Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes
Hotel Le Cavendish(Cannes)
US$173
US$130
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Le Canberra(Cannes)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$254
Hotel Colette(Cannes)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$135
Eden Hotel & Spa(Cannes)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$134
  • Pool
Clarion Suites Cannes Croisette(Cannes)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$147
Travelocity
  • Room Service
2,394 results
All reviewsmajestic barriereprivate beachsea viewroom servicefilm festivalstar hotelred carpetmacaroonsperfect locationfrench rivieralarge bathroomconcierge deskhotel guestsfantastic hotelmini bareuros per personcote d'azur
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have just returned from a stay in this hotel, and it was an amazing experience. The whole hotel oozes luxury, however it is not pretentious, and the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The room we had was stunning on the top floor, full seaview, perfect for people watching, as well as luxury car watching, if that interests you.. The location too is pefect, close to the old town, but also facing the sea, where every early evening locals and tourists walk up and down, taking in the air.

There is a pool and a private beach, and 2 lovely restaurants as well as plenty of seating areas. The breakfast buffet is offers lots of choice and the food quality is perfection.
I did not find anything to fault with the hotel, and can't wait to return.
This was an amazing experience, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Do spend a bit extra for a sea facing room. It is worth the extra.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JDTRAVELBrighton
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay in our Hotel. At the Majestic Barrière, we strive to provide exceptional service; therefore your feedback is exceedingly important as it acts as an indicator of how we are performing.

We are working very hard to ensure that all of our valued guests are completely satisfied.
Therefore, I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with pleasant memories and a good impression of our breakfast you appreciated so much.

We are very lucky to enjoy such a good location on the Croisette, close to the old town and as you said perfect for people and luxury car watching, among other things. We are so happy to see that you have taken advantage of it.

Again, we appreciate you taking a moment to provide your feedback, as we know your time is valuable. We would love to welcome you for another memorable experience with us soon as possible.

With best regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed 1 night in April and found the hotel acceptable, however, just nothing that particularly blew my socks off. The staff were good, in particular on the Front Desk and the breakfast. We had a room on the higher floors and apparently it was one of the refurbished rooms. It wasn't large, however the beds and bedding fabulous and it was overall very comfortable and the back view of Cannes was just fine.

The shower was a bit silly. It was a bath tube with a shower in it, however, rather than the shower head being at the end of the bath which was covered by the 1/2 glass door, it was in the middle of the shower wall past the end of the where the 1/2 glass door finished....this meant lots of water on the floor. God know what the person that designed it was thinking!

The breakfast was fabulous ! and the complimentary Pommery Champagne made it even better.

Keep in mind that despite the large price you pay to stay at the hotel you still have to pay £26 euro to use the beds on their beach. I paid the £26 to use the sun bed on the beach, however, when I went into the water a piece of human excrement floated towards me..so I made a quick exit from the water and did not return to it.

The one thing I wish I had realised was the size of the hotel pool - it is very small with approx 20 beds...so with over 260 rooms...you do the math !!!! If I knew this I would not have booked this hotel.

Overall I would not look to stay in Cannes or any of their hotels. I found Nice, Cap Ferrat, Monaco..much nicer.

Also if you are looking for a fab little restaurant, try Chez Vincent et Nicholas in the old town. The food was fabulous and was only £160 for the two of us...for 3 course, a glass of wine or two and cognac.

Again, I am glad I stayed here, however, I will not be returning to Cannes.

1  Thank Sydney_AustraliaMel
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear guest,

On the first hand, we would like to thank you for your appreciation toward our Hotel. Our customer's feedback is essential for us.

We apologize if your experience did not fully satisfied you. However, it is a pleasure to read that you are glad you stayed with us.

If you decide to visit the city of Cannes again, we will be very happy to welcome you back.

Pierre-Louis Renou

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Just a few words to say what a lovely hotel the Majestic Barriere is. We had a few days of luxury. The breakfasts were very good, especially the Pommerey champagne and fresh orange juice. The staff were very helpful with excellent customer service.

A special thank you to Isabelle on reception for changing our room so quickly and efficiently (initially we had a room above the air conditioning units which was noisy).

I would highly recommend this hotel and the resort of Cannes

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at the back of the hotel near the air conditioning fans
1  Thank JaneyJaneEngland

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the hotel Majestic Barrière and for sharing with us this wonderful experience on the Trip Advisor website.

I am glad to know that enjoyed so much your stay with us and rest assured that I am going to share your comments with the whole team and especially with Isabelle.

Your positive impressions are our best reward and they strongly encourage us to uphold the level of excellence you are entitled to expect… Deserving your trust is essential.

Concerning our very good buffet breakfast, we offer champagne to all our guests because we think that every reason why guests come at the Majestic Barrière is important and deserve to be celebrated!

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in order to demonstrate the quality of service we take great pride in the near future.

With my very best regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Took my daughter for spring break to Cannes for three days...after arriving at Majestic Barriere we asked to extend our stay for another three days! The place is exquisite! The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel overall is beautiful. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've experienced in Europe - loved the champagne and eggs made to order. We were fortunate to have a few days of sunny weather and spent some time at the private beach. Tony, our beach attendant was FABULOUS - very courteous, attentive, and friendly! We are already planning our return visit for this summer :-) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this hotel!

3  Thank Deborah F

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the hotel Majestic Barrière and for taking the time to share you comments with us and thank you for posting a glowing review of your recent stay at our property.

I am happy to know that your stay with us has been wonderful and I am charmed to read your passionate appreciation of the excellent facilities the hotel has to offer and the fabulous services.

Every day all our staff makes their the best in order to all our guests feel specially, so it will be a pleasure to forward them your kind comments in regards to the service and especially to Tony.

It’s a wonderful compliment for us to know the breakfast you tasted was the best you have experienced in Europe!

Your nice compliments are a great reward to our continuous efforts to meet our clients' expectations. Deserving your trust is essential.

As you said, the Majestic Barrière is the exquisite place to spend a nice time in Cannes !

Thank you again for the courtesy of your time and we all look forward to welcoming you again very soon at the Hotel Majestic Barrière for another wonderful stay.

Yours sincerely,

Pierre- Louis RENOU

Reviewed 25 April 2014

From the moment we arrived into this hotel we were welcomed as if we were part of the family, the concierge were very attentive, polite and lead us to the reception area. From there Charles the front office manager took care of us, we were after a possible extra night and he did his best to help us in this area, and in the end his personal attention to my wife and I was brilliant. It doesn't end there... Sofia took us to our room personally and showed us our room and it's functionality, again what more can you ask for.

The main thing I will say is, that the hotel is one of the hotels that has the celebrities stay there during the Cannes Film Festival, and we were certainly treated as if we were celebrities, many hotels when they become mid to large hotels lose that personal touch and more to the point looking after people and the Majestic ticked every box for us, we would strongly recommended anyone going to Cannes is to stay at the Majestic... Thanks Charles and Sofia.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a balcony suite, it's a nice view of the sea...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris N
Pierre Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hotel Majestic Barriere and for taking the time to share your positive experience in such a lovely way.

It’s a real pleasure to know you found our hotel "fantastic" and we are all delighted to read that you enjoyed our celebrities’ treatments.

Every day all our staff makes sure that our guests feel at home, it will therefore be a pleasure to forward them your kind comments in regards to the service and especially to Sofia and Charles.
They are our best reward and they strongly encourage us to uphold the level of excellence you are entitled to expect… Deserving your trust is essential.

Again, we thank you for your time, and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon again for another fantastic stay with us.

Sincerely Yours,