it's not going to be cheap.
If you wanted cheap you would have flown to Marrakesh.
I think this hotel is at the "sweet spot" in terms of what you are going to get for your money.
It's a premium economy seat on a plane. It's not as good as can be, but then it's far better than a bog standard or dated hotel, like so many are in France.
The rooms have all been renovated fairly recently, so they are very clean.
The air con is wonderful. I'm not sure I would have survived without it.
The staff are attentive and helpful and spoke English really well, and were happy to let me "have a go" in terrible broken french.
It is behind a busy road, which is a shame, but it is also only 5 mins to very central Cannes under an underpass which is well lit, regularly used and safe.

The TV's in the rooms are good quality and have plenty of channels in French and English. The rooftop pool is a nice place the relax for a while, but it is small and busy.

The lifts are hilariously small, but it's a fairly compact hotel. I had fun getting two people and an inflated lilo into one of them.

It's difficult for me to pick fault really. I would stay here again if I revisited Cannes.
I'm being really picky, but ways to improve should always be welcomed .....
- The rules say you cannot eat and drink your own food in the hotel. Change the rules. (I did anyway)
- A fridge in the room would be nice
- The parking is too expensive at 21EUR per night and was therefore empty.
- The vending machine had almost zero choice.
- The pool closes at 9pm, leave it open later, it's light until 10pm in the summer.

Overall very happy with my choice.
Bonus Cannes parking tip. If you are taking a car you can park on the Croissette (main boulevard on the sea front) if you are about 1km out of the town center on both sides. In the center it's parking meter. If you are a reasonably fit person, it is no problem to park 1km away and walk.