“Bad customer relations.”

Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes
Ranked #7 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 5 February 2011

My friend and I called in to MB for coffee as a treat. We ordered two cappuchinos which were served luke warm. I complained to the restaurant manager and he said, ' we push a button and that's what you get '. ! I then complained to the deputy manager who told me that there was nothing wrong with the coffee, it was just my taste. We discussed it but she said there was nothing at all she would do to rectify my complaint. We had to leave, after paying sixteen euros for the coffees, feeling very sad and dissapointed about the lack of good customer service.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank Carmeltravelling

Reviewed 3 February 2011

I stayed at the Majestic on a business trip and was very disappointed by the quality of service. On the first night I found plenty of bed bugs on the comforter and had to change room at 3am in the morning. The room where I have been relocated had a very small window overlooking the air conditionning system, a broken closet with no door. The paint inside the bathroom was falling apart. I received no apologize for what happened on the first night until the end of my stay where I had to complain to get some apologies!
The hotel lobby and restaurant are nice but rooms and service of the hotel, compared to its price and rating, are not worth it.
Also, anyone going there on a business trip should be aware that Internet access is overpriced, even for guests of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank TaC80
Voyageur_expedia, Manager at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2011

Dear TaC80,

Firstly let me offer again our sincerest apologies for the problems and the lack of care that you have experienced during your last stay with us.
I am sorry about the unfortunate experience that you have encountered and to read that you have not been given the care that you were expecting under those circumstances.
Again I am sincerely sorry for this situation.
Upon your comments regarding bed bugs we had immediately called our pest control company which has performed a thorough investigation.
Although their conclusion is that there was no obvious presence of bed bugs a thorough treatment of the room was performed to eliminate any pest.
There was no other report of this nature.

Nevertheless I am sorry that your night had been marred and that we did not offer the apologies that you were rightly expecting.
I have also noted your comments concerning the room condition and can assure you that all rooms will be visited by maintenance department during ourforthcoming annual closure.

I reconfirm the offer I made to you upon check out for your next stay

Hoping that you will grant us the opportunity to give you a much better opinion of our hotel

sincerely

Béatrice Gagnaire
Front of House Manager

Reviewed 18 January 2011

First of all, have to own up to the fact that we were not footing the bill for our stay. This said, this hotel is great - fantastic service, fabulous location, wonderful team. We had a room on the 7th floor and the view was heavenly. A great place to stay - as good as the Martinez where we stayed a couple of years ago.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank caratania
Reviewed 25 November 2010

Stayed here for a conference with my spouse, it was great. Good staff and great location. Of course very expensive as it is very close to beach and conference facilities.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Hans S
Reviewed 24 November 2010

We managed to get a sea view room with balcony which made a great difference to our stay. All the hotels along the Cannes coast offer a range of prices to match the view/non-view. There is city view (this is of the side of the building along the street), mountain view (sight of all the buildings that are built on the mountain). Sea view does not always mean you get a "full on" view, I recommend asking to see the room before you take all your luggage up.

The room was the best thing, the bed & pillows were huge and comfy, the decor was glamorous and modern.

You could certainly rack up a huge bill on top of the room rate. They charge extra for most things, 24 euros for 1 movie, 31 euros for a movie package, 15 euros per person for any room service meal (this is on top of the meal cost), 15 euros for the use of the internet for 1 day, charge for the sauna etc etc

We did use the movie package this gave us unlimited "new release" movies for about 18 hours. It worked out OK but we were happy to find out that Dubai TV had lots of free movies in English.

The buffet breakfast is definitely worth getting up for.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kezza17june
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Very impressive hotel. Stayed for 4 nights with partner. Hotel is well located - walking distance to the port for the Lerin islands, Suquet, SNCF, various casinos and bus stations (#210 express service to and from Nice Airport-45mins). All the top end shops - Gucci, LV, Prada etc were just outside the hotel. It is also just a few minutes away from the Palais des Festivals where the Cannes Festival is held.
The lobby is very grand looking, very luxurious. The room (superior double) was a decent size, with a balcony and flat screen TV - France 24 was great for keeping up with news in English. We had a few nice surprises too - the room is cleaned twice a day, and there was a shutter which totally shut out all the light from outside... we didn't realise it was down, and slept until midday! All the staff we met were super friendly but we steered away from the private beach restaurant due to the bad reviews, so didn't find out what it was like for ourselves. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to use the in house gym facilities, but the shower experience looked pretty good, there is a charge though - I think it was c.€15.
The only mini let downs were: no iron/ironing board, although they do have an ironing service (prob for a charge), no kettle/tea/coffee facilties, vanity set not always replenished so we were short of cotton pads/buds. Other than that, we couldn't fault our stay really.
Lastly, we ordered a dinner on room service and the meal was wheeled in with rose in vase, we were really, very impressed with the standard.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Freckles25nw
Reviewed 30 August 2010

had a four night stay here in Aug 2010. Great location in Cannes which was buzzing at the end of August. Had a partial sea view room (good description) across the road from the Palais des festivals (the red carpet) .

Service was really good and on the ball although the hotel was busier than I expected. Amenities are great. you are in the centre of the action in Cannes but can avoid the crowds and hang out at the Pool o rthe small bar overlooking la Croisette. Breakfast was well presented and staff very attentive.

The fitness centre is small but well positioned and well presented with great knowledgeable staff.

Also quite a few kids at the hotel which surprised me initially as i hadn't expected i to be a kids friendly hotel. Overall i thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Only downside is that you are in the Centre of a very busy holiday town and the people and road noise is quite high even with the electronic blinds down. Also , you pay alot for anything extra including using the fitness centre or towels at the beach (which would normally be included at a hotel anywhere else in the world.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple