“Great Hotel and Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion

Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion
Ranked #8 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great Hotel and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were fortunate to get a room upgrade.
The room and bed were excellent: spacious, clean, well decorated and comfortable.
Breakfast has a good variety,
Location is great for shopping and for interesting restaurant choices.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LordBY
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear LordBY,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Gray d'Albion Hotel -Cannes.
Your satisfaction and your comments are an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making each stay a memorable one.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Gray d'Albion, we sincerely hope to see you again.
With all our very best regards

François PORTIGLIA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

From the front desk through to the restaurant all staff were perfect. Breakfast was a very good way to start the day with a great array of fruits, meats, cereals etc and of course delicious baby croissants.the position is perfect for shopping or traveling by train or bus to other places in the area as the bus and ,train station is just a very short walk away.rooms are standard ,but with quality fittings as is the bathroom. All in all the perfect hotel in Cannes

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sunboxer
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Sunboxer,
First of all,thank you very much for sharing your experience following to your recent stay at the Gray d'Albion Hotel - Cannes.
It is a great pleasure for us to read that we managed to reach your expectations in terms of quality and service and that you enjoyed all the benefits of our establishment.
Be sure your comments will be shared with the entire staff as they represent their best reward .
We sincerely hope you will give us a new opportunity to welcoming you back very soon at the Gray d'Albion.
Thank you very much once more !
Sincerely Yours

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed at Gray D'Albion for my birthday a about a year ago, and I must say if I should go back, to Cannes, I hope I can get a room here. My room had French Condiments awaiting my arrival. The bed was huge deep and comfy, plush bathrobe was provided (rare these days). I most also note the "reception employees" desk were helpful (usually the French can be a bit alof)...most mornings I had breakfast on my private balcony, except on my birthday. After I got back to London, I recieved a note from the Hotel, thanking me for my patronage!!! Wow..that's service..

Room Tip: My room faced the garden, might have been more interesting facing the Rue...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cocoplum19
Dear cocoplum 19,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.
Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Group Lucien Barrière wishes to give, it is certain that your letter pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make our stay pleasant.
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Gray d’Albion Hotel,
I remain,

Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Great location, a few blocks back from the water, however easy access to the shops and restaurants. Hotel is an older property, some maintenance issues, however clean. Staff generally friendly and helpful, though not overly proactive in greeting Guests.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear BeijingEye,

This message to inform you that I carefully read your comment you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Gray d’Albion Hotel.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I am happy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion has fulfilled your expectations.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again,

Yours faithfully.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed at the Gray d'Albion on a short break in Cannes and I am surprised at just how varied the reviewers' perceptions are. The staff are wonderfully helpful, the rooms are very comfortable and the ambiance is pleasant. I doubt that many people visit Cannes to admire the view from their hotel room's window, so it was quite immaterial that our window overlooked the central garden. The balcony was a very peaceful place to sit and admire the urban wildlife. There is a wide variety of choice of restaurants within easy walking distance and the airport bus stop is just a few paces down the road.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael P
Dear Michael P,

Thank you so kindly for your recent posting on TripAdvisor.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I am happy to read that the service you were given at the Gray d’Albion has been up to your expectations.

I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the irreproachable level of service that you are expected.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again,
With my best regards.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Hotel is beautiful looking,good design,nice rooms,good service

Negative : No internet.You can get connected to modem,but it will drop you off every 2 minutes.And internet is so slow that it almost does not exist.We have asked staff at reception at lunch time to give us another room with internet.Concierge has replied internet is the same all over hotel. He also said he will call technicians.We came back to hotel around midnight and internet was not fixed.On arrival we have drive into indoor parking right beside hotel entrance.It has turned out parking does not belong to the hotel and we have to pay 26 Euros for parking.Hotel has no parking spaces at all. On checking in concierge ask not only my ID,

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Max R
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Max B,

I have paid special attention to your message regarding your dissatisfaction following your recent stay at the Hotel Gray d'Albion.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the hotel's decoration, rooms and quality of service.

We constantly strive to provide exceptional service in keeping with the image of all Lucien BARRIERE establishments; nevertheless I am sorry that our services did not quite meet your expectations this time.

I have personally addressed the issues you raised with the relevant managers informing them of your comments.

Please also allow me to explain the parking charges that were invoiced. The amount of 26 Euro is the same amount invoiced to us by the company who manages the car park. Our establishment does not have its own car park or parking spaces. The car park is managed by the company INTERPARKING who unfortunately does not provide a discount for our clients.
With regards to the Wi-Fi Internet connection provided free of charge to our guests, we did in fact experience problems with our supplier who was unfortunately only able to re-establish the connection the next day. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I sincerely hope that you continue to place your trust in us and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Gray d’Albion next time you are in Cannes.

MK/UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have just returned from six nights at the Gray d'Albion and cannot fault it. My room was immaculately clean with sparkling white linen bedding and the bed was outrageously comfortable. In fact, I think I slept better there than I do at home! The bathroom was spotless with unlimited hot water and lots of fluffy white towels.I had a little balcony which was lovely to sit out on and watch the world go by under my feet. No sea view but then I didn't expect one. It was only a couple of minutes walk to the beach anyway. Some reviewers have complained about the staff's lack of English (well, they were in France!) but all the members of staff I spoke with had excellent English - and were polite enough to let me try my French and not laugh at my attempts! I had several interesting 'franglais' conversations! Travelling on my own I felt perfectly safe and secure in this hotel - helped by the security which meant outsiders could not access the lifts and gain admittance to the bedroom floors. I cannot understand why anyone should object to this - it only takes a second to swipe a room card! Everyone was unfailingly polite and helpful. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the service there prompt and courteous. The bar prices were a bit steep but their Margaritas were better than those at The Carlton and came with lots of complementary nibbles! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Gray and would unhesitatingly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Vickyvoyager
François P, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Gray d'Albion, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Vickyvoyager,

Thank you very much for your nice review that I will share with my team.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, its location and the service provided (bar and buffet breakfast) and our security requirement with this restricted access to the rooms' floors for a better privacy and security of our guests.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

With best regards