Stayed at Hotel Martinez for 3 nights over Easter weekend. This is a great hotel with impeccable service. Every time we picked up the phone and made a request from the front desk, housekeeping or room service, they were literally at your door in minutes with whatever you needed. Reception and concierge had plenty of people working there so despite a busy weekend, there were no wait times. We had no luck finding a rental car at the airport with everything sold out for the weekend, however the concierge was able to arrange one for us. Overall extremely professional and polite staff who went out of their way to take care of you.
The hotel is going through refurbishment with several floor needing new carpets, wallpaper etc. We were initially checked into a smoking room and when we requested a room change, the only room available was on a floor undergroing refurbishment. Not a big deal -- just a floor with no carpeting.
Great location on La Croisette for walking to Palais Festival, shopping, restaurants.
Small fitness center crammed with equipment.
Free wireless internet greatly appreciated.
Only two negatives during our stay:
1) Room quality is average, rooms are small however bathroom is big.
2) Lines at breakfast were horrendously long. They were doing their best to move people along but the restaurant is just small. Requested a coffee twice during 30 min breakfast but never got it. After this experience, we opted for breakfast in the room which always arrived promptly with no issues.
Overall a positive experience - would return to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As part of our renovation program, our hotel will be closed to the public from October, 30th, 2017 to March, 4th 2018. The entire property, public areas, rooms, restaurants & bar, meeting rooms, spa will be closed during this period. Looking forward to welcoming you on March, 5th, 2018. Situated on the exclusive Boulevard de la Croisette, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez is one of the most iconic hotels on the French Riviera. Built in 1929, this legendary Art Deco hotel has 409 elegant rooms and suites, including a 1 000sqm Penthouse suite with breathtaking views over the Bay of Cannes. Renowned for its exquisite gourmet cuisine, the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez boasts a variety of restaurants including the only 2-Michelin star restaurant in Cannes. During summer, the iconic Zplage private beach offers a beach club with a large pier, a bar and a restaurant. Leisure and activities include a spa and a fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinez Hotel Cannes
- Hotel Martinez Cannes