This August, at the height of the season, we stayed at the Majestic Barrière in Cannes for 10 days. We learned during our stay that the hotel had received the title of “Best Hotel in France” this year. It is most well deserved and perhaps doesn't go far enough.
The Majestic Barrière is, beyond a doubt, extraordinary. There is no other way to describe it – other than “perfect”. It is hard to know where to begin. Shall I start with the fact that the hotel sent a chauffeur and a bellman from the hotel to meet us at the train from Paris? That they met us at the train on the track and entered the train and off-loaded our baggage?
Shall I continue with the group from the concierge desk, reception, group planning and management that welcomed us to the property – the warmth of the greeting, the attention to every detail?
Shall I continue with our room, which was large, spacious really, beautifully appointed, with a sumptuous balcony facing the Bay of Cannes overlooking the pool, with a table, chairs and a recliner? Or the welcome gift of fruit, chocolate, cookies and drinks brought to the room?
Then, of course, there were the amazing and wonderful dinners at the hotel, the incredible welcome for our group of 19 people with a dedicated reception team, the attention of the entire staff, from housekeepers to bell staff to desk staff and concierge and managers?
Speaking of which, the amazing work of the concierge team, helping us to find places to go and new experiences every evening of our stay continued the marvellous experience, along with the incredible meal at the Petite Maison de Nicole restaurant the first night for our team. The delicious breakfasts at the restaurant every morning, the way the entire staff remembered us from day to day, anticipating what we might need.
Then there was also the warm welcome from the people who work there, the “no request ignored” attitude to everything we needed, from a room change due to a broken air conditioning system (handled beautifully) to small things like an extra towel or a room needing to be made up late in the day.
And finally our perfectly prepared and served farewell dinner on the beach in front of the hotel, with, as a climax, the final night of the pyrotechnic festival of the summer.
Having stayed in many (we do this every year for our company) five star hotels in France, in the UK, in Italy, in Costa Rica, the US, and in Spain, I can say without any reservation that the Majestic Barrière is one of the best, if not the best, of them all.
Ah, me, as usual, and as happens to me a lot, I can’t understand the negative reviews. The hotel is graciously mature – it was celebrating its 100th birthday while we were there. It is not new construction to be sure, but we were grateful for that. It is stately, deliciously aged like a fine wine or elegant cheese, comfortably wearing the grace of its age. It reflects an ease and elegance with simplicity – the simplicity of simply just doing it right.
Stay there if you can. Tell them we sent you. Enjoy it. Don’t go home. We didn’t want to – we had to but… we would have stayed forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Barriere, icon of elegance and luxury, welcomes you into a world of refinement offering all the comfort of a legendary luxury hotel. The Majestic Barriere has a new look. Fully refurbished this winter, the hotel lobby and all of its rooms, suites and corridors reflect the latest trends bringing together luxury, tradition and modernity. In the near future, the Majestic 2010 will open a new wing, an extension of the existing hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Barriere Cannes Hotel Cannes
- Majestic Barriere Hotel Cannes
- Cannes Majestic Barriere Hotel