“Carlton Cannes during high season.”

InterContinental Carlton Cannes
Ranked #11 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed for a week during the high season. Rooms are very expensive, The hotel is very well run with friendly staff. I had a room facing the sea. The view was glorious. I have put average for the sleeping quality because of the revving of powerful cars in the night up to about 5am. you would not hear it if you have a side or back room which is much cheaper. I attach a picture I took from my room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Nouhad Joseph N,

Thank you very much for sharing your review following to you recent stay at the Intercontinental Carlton Cannes.
We were happy to learn that you enjoyed the hotel and the quality of the service delivered by our staff.
However, we were sorry to learn that you experienced some inconvenience because of the revving of some " powerful" car on the Croisette very early in the morning.
During this very busy period, Cannes is unfortunately and sometimes victim of its success..
We hope you will give us a new opportunity to welcome you back soon at the Carlton.

The Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,066)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was anxious throughout my trip for this moment to write my review on my stay at the Carlton in cannes. It is difficult to write about any single aspect in this hotel since its so perfect; thus the english dictionary is limited to express. From the check-in second to the check-out procedure everything was just outstanding. I and on the behalf of my friends and family who stayed in this palace would like to thank, the front office team the housekeeping team the fnb team and the higher management for providing this tangible service hence make our vacation on the french rivera 10 times better !

101 years and counting... you are the BEST

Room Tip: ANY ROOM... IS PERFECT but book a sea view if you can afford
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Faissal K

Dear Faillas,

First of all,thank you very much for your recent stay at the Intercontinental Carlton Cannes and for taking the time to share your review.
It was a great pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed your visit and that we managed to exceed your expectations in terms of quality .
Such a fantastic feedback is our best reward as your satisfaction represents our only goal.
We are looking forward to welcoming you next summer in order to make you leave another enriching experience.

R.Van de Poël

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I'm a Carlton fan and I've experienced the amazing Carlton touch in London, Montreal, NY, just to name a few. It is a shame to have a luxury hotel like Carlton International in CAnnes associate with a restaurant of a lesser value;run by a conceited maitre du sale, disrespectful , who chews gum or else while talking to clients, you are better of eating at any other restaurant on the Croisette!

Room Tip: Book a sea view room deluxe in september
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Orchidspa
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Orchispa,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your comments further to your stay at the Carlton InterContinental Cannes.

We regret that our Restaurant did not meet your expectation and please be assured that your comments have been forwarded to the Head department concerned.

We look forward to serving you in the future, and thank you for continuing to choose InterContinental Hotels Group hotels.

With kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 nights in August, it is an incredible experience, all staff from the GM to Security make you feel welcome, nothing is too much trouble. Be prepared to part with your money this hotel is one of the more expensive in Cannes, but I felt every euro, well worth it.

the Sea view rooms are the best and with the double glazing, minimal noise, the rooms at the rear of the property look out onto the car park, again well worth it if you are a petrol head as it is filled with all the latest supercars.

Room Tip: if you are prepared to pay, Sea view will always be the best choice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ian W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review concerning your recent summer stay at the Carlton InterContinental Cannes.

All of us are delighted to learn that you have fully appreciated all the aspects of your stay and we heartily welcome your nice compliments as a fantastic reward.

Kind regards
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Of all my travels , reviews , etc , Never in my life , have I encountered such disastrous experiance , with a response so irresponsible that it caused to traumatize my family

I'll not even get to how terrible te hotel is , and skip to the incedent right away ,

Early in the morning , a young man was banging on our door , yelling , threatening to "fornicate" me , my mother , and my family ( in Arabic ) cursing and banging the door for minutes , I called the hotel to dispatch security and said a strange man is threatening me , the security arrived , only for the genius security opens the door for this young delinquent , ( the moment the door was opened my wife's heart almost stopped from fear ) she was shivering .

The idea that a hotel security to open the door to a person whom made countless threats is let alone an endangerment to my well being, and invasion of my privacy.

Luckily I've all the recorded evidence at hand , despite the kids apology of having the wrong room , and the security's ill treatment , the hotel mid management tried throwin the blame at me for opening the door , I refuted such claims and asked them to review their cc tv , thankfully so , a more senior manager ( Eric ) called and apologized whom seemed to be the only mature person whove knew how to handle the situation properly , I was given a free night with flower bouquet , I didn't want any of that but also not to cause a scene as I didn't wish to ruin my family's stay , however I'll never forgive them for their irresponsible behavior and risk I was put at , I don't know what they did to the crazy kid that knocked at my door , nor care,

But one thing is for sure that I will be speaking to my lawyer very soon , never again will I stay at any intercontinental hotels. And no apology in the world will be accepted

Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank 80lzr
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear SultanQs

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following to you recent stay at the Intercontinental Carlton Cannes.

However, we were sorry to learn that you were not totally satisfied with certain aspects regarding the security. Once again please accept our deepest apologies, not to have enjoyed your InterContinental experience, for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose InterContinental for your future travel needs.

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Everything is perfect - location, service, rooms, breakfast, price/quality. 2 Sun-lounger cost about 60 Euro per day, you can rent for 1/2 day also. Extremely reccomended hotel!!Hope to be back here. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ekaterina S
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Ekaterine S,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments following to your recent stay at the Intercontinental Carlton Cannes.
We were happy to learn that you enjoyed your visit and that we managed to reach your expectations in terms of quality and service.
We hope you will give us very soon a new opportunity to make you leave another enriching experience at the Carlton.

Sincerely Yours.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have visited here before when attending MIPIM, but this is the first time I have visited the hotel in a relaxed mode whilst on holiday. My wife and I had a drink at the bar and lunch in the patio restaurant.

The service and surroundings were excellent, but were let down by a food mix up and I ordered a Chicken Club Sandwich and got a Chicken and Cheese open toasted sandwich, but it looked ok and it tasted ok, so no real harm done.

Whilst on this visit my wife and I agreed that we would come back in say May 2015 and stop in the hotel and really enjoy what it has to offer - I cannot wait.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CarltonCannes, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Carlton Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Steve5839,

First of all,thank you very much for sharing your feedback following to your recent stay at the Intercontinental Carlton Cannes.
We were happy to read that you enjoyed your visit among us and that we managed to reach your expectations.
Your satisfaction is our main goal and such positive comments represent our best reward.
We are looking forward to have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon at the Carlton on the occasion of your future visit in the South of France.