The hotel is situated at the beginning of the croisette, next to the palais des congres. A bit isolated compared to the other hotels and beaches, but nothing to fret about. Plus they do have their own beach, which of course you have to pay entrance to like all the other ones. Totally understandable, it is Cannes after all.
The hotel in itself is beautiful and grand and so is the lobby. Check in was quick and easy, and they were very welcoming and nice.
Now for the room...I had a deluxe room that was a little bit small but well set up so it wasn't overwhelming. Fittings and furniture are not brand new, classic style, but very well maintained, much better and newer than any other 5 star hotel in Cannes. Beds are big and extra comfortable, I had excellent quality sleek. Cleaning and turndown is spotless and perfect.
Room service can be slow especially at breakfast, and quality of the food can be better. But that was the only let down of the hotel, and it is certainly not the main point in a Cannes hotel.
The gym is really good, well equipped and up to date, but you do have to pay for access between 9am till 7pm or 8 ( can't remember exact time ). Or else before and after it is free.
The spa is a MyBlend by Clarins spa which means very high end and superb treatments. I had an amazing facial and body treatment there. Their opening hours could be extended though, especially in the busy summer months. Plus use of the sauna and hammam are not free for hotel residents.
Their hotel restaurant Fouquet is good, no fine dining cuisine but good. I didn't try la petite Maison though I heard it is very good.
Now the best part is service! Service is amazing, they are really helpful and eager to please. Anything you ask for they well gladly do. They couldn't find a good DVD player that would connect to my rooms tv so they went and bought a new one. And the guy who came 3 times to solve the issue were always nice and smiling, not the tiny bit annoyed. Everyone is always nice, kind and smiling. Special mention also for the concierges who are amazing, they get bombarded by requests int he busy summer but they still take each tiny request very seriously.
By the way, the last night I was there they had to move me from my room to another one, since I decided to extend at the last minute and my current room had been allocated to someone else. The room I was moved to was amazing. Although the same category as the other one it was much better. Bigger, brand new and modern. But those are the rooms in the "new wing", next time I will definitely ask for one.
I spent ten days there and can't wait to back next year....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Barriere, icon of elegance and luxury, welcomes you into a world of refinement offering all the comfort of a legendary luxury hotel. The Majestic Barriere has a new look. Fully refurbished this winter, the hotel lobby and all of its rooms, suites and corridors reflect the latest trends bringing together luxury, tradition and modernity. In the near future, the Majestic 2010 will open a new wing, an extension of the existing hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Easy Market Spa, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Barriere Cannes Hotel Cannes
- Majestic Barriere Hotel Cannes
- Cannes Majestic Barriere Hotel