“Lovely Hotel- great location!”
Review of JW Marriott Cannes

JW Marriott Cannes
Ranked #15 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at the JW for 9 nights for our honeymoon. We had a lovely room with sea views which was well furnished and clean. On arrival. there was a bottle of champagne in our room which was a really lovely gesture!
The staff on reception are excellent and could not do enough to help you.
The hotel is beautiful and has a great location on the croisette so is near to everything.
We ate in the panorama restaurant to watch the Fireworks display which was excellent- the food was lovely and the staff were fantastic.
We used the roof top pool regularly as it was at least 35 Euro to hire a sunbed on the beach opposite and the hotel did not have their own beach area. The staff at the pool are extremely helpful.
I do however have 2 criticisms of the JW Marriott Group- firstly, you cannot access free wifi anywhere in the hotel (not even in the lobby) and it cost 24 Euro for 24 hours access!! In this day and age, free wifi should be provided and most restaurants in Cannes did offer this- why does JW not?
Bottles of water from the mini bar at 7 Euro- I feel that when spending 300 Euro+ per night, you should get at least 1 bottle for free each day.
This said, I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again as the hotel, location and staff and are all excellent!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank livEngland

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed a couple of nights at the JWM towards the end of the Cannes film fest. We booked a king sized bed online and when we went to our room, we found we had a room with two single beds pushed together I know this is common in Europe (although I don't know why) but when you book a king-sized bed at a JWM, you expect to get one, even in France. When you pay the kind of money you pay during the Cannes film fest, you expect to get what you ordered. This was my main complaint about our stay. The person checking us in could only offer us a 'sorry, we only have 40% of our rooms with king sized beds and we are fully checked in". I guess I understand to a degree as we arrived the last two days of the film fest but I do feel a like a bit of a bait and switch was working here.

The bar was great for people watching but the service at the bar was kind of hit or miss. The first day we sat at the lounge/bar area and service was prompt and friendly. Another day we sat in the lounge area and nobody seemed to be working the area so we headed out to find a place to get a drink - and there is no shortage of places along the Blvd. de la Croisette to do that.

The JWM is in a perfect location for the film fest so despite the flaws, it ended up being ok, as location trumped all for this trip. However, I really don't feel like we got our money's worth and if I went back, I'd probably look at the other hotels in the area before the JWM.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C7driver
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I regularly travel, and I love staying at Marriott properties, but typically do not stay at JW Marriotts because there is better value in their other brands, but when I have stayed in such, they are first class. The hotel at Cannes was only average, perhaps a three star hotel. The staff was great, valet for the car was spectacular, the bartender from Australia, Debra, Carol, and the older concierge, are all great. Our room was reasonable, but the air conditioning did not work, we could feel cool air, and thought the problem was system wide, the hall ways were hot. Well, the second night, we were sweating in bed, I called and requested a fan, at 3:30, and in 5 minutes a nice Phillappino man arrived with a fan. We went out that day, returned to another night of a warm room, but that night, we had not gotten the message, the hotel offered us a junior suite. The bigger room was nice, but all I really wanted was air conditioning, it did work in that room, and we noticed the last half of the hallway was cooler. What was interesting was the poor maintenance of the carpet in the junior suite.

Room Tip: Cannes is a busy area, high density, and there may not be a good solution in the middle of Cannes...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovegolfsailing
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This was our first time to the south of France and it was absolutely amazing! The best hotel in the best location hands down! I would stay here again and recommend to everyone. It was worth every penny!

Room Tip: Every room in the hotel is perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NM702
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I will start by saying I will definitely stay here again!
In the perfect location to walk around everywhere and be on the door step of the crosiers blvd.
the service was outstanding I want to thank Fatiha for ell the good service she did a great job every morning with the breakfast buffet. I also want to congratulate Karim at concierge he did a fantastic job.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel and we had a wonderful stay. The rooms and bathrooms were spacious and recently renovated. I loved the modern decor. The service was very good. Special thanks to our receptionist Caroline who was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The location of the hotel was also perfect right in the middle of the Croisette. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the outside seating. We would definitely stay here during our next trip to Cannes.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dinakb
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This hotel tries to play with the big boys and doesn't quite live up to it. The lobby is impressive, the staff professional, the valets attentive, when they are around. Our room was decidedly sexy, well decorated and even had a little balcony. However as much as this sounds great, the details were lacking. First there is the sound proofing - we were on the 4th floor, the second highest, yet the music from the lobby was seeping in all night. It was barely noticeable but I can only imagine how it would have been on a lower floor. Our room also had one of those annoying doors that connect it to the next room. These are definite noise bridges and sure enough we could hear the people in the next room talking. One night some people came home late and were extremely noisy - we had to call front desk, who called them to ask them to quiet down. They did, but even when they were talking quietly we could hear them. When I'm in an expensive hotel like this, the one thing I really have no tolerance for is noise.

The bathroom was large, yet it was lacking any towel bars. I just don't get that. And luckily we are sporty so we had no problems climbing into the tub/shower but if you are in any way challenged, you will find it hard to climb over the very high ledge of the tub to take a shower. The shower had one of those rain shower heads which was placed so far away from the shower wall it made it impossible to not spill water into the bathroom. Not much thought went into that design.

Lastly the two jacuzzis of the hotel on the rooftop were out of service. So overall, we were not impressed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple