We came to the south of France to go on a cruise departing out of Nice. All of the hotel rooms in Nice were booked, as our check in day was the day of the Monaco Grand Prix, AND the last day of the Cannes Film Festival. We were able to book a room here with our Marriott points.
We arrived on the last day of the film festival, so the immediate area was in the process of winding down from the week's activities. Our welcome was friendly, and we were given a room in a quiet area of the hotel on the 5th floor. We had noticed a noise from some type of pipe, we weren't sure what it was, and as it persisted after we came back from dinner, we called maintenance. Maintenance came right away, and we were told that it was a problem with the AC and they would move us to another room. The room they gave us was a bit bigger, on the 3rd floor, and had a fabulous ocean view.
Rooms are small by American standards (this is France), décor is sleek. Front valet was most helpful in pointing us in the right direction to walk for dinner. Front staff was polite and accommodating. All in all, this was a very pleasant experience, and I think if you were to visit Cannes at a time other than the festival week, this would be a very nice choice in terms of location, quality, and hospitality.
FYI: The cruise port in Nice was about 40 minute drive away. Cab fare ran us a rather hefty 130 Euro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Mediterranean Sea and the Southern Alps, JW Marriott Cannes boasts an incomparable cultural and artistic heritage. The hotel is located on the former site of the Palais des Festivals, placing it at the heart of a city that steps into the spotlight once a year, when shining stars and international events come together for a film festival that has made Cannes the annual showcase for French elegance. Among its many unique features, JW Marriott Cannes is the only luxury hotel on the Croisette to have its own auditorium seating up to 820 guests. It also offers 16 newly renovated multi-functional and totally flexible conference rooms (including 10 new rooms on the 1st floor). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Marriott, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your JW Marriott Cannes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Cannes Hotel Cannes
- Palais Stephanie Hotel Cannes
- Cannes Palais Stephanie Hotel
- Sofitel Cannes
- Cannes Sofitel