I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. Here are my pros & cons
1. Excellent location, just across from the promenade and all the luxury shopping, small walk from the old town & shopping district
2. Fabulous breakfast, 2 thumbs up, may be a bit pricey though depending on how much you can eat
3. Excellent view from the room on the front side (my friend had the view)
4. My room was on the back side with the back view of the hotel and wasn't the biggest, the bathroom though was pretty big and well accommodated with plugs & switches in the right place.
5. Wi-Fi worked well at most locations
6. Super concierge (I wish I could remember his name), he recommended us a fabulous local restaurant and helped us plan our island tour. Thanks to him we had a great day.
1. Room décor was a bit dated; the carpets could use a change
2. I’m not too sure about the restaurant, they looked pricey which is why we did not try it. Not to worry though, many great eateries at walking distance
3. The bar was extraordinarily expensive; I suppose it the priced for movie stars not a common man, 20euros for a drink is expensive, again a super affordable & great bar just across the street from the hotel.
We got a great deal on the price since it was off season and enjoyed every bit of our stay. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the exclusive Boulevard de la Croisette, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hôtel Martinez is one of the most iconic hotels on the French Riviera. Built in 1929, this legendary Art Deco hotel has 409 elegant rooms and suites, including a 1 000sqm Penthouse suite with breathtaking views over the Bay of Cannes. Renowned for its exquisite gourmet cuisine, the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hôtel Martinez boasts a variety of restaurants including the only 2-Michelin star restaurant in Cannes. During summer, the iconic Zplage private beach offers a beach club with a large pier, a bar and a restaurant. Leisure and activities include a outdoor heated swimming pool, a spa and a fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TravelUp, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinez Hotel Cannes
- Hotel Martinez Cannes