“A first class experience”

Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez
Ranked #18 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We stayed at the Martinez for a short winterbreak and we enjoyed fantastic days at a beautiful hotel. Very friendly, helpful and correct staff; very nice and spacious room. Upon arrival we felt immediately at home. We enjoyed a lovely dinner at 'Le Relais' and enjoyed our evenings at the bar. We hope to return to the Martinez again during our next stay in Cannes.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe-room which was spacious and clean.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 February 2013

I staid here last year in August 2012 and had heard lovely things about the hotel. On arrival we were put into a room that had mould and damp on the ceiling in the bedroom. The carpets where old and the bed spead smelt of smoke. The bathroom was dirty and old and I had to wear flip flops in the shower because of this. We asked to be moved and was told that as the hotel was full we would have to relocate several times during our stay and there would also be an additional cost, this ended up costing my partner several thousand. The hotel staff were friendly and I would stay again but only if I was guaranteed a room in the updated part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Request updated room
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 34stephanie
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Literally everything about this hotel experience is wonderful The staff are super attentive, friendly, and accommodating. The room I stayed in was immaculate, and the bed offered one of the most comfortable travel sleeping experiences I've had in years. Highly recommend for comfort, service, reliability, and classiness.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Staying at Hotel Martinez was a great decision for my first trip to Cannes! I had no idea where to stay or how I would get along without knowing very much French. I chose the hotel based on looking at the reviews and pictures on Tripadvisor. It definitely did not disappoint.

The staff was incredibly kind, welcoming and helpful from the beginning. Even though the NRJ Music Awards were during the same weekend of our stay (an the hotel was packed) the staff did everything they could to make our stay comfortable.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite, and if that's available I highly recommend it. So spacious and luxurious it was hard to even leave the room.

Also, I recommend the restaurant/bar. It was one of the best meals we had in all of France.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2013

A very well appointed hotel on the front at Cannes over looking th Med.Rooms were comfortable well cleaned and maintained.
The staff were helpful and knowlegable.
Food was excelllent-a wide choice and variety-well made and presented.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
amvmartinez, Responsable relations clients at Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel Martinez.

Your satisfaction and your comments are an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making each stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We choose to stay at this hotel to celebrate my birthday. It has an excellent central location on the seafront in Cannes. On arrival the receptionist was very friendly but sadly our room was not ready. They suggested we might like to use the spa to freshen up and would send up our room keys within 30 minutes. He rang ahead so that on arrival all the staff in the spa knew our names. Indeed our room keys arrived and we were delighted to find our room featured a partial seaview. The hotel had left a welcome card and gift (beach bag) for my birthday on the bed - a nice touch!

The room has been earmarked to be renovated later this year, but we found the decorations in good order. Heating/TV and big bonus FREE WIFI! No other high tech items but guess you come here to people watch, dine and party and not hang out too long in your room. During the early afternoon we could hear passing trains BUT thankfully we did not hear other traffic noise - it was raining hard most of our staff! The bath was spacious with basic toiletries but the shower head looked ready for replacement.

The outdoor pool is heated all year round to 30 degrees. Despite the rain we decided we would go for a swim. It was heaven swimming in the very hot water whilst raining. What was odd - there are no changing rooms on the ground floor near the pool. You have to change in your room and arrive in bathrobes and the same to return... Not very impressive for arriving guests observing people in wet flip flops and swimwear.

The breakfast is expensive at 40 euros per each so try and get a package deal. In the low season the hotel is offering quite a few attractively priced packages (affordable!).

The staff were all attentive and all had been trained to say hello or your name, if you had previously met them.

We enjoyed our short stay but would comment that the spa prices were far too high. Hair cuts/massage services can easily be found in nearby shops at half or even lower than posted prices. In the low season, the hotel might do themselves a favour to price some of the spa package prices to match local rates.

Room Tip: Choose odd numbered rooms - they are slightly larger.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I stayed here on a 3 day conference with 200 colleagues. The hotel is very well located right in front of the beach and a short walk from lots of nice shops and restaurants. The room was nice and well equipped. The temperature of the room was a problem and it became very hot at night. There was only heating in the room and no AC. The problem was compunded as when I opened the balcony door to let air in there was an opaque metal shutter down. I could not see a way of raising the shutter which did make me feel trapped in! It also meant I could not get any daylight in the room in the morning. Many colleagues had a similar experience depending on which part of the hotel they were staying in. There are parts of the hotel where the rooms are more contemporary and have AC.

The food (breakfast, luch and dinner) was good and special mention must go to all the hotel staff for their friendliness and helpful nature. I was very impressed!

My initial thought was to rate the hotel as very good but I think my expecations were lower as I was not paying! If I was paying I think I would question whether the high prices are worth it even taking in to account the fact that this is an expensive town. I would recommend checking whether the room has AC and speaking to them about the shutters. I could live with it as I was not in the room very much.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has AC and ask if shutters will be pulled down at night
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Please note that a refurbishment program is ongoing in order to better metch your expectations.