“Honeymoon of a lifetime!”

Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion
Ranked #9 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My Bride and I spent five days and four nights in this romantic upscale paradise.
Never before in my life have I made to feel like such a VIP in a Hotel stay. I might add that I spent the better part of my life traveling the world in my business endeavors.

Not only was the food fabulous in the restaurant, the staff actually greeted us by name
after the first day of our arrival. With such a large hotel I'm not sure how they managed
to remember my lovely wife and myself.

I would highly recommend the hotel for business or pleasure. The beach is just outside
your door step, and in the summer this can be quite an interesting stroll!

Mr. and Mrs. Joseph

Room Tip: All the rooms are good I'm sure, but since the hotel is located in the central part of town, ev...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Agnes J
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Dear Agnes J.,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on TripAdvisor website, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

I was particulary happy to read that your honeymoon stay at the Gray d'Albion Hotel was so pleasant. Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in Cannes (for your wedding anniversary perhaps ?),

I remain,

François PORTIGLIA

Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed 25 September 2011

The hotel is located very near the beach and the famous croissette. Therefore, we understand price goes up. The entrance and reception are great. So was our check in. For the price we've paid the rooms need a refurbishment, details however. Good bed, quit and good sleeping. Dining was very ok, good service and not expensive seen the location. The food in the beach restaurant as well. But then the breakfast : very disappointing experience Poor buffet, but above all the staffs service was below standard. ( we e.g. waited several minutes at the entrance before being noticed). This was not at all a nice experience. Checking out was even worse. Via the hotel check out form I requested a satisfaction survey. After a month we did not yet receive anything. What a pity.

1  Thank Bestemaatje
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Dear Mr "BESTEMAATJE",

This message to inform you that I carefully read your comment you wrote on TripAdvisor after your visit at the Gray d'Albion Hotel last August.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotels, and I deeply regret that the breakfast service you were given, has not been up to your expectations.

I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach an irreproachable level of service, which obviously, has not been the case this time.

I personally listed what went wrong with our Head of department, Mr DUPLAY and the employees concerned. Measures have been taken to remedy those failure which again, I deeply regret. Usually, the quality of service of that hotel is held in high reputation but, this time, it has not been at the level of its notoriety, and I wish you could accept our apologies.

Concerning your remark about a guest comment sending forgotten, those are automatically generated by software to an outside company which is in charge to send guest satisfaction survey to all our guest with a email address. May be, we didn't fill your email address correctly at your checking.

However, I hope you will still trust us, remain a guest of our hotel, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again. If you do so, don’t hesitate to call our Reception Manager, Mrs Audrey MAURAY for your next reservation. She will personally take care of your accommodation.

Hoping you will give us a chance to show you that the Gray d'Albion Hotel can be up to your expectations,

Reviewed 17 September 2011

We booked this hotel online with no real expectations other than knowing the hotel is in a fantastic location in central Cannes. First hurdle was parking charged at $26 euro per day in the underground car park next door to the hotel (solution - we found free street parking just 500m away near the station). Next hurdle was a the pace at which check-in was performed; snail pace; given that all our details had been provided when we booked online. Highlight was our 'standard room' was of ample size, clean, modern, light and noise free. Walking distance to everything needed, recommend the hotel based on location only!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WorthKnowing
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear Worthknow,

This letter to inform you that I carefully read your comment of September 17th you wrote on TripAdvisor after your stay at the Gray d'Albion Hotel.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give of the Lucien Barriere Hotels, and I deeply regret that the service you were given has not been up to your expectations, particularly regarding the bad experience you had during your checking at the hotel.

I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach an irreproachable level of service, which obviously, has not been the case on your arrival.. I personally listed what went wrong with our Head of department who obviously couldn’t give us any explanation about your trouble. Measures have been taken to remedy those failures which again, I deeply regret.

General manager

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Hotel in a great position, minutes to the Croisette. We went for the Summer special deal, with use of the private beach in the price, which was really good value. We booked a superior room overlooking the small garden, which was very quiet. The bed very comfy, the room and bathroom nice and clean. Great choice for breakfast.

