Simply put, this rates a one of the top to holiday experiences on my 7 year marriage. As a Platinum member, this JW takes it very serioously...but beyond that as a guest, I felt the staff was absolutley extrodinary me to and everyone i witnessed them assisting which is just as important. Where I did have an issues someone was "Johnny on the Spot" and addressed it immediatley! and again, I witnessed the same with another guest.
My wife and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversay there over the weekend and this location is the best in Cannes. The JW Grill indoor/outdoor restaurant as THE BEST location on Blvd de La Croisette...bar none. When you sit out side at the restuarant the views are spectacular. Standard rooms are small, but beautifully appointed in leather. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and I looked at others (and they have done an exceptional job!) I could not plug in my razor and my wife could not plug in her curling iron in the room (US Voltage) so If I were to make a reccommendation I would change that, however, when we asked for convertors which we used in other rooms for phone, Ipad and my wife's curling iron, we were accomodated immedately.
I do not speak French well at all, but the staff all spoke English well enough to not make me feel unconfortable or lost. My position is if I do not speak the language well I will not destroy it! That said, I must highlight Phillppe, the day concierge. I suprized my wife wiht a trip to a quint little town call Gourdon, North West of Grasse but waaaay up in the mountians. While it might seem a simple drive for a local, Philleppe was gracious and thoughtful enough to priunt directions for me in English! And I did not get lost!!!
We had great coffee a couple nights just down the block at the Armarni Cafe, and while it might sound crazy, they brw Illy, but somehting about the brew wiht creame and their finely gorund sugar was fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Mediterranean Sea and the Southern Alps, JW Marriott Cannes boasts an incomparable cultural and artistic heritage. The hotel is located on the former site of the Palais des Festivals, placing it at the heart of a city that steps into the spotlight once a year, when shining stars and international events come together for a film festival that has made Cannes the annual showcase for French elegance. Among its many unique features, JW Marriott Cannes is the only luxury hotel on the Croisette to have its own auditorium seating up to 820 guests. It also offers 16 newly renovated multi-functional and totally flexible conference rooms (including 10 new rooms on the 1st floor). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Marriott, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your JW Marriott Cannes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cannes Hotel Cannes
- Palais Stephanie Hotel Cannes
- Cannes Palais Stephanie Hotel
- Sofitel Cannes
- Cannes Sofitel