“Finally the perfect hotel in Cannes”
Review of Le Grand Hotel

Le Grand Hotel
Ranked #14 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The Grand Hotel in Cannes reopened its doors under new management after two year renovation period. The result is great.
The location is unbeatable in its own gardens on la Croisette overlooking its great pivate beach.
I stayed here recently as I was invited to a weeding in a nearby five star hotel.
The Grand is is super personal with its around 75 rooms and suites, the service is outstanding, and the atmosphere distuingished, hip, and elegant without being stuffy.
Cannes was badly in need of such a five star boutique hotel. The bar-lounge is so relaxing, and the food in the restaurant well worth its michelin star. The rooms are huge and very original with its retro-style look,mine had a nice view over the city, next time I will try sea view. This is a five star hotel all the way,much more pleasant than its competitors next door..highly recommended!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Hugues-Raybaud, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience on this website.
We are very happy to learn that we met your expectations in all ways during your last stay with us.
We very much look forward to welcoming you again at Le Grand Hotel.
With my best Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I need to tell this for everybody who care about the Staff and who believe that staff is one of most important things in moment when you want to chose your hotel anywhere. The hotel is very nice, rooms are minimum 40 m2 , all things are great but staff is the best. They are very polite and ready to help you in everything you need. Example: I was come there late without information where is the parking for the car. I leave my car in public parking near to the hotel. When I was on reception to ask staff where is the parking, they explained me that parking is on the other side of hotel and they took my keys, went to the public parking to find the car and moved a car in hotel parking. Second thing, it was Sunday and everything it was closed , I asked for information where is the pharmacy they told me it's to far and ask me for what I need the pharmacy. I explained and after 10 minutes all the things which I need they were in my room. All in all it was a lot small things where they are help me like the usual information about the city, restaurants and clubs. Just to be more precise the names of the Actors - staff are MELISSA , MATHIEN and FRED

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Hugues-Raybaud, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you at the Grand Hotel.
We are delighted that you enjoyed staying with us and we would like to thank you for your wondeful comment.
I will not fail to share your words so encouraging with the team.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I loved my room at this hotel. I was upgraded to a sea view room with a large balcony. The room was super modern and really large. I've read about people complaining about the small bathroom - it was lovely and big enough for sure. I really don't understand little rooms and big bathrooms so this is right. The beds were super comfortable and the room was so quiet as it's not directly on the sea front road. I didn't eat at Le Park which is a michelin 1 star restaurant because I was by myself and it looks like a restaurant you want to share the experience with. The menu looked fabulous. The location is great and I walked to the big market everyday and bought beautiful cheeses, baguettes, olives, tapenades etc. I think I spent more on that vs. eating in restaurants because of the quality of the food and experience. It was good to sit on the balcony and eat while watching the beautiful views on the sea and bustle of people walking on the Croisette.

The only downside was there was no fitness center. There are beautiful places to walk so it's not a big deal but it was raining like crazy one of the days, so would have liked that. I'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Hugues-Raybaud, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you took to share your experience further to your stay in our establishment.
It is a real pleasure to read such a kind feedback.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the size and decoration of the room as well as the location of our hotel.
Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We spent almost one week in this unique hotel on the Croisette and we were more than delighted with everything. A very cosy, intimate hotel decorated with a great taste!
The staff was there with a smile beating the sun to satisfy all our recquests.
Ah, what a room with view! The only hotel on the Croisette with a huge green park where you can lie under the palm trees. The hotel has a private beach with a restaurant.
The main restaurant has a star in Michelin guide so be ready to eat healthy and extremely tasty.
Even if you do not find a room in the hotel you should pass to have diner or a drink in the bar where at the sound of a piano you will remember Fitzgerald and Zelda!
Have a wonderful romantic stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank emeshe C
Hugues-Raybaud, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Guest,

We had recently the pleasure of your visit and I wished to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience on this website.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the service our personnel provided met your expectations.
Your gratifying remarks make our efforts even more worthwhile.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Yep the Le Grand hotel have managed it! I was charged €12 (£10.30) for a large glass of beer. The most expensive pint of beer I have ever paid for. It's tantamount to theft, it really is. I hate to harp on about it but I only paid (I say only) £6 in Oslo, and £7 in Reykjavik. Apart from this I really liked the hotel. Its very retro but I'm not sure whether its meant to be like that or if it needs a refurb!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank JaseUK1
Hugues-Raybaud, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our establishment further to your stay in January.
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the hotel and its 60's style.

Nevertheless, we are sorry that you felt the cost of our pint of beer was outrageous. It is something of a surprise for us considering the fact that we do offer very competitive rates compared to the other bars located on La Croisette.
We hope that this will not stop you from coming back in the future to spend some good time enjoying nice drinks while looking at the sea.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Location was fantastic rooms spacious and well appointed cleanliness was well addressed staff very friendly and approachable only one issue for us was having no tea/coffee making facilities especially with my wife being addicted to coffee lol but we got around that problem ,overall a great hotel in a fantastic location we will be back and will look forward to it .

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Georgecorinna123
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Staff were very attentive and exceeded my expectations

In particular, the restaurant Park 45

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Hello_Mr_Dave
Hugues-Raybaud, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for your feedback.

We are glad to learn that we did meet your expectations during your recent stay in our establishment.
Our guests' satisfaction is our priority and we are constantly working on the quality of the service provided.

We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

With my Best Regards,