We just had two problems, the wi fi signal was very poor and kept dropping out frequently. The second was problems with the mini-bar. We had some small bottles of water from it, one bottle was 3/4 full and left in the mini bar for later, but when we came back from the beach it had been removed. Also we had put our own can of apple juice in the mini bar and this was also removed. When this was questioned at Reception, we were told that they had taken the charge for the water off the bill, but the Manager had confirmed that we could not use the mini bar for our own drinks. There are no clearly visible signs to say we could not use the fridge for our own drinks, and think that it was wrong to confiscate it. If it was a problem, then it should have been taken out and left for us, and the matter brought to our attention. Also, we did use the mini bar for our own drinks three days prior to this happening, and then for the rest of our stay, so there is not consistency to their rules.

These are only minor complaints, and it would not stop us from staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 18lovetotravel

Dear 18lovetot,

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière Hotels wishes to give (despite the fact that we hadn't completely fullfill your expectation with this minibar inconveinience), it is certain that your comment pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,

I remain

General manager

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Upon checking in we were immediately upgraded to a superior room which was appreciated. The bed was a super king and the room a good size. There was also a balcony which got the afternoon sun.
The location is fantastic - less than a minute's walk to the beach/croisette. A good selection at breakfast (pastries/croissants/fruit/cereal/yogurt/bacon, eggs etc) and helpful staff.
Our room was on the second floor, and although there was no noise from the street, we did get woken from the room upstairs, the walls are quite thin - this is the only negative point.
Overall, very good value hotel and will be staying there for our trip next year.

On a seperate note regarding Cannes, we hired a moped for approx 45 euro for the day and drove along the coastline to Monaco stopping off at Juan Le Pins, Antibes & Nice. I thoroughly recommend this if you dont want to hire a car. Another tip is to book the Cannesexpress shuttle bus to and from the airport - only 20 euro each way! Very reliable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank littlebenny
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Dir Madam,

I paid particular attention to the comment you kindly report on Trip Advisor, following your stay in the Hotel Gray d’Albion.
Your positive remarks will encourage my teams to continue towards the quality that we have to ensure all year round to our guests.
I also thank you for your “travelling tricks”, which will surely help internet users on the cheap means of transport to come to Cannes.
Thank you to have chosen Lucien Barrière hotels and more particularly our establishment

Sincerely Yours.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

I have visited Cannes many times over the past 30 years and have stayed at many hotels including the Carleton,Majestic and Splendid.
I recently arrived in Cannes without a reservation and was dismayed to find that many of my favorite hotels were sold out.I was treated with total disrespect and ignorance by a front desk clerk at the Slendid when i inquired about room availibility and would not stay there again if it was for free.
Thankfully due to a chance dparture,we were able to secure 2 rooms at the hotel,Gray D'Albion.
when I presented to the front desk,I was warmly greeted by Magali who offered me 2 rooms with breakfast and was most gracious and accomodating.
We had just travelled from the french alpine region and were exhausted.
The Hotel gray d'Albion was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!
Very well situated in the heart of the Croisette.Rooms and amenities were outstanding and the breakfast was superb.
I woul definately return and highly recommend this hotel.

5  Thank jmreiff
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2011

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

My team and I thank you for having taken some minutes of your time to report your satisfaction on the site TripAdvisor, following your stay in the Hotel Gray d' Albion.

Be sure that I really appreciate this gesture, your mail can only encourage my team to continue towards improvement and quality and I shall not miss to pass them your appreciations.

Thank you to have chosen Lucien Barriere hotels and more particularly our resort

Sincerely Yours.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Upon check in we were gratefully upgraded to a superior room. The room was bright and modern. The beach facilities were also of high standard, with newspapers and dining available on site. Even though the wireless is pricey, one can use it in the hotel as well as on the beach, obviously it would be nice to have it included, but the wide range of usage makes it bearable. the concierge service was very good, making reservations at top restaurants without hassle. Lovely stay and definitely recommendable.

2  Thank Jujush
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Dear Jujush,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the Tripadvisor site, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant, even if we still have some efforts to do on some of our prices (wireless should be free in our hotel at the end of the year)

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion,
I remain,