“Old splendor in very good shape”

InterContinental Carlton Cannes
Ranked #11 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This extraordinary world famous hotel on the Croisette has all the amenities you can ask for.
There is a private beach, a fabulous terrace for breakfeast lunch and dinner , an excellent restaurant and beautiful rooms and suits

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms with a small terrace are to be recommended
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear maringe,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

It will be a great pleasure to share these comments with the entire team!
We do hope to welcome you back to the InterContinental Carlton Cannes in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Guest Relation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,067)

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

To start I should share that I love to travel I have traveled all over Asia Europe South America and the Middle East I must say this hotel was one of my favorite

The hotel has a lot of charm if you can afford it. in a prime location and the restaurant is amazing the beach dock section is very quite and beautiful I must say overall the hotel deserves the 5 star rating

Staff was very nice and knew how to respond to all my question in French or in English

Here's a few cons

Starter room was small had to upgrade ( this is most of Europe but this was especially small )

Expensive for everything you do at the hotel aka restaurant was a huge bill the beach dock was a 50 euro a day rental for the 2 of us

I even enjoyed drinks most nights in the beautiful bar and that was 20 euros a drink

My advice if you can swing it go for it just be prepared

• Stayed: September 2013
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear mike b,

First of all,thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback following to your recent stay at the Intercontinental Carlton Cannes.
We were happy to learn you enjoyed your visit and that we managed to meet your expectations in terms of quality.
Your satisfaction represents our main goal and it is always a real pleasure for us to receive such a laudatory review.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back very shortly at the Carlton on the occasion of your future visit in Cannes.

Sincerely Yours

R.Van de Poël
Assistant Manager / Guest Relations

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

To who it may concern

I am a frequent travel in fact I have traveled the globe from Europe to Asia the Middle East Latin America and Russia I also consider my self a real foodie please enjoy my review

I stayed at this hotel in May 2013 it was possibly one of the better hotels I have ever stayed but that does not come lightly the hotel has many perks especially during the film
Festival the party seemed to be there mostly every night and a few major stars stay here every year it also has an amazing charm that can only be experienced in person the rooms seemed small even for Europe standards but I feel the rest of the hotel makes up for that

The beach is private but cost 25 euro per person per day wow

The room service the restaurant are all extremely expensive

Overall if you have the money stay here but don't blow your last dollar on this place

• Stayed: June 2013
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear KristinaB792,
Thank you for having posted your comments further to your visit to the InterContinental Carlton Cannes during the Film Festival 2013.
It is always a pleasure to receive such a nice feedback. Be sure that your comments
will be shared with the rest of the team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you for the next Fillm Festival 2015!
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed with the family in August 2013. The hotel doesn't disappoint. Was there when the great diamond heist happened & only found out by friends back home due to the professionalism of the staff, you wouldn't know anything had happened. We dined in the main restaurant, food was out of this world! Very expensive but would say it's worth it for the experience. Beach club is great also.

Bucket list hotel - check!

• Stayed: August 2013
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear "Comeonublues",

Thank you for having posted your nice feedback further to your last visit in our property.

It was a pleasure to read that you experienced a warm and welcomed stay.

All of us are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at the iconic and unique Carlton Cannes !

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed in this elegant, classic, luxurious, historic wonder of hotel on the prime boulevard in Cannes and loved every minute. I was in town for the annual Pan-African Film Festival of Cannes and I wanted a centrally located base. I am not typically a luxury hotel user. I see hotels as a place to sleep while feeling comfortable and safe. That opens up a myriad of options that don't require more than US$300/night. That said, I was able to get a super low rate for this hotel as part of an airline's air and land vacation package and it was one of the best things that I could have done. One knows that this place is fantastic from the moment you enter through the revolving door.

I was given a Superior room, which I gather is probably one of their lower to mid-range accommodations. Nonetheless, the room was well-appointed with all of the amenities one would expect in a high-end hotel, including the plush slippers and signature robes. Anything or any help that one requires is available by pressing the "Immediate Assistance" button on the phone and the staff are top notch!

The bar and restaurant in the lobby are FANTASTIC! It is a must see when in Cannes!

Thank you Intercontinental Carlton for a great, great stay! I hope to see you again someday.

Room Tip: Be open to a room without a spectacular if you are looking for a good price.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear « Tbird209 »,

First of all, we would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your very nice comments further to your stay with us during the Pan-African Film Festival.

It was a pleasure to read that your first visit in our property was a successful experience and we have noted your fantastic comments regarding the bar and the Restaurant for which we thank you.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon to make you live another memorable stay.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my girlfriend for a romantic get away and we were not disappointed. The staff were extremely friendly, and always on hand for advice and help where needed. The hotel was excellent and we even managed to get an upgrade to what must be the largest hotel room I have ever stayed in. That coupled with the amazing views of the sea, make the holiday that much more special. Would definitely recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea facing room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Janiv,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your review further to your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read that you were satisfied with your romantic get away at the InterContinental Carlton Cannes.

All our team greatly welcomed your compliments as a wonderful reward.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Regards

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We usually stay at the Carlton when in Cannes and may do so again. But, on the last visit I was disappointed to see that the public areas had a lot of shopping concessions which detract from its charm. Still difficult to beat breakfast on the Terrace though.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Colin P,

Thank you for having posted your reviews further to your last stay in August 2013.

We have duly noted your disappointment when you saw few shops set in our lobby and we understand your frustration.

Looking forward to welcoming you back this summer to fully enjoyed your breakfast on the famous terrace overlooking the sea.