We stayed at the JW for 9 nights for our honeymoon. We had a lovely room with sea views which was well furnished and clean. On arrival. there was a bottle of champagne in our room which was a really lovely gesture!
The staff on reception are excellent and could not do enough to help you.
The hotel is beautiful and has a great location on the croisette so is near to everything.
We ate in the panorama restaurant to watch the Fireworks display which was excellent- the food was lovely and the staff were fantastic.
We used the roof top pool regularly as it was at least 35 Euro to hire a sunbed on the beach opposite and the hotel did not have their own beach area. The staff at the pool are extremely helpful.
I do however have 2 criticisms of the JW Marriott Group- firstly, you cannot access free wifi anywhere in the hotel (not even in the lobby) and it cost 24 Euro for 24 hours access!! In this day and age, free wifi should be provided and most restaurants in Cannes did offer this- why does JW not?
Bottles of water from the mini bar at 7 Euro- I feel that when spending 300 Euro+ per night, you should get at least 1 bottle for free each day.
This said, I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again as the hotel, location and staff and are all excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Mediterranean Sea and the Southern Alps, JW Marriott Cannes boasts an incomparable cultural and artistic heritage. The hotel is located on the former site of the Palais des Festivals, placing it at the heart of a city that steps into the spotlight once a year, when shining stars and international events come together for a film festival that has made Cannes the annual showcase for French elegance. Among its many unique features, JW Marriott Cannes is the only luxury hotel on the Croisette to have its own auditorium seating up to 820 guests. It also offers 16 newly renovated multi-functional and totally flexible conference rooms (including 10 new rooms on the 1st floor). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your JW Marriott Cannes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cannes Hotel Cannes
- Palais Stephanie Hotel Cannes
- Cannes Palais Stephanie Hotel
- Sofitel Cannes
- Cannes Sofitel