“Great Location”

Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion
Ranked #9 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The lobby of the hotel in gorgeous although the room was just ok to me. The beds weren't as comfortable, but overall it was a good stay. Hotel staff weren't as friendly, but the location was ideal. Close to all shopping, beach, and restaurants. What I didn't know was that the beach chairs and towels weren't included with my stay. I think it was 15-20 euros per day to rent. However, you can take a towel from the hotel and just lay on the sand as 95% of the people were doing there.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear caligurl2,

This mail to inform you that I carefully read your guest comments you sent after your stay at the GRAY D’ALBION HOTEL.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotels, and I regret that the service you were given at the GRAY D’ALBION has not been up to your expectations.

I want you to know that we consider your guests’comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach an irreproachable level of service, which obviously, has not been totaly the case this time. I personally listed what went wrong with the heads of department concerned. Measures have been taken to remedy those failures.

However, I hope you will still trust us, remain a guest of our hotel, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

General manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed 14 September 2012

My husband and I spent six nights at the Gray d'Albion at the end of August and enjoyed the experience immensely. The scent of roses as you enter reception sets the tone. Our superior room on the fourth fllor had everything we could want, and, as we looked out of the back of the hotel, rather than onto the street, it was very quite. They don't supply shampoo though, only shower gel, so don't go without. Breakfast was much better than expected - with a wide range of hot and cold options. Don't sit outside if you don't like pigeons - as in most places, these rats with wings are all around. Inside the restaurant though, this was obviously not a problem.

The hotel is in a great location. The train station is five minutes away (right out the front of the hotel). There's a good area of public beach directly by the sea left out the front of the hotel (there's no need, in our view, to pay for a lounger on a private section of beach - just buy an umbrella for around E18). Being just off what is the end of the Croisette, it's also easy to nip up into the lovely old town (Le Suquet) for dinner.

We'll certainly return if we go back to Cannes.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear cranford,

Thank you for this wonderful and detailed review on TripAdvisor.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us and that the service of our team was up to your expectations. It is a great source of motivation for us.

Hoping to see you back soon in Cannes

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We have just returned from our week at the "Gray" and as usual we had a fantastic time. We have been staying here regularly for the past 6 years. The hotel is great, a fantastic location in the centre of everything, the rooms are a good size with a balcony and very clean and we cannot fault the staff, from the reception to the guys on the beach, they are all so friendly and cannot do enough for you. We have stayed here twice already this year and will return again in October.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear BAZ516,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on the TripAdvisor website and are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Gray d'Albion Hotel.

Your satisfaction and your comments are an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making each stay a memorable one.

Please be assured that everything will be done to make your next stay even better.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again,

With all our very best regards

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed at the Gray d' Albion from 8.29-9.2 and we thought it was perfect for our time in Cannes. The location was excellent, very close to the beach and a short walk to old Cannes. We got an amazing rate through hotels.com at $200/night which is much less than the hotel's published rates. It was also a 5 minute walk from the train which was very convenient. Only downside is you have to pay for the hotel's beach facilities, but the public beach is nearby and free. There are also other places that charge less for the set up on the beach. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Book through hotels.com for a better rate!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Jacques F

Let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make your stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,

Reviewed 10 September 2012

This studio is central to everything,safe secure,comfortable minutes from all the attractions and a good price the owner made everything smooth with payments and returns of security deposits.Its got free wifi so you can plan everydays trips while you are there,10 minutes walk to the train station if you are travelling by train like we did.book it you won't be disappointed thanks Patrick it was a pleasure

Room Tip: Use holiday rentals 400058 studio
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear mattthetraindriver,

Thank you so much for this nice comment posted on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to learn that we meet your expectations during your stay in our establishment and very much look forward to welcoming you back,

With my best regards,

François Portiglia

Reviewed 1 September 2012

I'd actually score this hotel as average if I hadn't seen its potential in the rooms my friends stayed in. Stayed at the Gray for 5 nights in August. It's not cheap but it's a great location and a good base in Cannes. It seems that some floors have been recently renovated while others haven't (and really should be for the price guests are paying). My room on the 8th floor was unfortunately not one of the renovated ones. The biggest difference is in the bathrooms. The new ones are white, modern and fresh while mine had old brown tiles and, shockingly, a really dingy sad excuse for a shower curtain. Also, when I walked into the room it smelled like an ashtray, something the hotel apologized for - they sent housekeeping in to open the balcony door to air it out and spray LOADS of air freshener all around to kill the smell. Also the carpet really needs to be changed, it's time. And watch out for all the extras, they add up at the final payment, nothing is not expensive. You have to book to go to the hotel's beach and I think it's an additional cost (i never ended up going there). On a more positive note, the staff were helpful when we had any questions or requests. The bed was really comfortable. The balcony had a nice view of the garden and rooftops across Cannes. There's a bar in the lobby that was a good meeting point as we were a large group of friends in different rooms and even different hotels. Never had breakfast because the cafes nearby seemed more inviting and were a third of the price. The location is excellent. Walking distance from La Croisette, from the Casino, the port, old town and there's a convenient downtown shopping/cafes/market area just behind the hotel. Also a bus stop is right outside the hotel.

Room Tip: make sure you get the rooms that have been renovated and obviously the suites are much nicer. DO NOT...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Direction_hotels, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Dear Dima K,

This message to inform you that I carefully read your comment you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel this month.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I’mhappy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion has been up to your expectations, despite that your equipement didn't fullfil all your expectation.

I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the irreproachable level of service that you are expected.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Simply put - every euro well spent! I was there few years ago (not 2011) during festival in Cannes and I must say that I was pretty satisfied with pretty much everything. Professional stuff, pretty big room with terrace filled with high plants, clean and modern bathroom and so on. Plus, it is located in downtown Cannes, in the middle of the "rush". I looked at their site and a price seems to be much lower then they where few years ago, classic room is around 100 euro. 100 euro is pretty good deal for this category of hotel. If following is some reference during festival I managed to even see some celebrities there, mostly faces we know from various TV series, actors we all know but don’t know their names ;-) So, I give it 5 stars since prices are really low now

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Voyageur_expedia, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Srkey,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.

Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your message pushes us to continue our efforts as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s efforts contribute to make our guests’stay pleasant.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion,

General Manager.