“Good location, small but clean and cheap hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Colette

Hotel Colette
Ranked #32 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
London, United Kingdom
“Good location, small but clean and cheap hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed here while visiting for ILTM in December. OK it's not luxury but it's good value and there are L'Occitane products in the bathroom. Linen etc. was very crisp and clean. Good sized bed. Free Wi-Fi (not like the luxury hotels in Cannes!). The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was a small buffet with tea and coffee, a few hot options. I was in room 106. Small desk, could have done with a chair that was a bit higher and a desk a bit deeper to fit my laptop better but overall very good. Enough room for clothes/luggage. Aircon if needed. Can also open window. Bathroom was small but big enough for a few days. OK bit rough round the edges granted but I liked it. I'd definitely stay there again next year.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank travjourno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
Kanazawa, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I'm just home from a 5 day stay in Cannes at Hotel Colette. As it was chosen by my colleague, I knew little about it before arriving other than she characterized it as "a boutique hotel". A fitting description, as from the lobby to each of the rooms, there was interesting and appealing artwork and too many little guest-oriented touches to count. We each had a single room with a double bed (possibly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in anywhere), and while not large, perfectly appointed and laid out. The en suite baths had everything one might need, including excellent lighting around the mirror and sufficient storage for toiletries and make up. One of the best aspects was the breakfast, a buffet-stye spread in a bright, comfortable dining room. Although 12 euros at first seemed high, we quickly realized by eating a bit later, we could fill up and often go most of the day with little more than a late afternoon snack, allowing us to be perfectly ravenous each night for one amazing dinner after another in nearby restaurants. (You can walk just about anywhere from here.) Finally, the staff was wonderful. There is someone at he desk 24-7, most if not of whom speak French, English, as well as German, Spanish and Italian. Not a single complaint and highly recommended.

Room Tip: I saw 3 and all were lovely. It's a fairly quiet area, but then I always travel with earplugs...
1 Thank Lauren S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

located across central trainstation and only 3 blocks from Croisette and Palais des Festivals, next door to Galeries Lafayette.
I was in room 346 very bright, comforatable with great bedding.
Florian and Sandrine at front desk very helpful and efficient.
Only negatif point was that you could hear the neighbours opening their roomdoor

Room Tip: 346 large room with 3 windows
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I was in Cannes early last June and had a bit of a glitch on my with my travel plans and the hotel I was supposed to be staying in on my last night. Lucky for me I came across this little gem of a hotel right across from the train station. Normally I would not consider staying in a hotel near the train station as it is not the best area but I loved this little place. I was really upset and stressed out when I walked in to Hotel Colette and the sweetest hotel clerk took care of me. She was very kinda, spoke English, got me checked in to a little room I could afford and even checked on me the next day.
I had a very tiny room but I was so happy to be in a cute, clean and cozy room for a price I could afford. There is a very cool lounge area and breakfast room as well. It really was lovely and Cannes is such a small town that you can explore by foot easily so it didn't matter to me that I was a few blocks from the beach.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Hotel Colette is a pleasant hotel but with some little issues to improve..
We stayed here for 7 nights and while our stay e never had wi-fi dispite they advertise it as a free service to the guests. Our room was the 350 and had a very bad smell. Moreover on the first nights they didn't replaced the shampoo and gel shower, I had to request it on the reception.
Despite it, it's a pleasant hotel with good deco, well located in the center of Cannes and transportations at the door.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

Stayed in a standard room on the first floor - small but clean and well appointed, free wifi was great. Breakfast room and common areas nice although older style - would recommend and stay again anytime.

• Stayed July 2011
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

This little hotel surprised me: it's right in front of the train station, so you don't have to walk carrying your luggage through the streets. The staff is the most friendly I've ever seen, lovely people always trying to help. The room was small but very clean and cozy, with a nice bathroom. Price was unbeatable too. Would certainly stay there again!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple