“Heaven”

Ranked #5 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Jyvaskyla, Finland
“Heaven”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I visited this lovely hotel for a long weekend with my husband and some friends.
From the moment we walked in it was heaven.
Rooms was perfect in condition, quiet, bed was big enough and room was nicely decorated.
I loved it, and so did my husband. And friends of us.
I have satyed in hotels with better/bigger variety of breakfast, but nothing really was missing. A big surprise was champagne.
Location of the hotel is perfect if you want to stay near the beach and Croisette ( street at the beachfront), within walking distance of the shopping areas. We had lovely time jogging at the promenade early in the morning.
As we had rented car we went Nice and Monaco.
We all have travelled numbers of times in Southern France so this was a long weekeng full of luxury and getaway without children.
I can easily think of coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the hotel Majestic Barrière and for sharing with us this wonderful experience on the Trip Advisor website.

I am glad to know that enjoyed so much your stay with us and rest assured that I am going to tell your comments to the whole team.

Concerning our big buffet breakfast, we offer champagne to all our guests because we think that every reason why guests come at the Majestic Barrière is important and deserve to be celebrated.

I am happy that you had a lovely time jogging at the promenade. If the weather is not well the next time you come, do not hesitate to use the fitness facilities we have where you can also find various group lessons (zumba, spinning, yoga, etc…) and a personal coach to help you to set up a personalized program.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in order to demonstrate the quality of service we take great pride in the near future.

With my very best regards,

Pierre-Louis RENOU

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The room was well appointed and clean with a sea view. Annoyingly the free broadband kept dropping its connection. I had taken my gym gear in order to use the fitness centre. It cost 15 euro to use! its the first time ive stayed in a hotel where the fitness centre was and extra cost. The service was ok but prices of the drinks, coffees etc were very expensive. 8 euro for a very small bottle of evian

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the hotel Majestic Barrière and to share with us your experience on the Trip Advisor website. Your comments are very important because it helps us to constantly look for improvements.

I am really happy that you enjoyed your room and the beautiful see view. Rest assured that we transmitted your comments to the chambermaid team.

Concerning the fitness centre, it is under surveillance and all the equipments are regularly maintained. These reasons explain the cost of the fitness centre access.

Nevertheless, I hope you had a really good time at the Majestic Barrière and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans include the “French Riviera”.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated at the beginning of the croisette, next to the palais des congres. A bit isolated compared to the other hotels and beaches, but nothing to fret about. Plus they do have their own beach, which of course you have to pay entrance to like all the other ones. Totally understandable, it is Cannes after all.
The hotel in itself is beautiful and grand and so is the lobby. Check in was quick and easy, and they were very welcoming and nice.
Now for the room...I had a deluxe room that was a little bit small but well set up so it wasn't overwhelming. Fittings and furniture are not brand new, classic style, but very well maintained, much better and newer than any other 5 star hotel in Cannes. Beds are big and extra comfortable, I had excellent quality sleek. Cleaning and turndown is spotless and perfect.
Room service can be slow especially at breakfast, and quality of the food can be better. But that was the only let down of the hotel, and it is certainly not the main point in a Cannes hotel.
The gym is really good, well equipped and up to date, but you do have to pay for access between 9am till 7pm or 8 ( can't remember exact time ). Or else before and after it is free.
The spa is a MyBlend by Clarins spa which means very high end and superb treatments. I had an amazing facial and body treatment there. Their opening hours could be extended though, especially in the busy summer months. Plus use of the sauna and hammam are not free for hotel residents.
Their hotel restaurant Fouquet is good, no fine dining cuisine but good. I didn't try la petite Maison though I heard it is very good.
Now the best part is service! Service is amazing, they are really helpful and eager to please. Anything you ask for they well gladly do. They couldn't find a good DVD player that would connect to my rooms tv so they went and bought a new one. And the guy who came 3 times to solve the issue were always nice and smiling, not the tiny bit annoyed. Everyone is always nice, kind and smiling. Special mention also for the concierges who are amazing, they get bombarded by requests int he busy summer but they still take each tiny request very seriously.
By the way, the last night I was there they had to move me from my room to another one, since I decided to extend at the last minute and my current room had been allocated to someone else. The room I was moved to was amazing. Although the same category as the other one it was much better. Bigger, brand new and modern. But those are the rooms in the "new wing", next time I will definitely ask for one.
I spent ten days there and can't wait to back next year....

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the hotel Majestic Barrière and for taking the time to share your comments concerning your recent stay with us. We strive to provide exceptional service; therefore your feedback is exceedingly important as it acts as an indicator of how we are performing.

We are working very hard to ensure that all of our valued guests are completely satisfied. Therefore, I saw that you took advantage of all the facilities we offer to our clients and I am glad to know that you enjoyed all of them from the private beach to our My Blend by Clarins Spa (450 m² of luxury for the most innovative treatments, the ultimate combination of science and nature, plus Calrin’s unique application methods and expert coaching).

You said that you did not try La Petite Maison de Nicole, so it is a reason to come back.
La Petite Maison de Nicole offers dishes full of sunshine and exquisit flavours to remind us that international Cannes is first and foremost a girl from the French Riviera.

Rest assured that I have shared your kind words with our team; I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide all of our guests with the quality of service in which we take great pride.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Staff was very friendly at check-in. I had booked two rooms for the family, and we all got an upgrade. The hotel is clean, quiet, refurbished. All our requested (additional stuff in the room, minor malfunctions, restaurant reservations) were all handled swiftly. This is my second time here, and I would nor stay anywhere else

Room Tip: go for the deluxe rooms, they are spacious and confortable
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful time in our hotel and that you appreciated your upgrade.

At the Majestic Barrière, we take all the opportunities to make a client happier and its stay more amazing; that is why we answer to requests in the best way possible as you experienced.

We are looking forward to welcome you a third time at the hotel Majestic Barrière,

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I've just come back from a working trip around the French Riviera and stayed here for the last four nights. I've stayed in quite a few five-star hotels for my job as a travel journalist and guidebook writer and here are my thoughts on this hotel:

Positives:
Well located, five mins' walk from the train station and opposite the Palais des Festivals
Spacious, comfortable, quiet room
Friendly, helpful staff (OK a couple of the receptionists were a bit sullen)

Negatives:
Furniture in the bedroom was chipped and there were black marks/smudges on the wallpaper
There wasn't a list of TV channels in the room and there wasn't one at reception either - the receptionist had to look it up on a computer and when I tried those she gave me they didn't correspond to what I'd asked for
There is a charge to lie by the pool until 15 Sept (according to the hotel website) - I was here after this date and the receptionist told me that the charge still applied
The hotel 'gives' nothing to guests - I've stayed in two-star hotels where there is a bottle of complimentary water, fruit and biscuits in the room
Wifi costs around €15 per day (you'll find free wifi in McDonalds and in front of the hotel de ville (town hall))

Would I stay here again? Probably not. I got the impression that the hotel wants to milk guests for as much money as possible.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank veetee9
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you very much for choosing the hotel Majestic Barrière and for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests and I am deeply sorry that your experience did not reflect this.

We are working very hard to ensure that all our valued guests are completely satisfied. Therefore, please allow me to express my deepest apologies for the problems you faced during you stay.

We have taken notice of your comments about your room. Be sure we continuously plan renovation works particularly after the high season.

Regarding extra charges, our policy is to charge clients only for the facilities they use and keep our rates as low as possible instead of increasing rates including everything. I understand however this choice is not the best option for you …

Be sure we are very respectful to clients who choose to stay at the Majestic and all the teams are focused on guest satisfaction and comfort.

Once again, I would like to apologise if you didn’t feel this during your stay but hope you will give us a new opportunity to show you what Service means for us.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travel plans include the “French Riviera”.

Yours Sincerely.

greece
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed here for a week end in July and we were disapointed
The lobby it is nice but the rooms not as expected
First we recived a very small room and the air condition was not working
After an other room wich was better
You have to wait a lot for the check in
The staff it is not so helpful especialy the waitters to the restaurant are very arrogants
The breakfast was average a lot of staff but not so good quality,not well arranged and you have to wait for a table
We have not enjoy our stay and will not return for sure

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much choosing the hotel Majestic Barriere and for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. We strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests and I am deeply sorry that your experience did not reflect this.

We are working very hard to ensure that all our valued guests are completely satisfied. Therefore, please allow me to express my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered during you stay.
Theses inconveniences are isolated events and are not reflecting the quality of services we want to deliver to our guests.
Nevertheless, rest assured that we talked to the front desk and food & beverage team in order to avoid this kind of situation in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans include the French Riviera.

General Director
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Perfect place for bussiness meetings and conferencies, charming views of boulevard de la Croisette and part of The Côte d'Azur. High quality of services and quisine. In the very hart of Cannes, all places are reachable by hand and by foot.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Majestic Barriere and we are happy to know that enjoyed so much your stay with us.
The hotel Majestic Barrière is a perfect place for meetings and conferences with its numerous business rooms to work and its numerous services (swimming pool, fitness room, spa…) to relax after work.
As you said, the hotel is located on the Croisette, close to the see and the Palais des Festivals) and all the places are reachable by foot.

General Director