“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
quebec
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

I absolutely loved this hotel and it's really worth the splurge!!!! The lobby area as you walk in you feel like you are in Cannes which i love! THe rooms are so clean and modern and the bathroom is just amazing!! A good bathroom is so important to me! THe location of the Hotel is perfect as you are right in the heart of the shopping area and the beach. Obviously if you can stay at the Carlton go for it, but if you can't stay there the Majestic is the second best on the strip. The restaurant inside the hotel was excellent And the Breakfast are excellent!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank T13791379

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

First of all, as you might expect, this hotel is beautiful. From the outside. From the inside. When you walk through the front door you really do feel like you have entered a world of beauty, style and glamour.
Of course, The Majestic has all the things you expect in a five-star hotel. Great restaurant, hip bar, gym, spa, pool and private beach.
The staff is extremely helpful and courteous. Language never seemed to be a barrier. No problem too daunting.
If you are in Cannes to attend an event at the Palais (as I was) the location is fabulous; just walk across the street.
My room (superior) was large and well appointed. A great bathroom, comfortable bed, huge closets, large flat-screen TV and a great working desk. Even though I was only a few metres away from all the action on the street the room was extremely quiet. And, with early summer sunrises, it remained peacefully dark in those early hours.
If you're travelling on a tight budget, this probably isn't the hotel for your situation. Rooms are not cheap and all those beautiful amenities come at a cost. In addition to your room charge (plus taxes, etc.) you will pay extra for average-speed internet access, access to the gym, pool and beach. If you need to print out a boarding pass, it will cost about 7 Euro. And then there are all the usual extras; phone, mini-bar, laundry. As I was checking out I was thinking about all these charges as I reviewed my bill . . . feeling a bit down, I confess. And then Isabelle stepped in to help me check out and the everything changed. She was friendly, interested, helpful, charming and warm. It reminded me that this was a very special experience; one certainly worth paying for.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank jetalcott
Bombay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

It was the chance of a lifetime to stay at the Majestic. I've never stayed in a hotel as opulent and grand. The presence of movie stars during the Cannes Festival didn't hurt either, as the Majestic was THE meeting spot. The super tight security was a bit of a hassle, but added to the glamour element. Our sea-facing room was just WOW! Even being a seasoned traveller, I was dazzled.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank goabum
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

We selected this hotel based on the fact that it had gone through renovation and it would be a fantastic comination of modern comfort and old times charm. We expected to see a fully reconstructed space with top-end service. Unfortunately that was not the case. First of all, the room is tiny. We are used to the size of the rooms in France but the room in Majestic seemed smaller due to a very low ceiling (probably 2.4 m). The bathroom was not renovated, the marble tiles are old as well as taps. And believe me there is no "old times charm". The quality of the new furniture is quite poor. Tthe hotel with such history deserves something better.
As for the service, unfortunately it also leaves much to be desired. We gave a shirt for pressing asking to deliver it back by 7 o'clock. At 8 we had to call the front desk and remind them. However we never received it in time and my husband had to wear a T-shirt instead.
Another example, I made a reservation for the spa treatments both for myself and for my husband. When we arrived in the spa it turned out that they had only booked me in and not my husband.
In the morning when we had to check out there was literally a queue. I do not know whether it is normal for the hotel of such level...
As for the positives, the hotel's location is great and the breakfast was not bad.
So, after spending two days in a newly renovated Majestic Barriere we decided that next time we would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

stayed here for the film fest because of its central location. service, especially in the cafe was horrible. the entire place was a rude, ripoff machine, with cramped, overpriced, dirty rooms.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mrtravelsalot
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

We spent two nights at the MB while traveling from Provence to Villefranche. I have stayed at the hotel before they renovated the rooms, and I didn't like it very much. I booked it again because the Carlton doesn't have a pool, and I don't like the Martinez at all (those are the only other deluxe hotels in Cannes.) My expectations were low, and I was really pleasantly surprised, the new rooms are tasteful and comfortable. I booked the lowest room category, and thanks to the American Express Platinum Fine Hotels & Resorts program, we were upgraded to a lovely room with a view of the sea. The bedding was so fantastic I would like to replicate it at home. Thick, pristine white duvets and nice crisp sheets, with a perfect mattress. The bathroom was huge with a large shower and a tub. We didn't eat lunch or dinner at the hotel, but I have in the past and it has always been good. Breakfast is fine, hot and cold buffet with efficient service for coffee and tea. The concierges are superb, I lost my blackberry charger and they charged mine for me. One of them recommended a great restaurant for dinner in the old town of Cannes, and provided directions to everywhere we need to go. I think the hotel provides good value, and its impossible not to have fun there. I highly recommend the Majestic Barriere. Bon voyage!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JMLondonNewYork
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights on a girls weekend away.... the hotel is gorgeous, in red, gold and sparkling chandeliers, there are photographs of movie legends on all the walls... there are glass cases with jewellery and exquisite looking shoes in the lobby...
Location: this hotel is set slightly back from the main strip, La Croisette, but benefits from a very grand entrance frequented by Bentleys, Ferraris & Porches. The best shopping is a 2 min walk, the best restaurants are in the old town about 10 min walk (the wonderful concierge can advise the best local food). The bus/train station is about 15min walk if you want to head out.... I recommed going to the perfumery in Grasse to formulate your own...
Rooms: we got a great deal on our room, it was gorgeously decorated, extremely comfortable bed and a nice bathroom.
Value: as the hotel was undergoing renovation, we weren't able to use the pool. But, this worked out fantastically as we had free use of the private beach instead... hello sunbeds.
Tips..... depending on your bank balance, you may want to avoid eating on the Croisette and instead go into the old town. The food there is amazing and much better value. Also, ask for tap water... Evian is extraordinarily expensive!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends