My wife, son, and is pent 5 nights here during the film festival. Yes the pool was closed, and that was communicated well in advance, and we were given beach vouchers upon request. The bed was wonderful! Definitely the best bed during our 3 week trip and it seemed larger than a typical king size bed. The shower was also great! The room size was fine, but adding a roll away made it a bit cramped.
We found the staff to be fine. They were polite and helpful at all times. The biggest complaint is the noise. We were on the east side of the hotel facing aside street. We were told that this was the quieter side because all of the events happening on the other side of the hotel. Unfortunately there is a club that is on the side street that had people coming and going literally all night. And of course the rich oil barons in their Lambroghini's and Ferrari's have to rev the engines to show off when they leave.
As others have said the cost of the internet is high, as is the overall cost of the hotel. I would never dream of paying almost 1000 euros a night for a hotel room, but this is a great bargain using rewards points, and as a Platinum Rewards member thrown in free internet and free daily breakfast and you have a heck of a deal.
My only advice is that unless you are going to Cannes specifically for the Film Festival then avoid the whole area from mid May until the end of May.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Mediterranean Sea and the Southern Alps, JW Marriott Cannes boasts an incomparable cultural and artistic heritage. The hotel is located on the former site of the Palais des Festivals, placing it at the heart of a city that steps into the spotlight once a year, when shining stars and international events come together for a film festival that has made Cannes the annual showcase for French elegance. Among its many unique features, JW Marriott Cannes is the only luxury hotel on the Croisette to have its own auditorium seating up to 820 guests. It also offers 16 newly renovated multi-functional and totally flexible conference rooms (including 10 new rooms on the 1st floor). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Hotel.de, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Cannes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cannes Hotel Cannes
- Palais Stephanie Hotel Cannes
- Cannes Palais Stephanie Hotel
- Sofitel Cannes
- Cannes Sofitel