“A Hidden Treasure!”

Ranked #68 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
french antilles
“A Hidden Treasure!”
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We stayed for ten nights from June 7th, deciding on this hotel largely from the favourable comments found on Venere and Tripadvisor regarding room size and location - and we were not disappointed!

This really is a hidden treasure.

A beautiful entrance and lobby greets you, always a friendly and helpful person at the desk, and then its upstairs to just twelve rooms, all on the first floor. We were booked into room 6 but asked to check the others available so we could choose the biggest, given our long stay.

The others we saw were all very good sized but we stayed with our allocated room as it was huge and even had an extra bedroom, ideal for storing suitcases etc The bathroom and seperate toilet were the size you would expect in a five star, the main bedroom was excellent with a small terrace and table and chairs, the cupboards and drawers were plenty big enough to unpack both our suitcases and hang all our clothes.

Le Fouquets location is just perfect; turn left out of the lobby and La Croisette is 100 yards one way, turn right and La Rue dÂntibes and its shopping is 100 yards the other. And all of this for 120 euros per night - unbeatable value.

A special mention to the very friendly cleaning lady Christiane - sorry to have kept you waiting when we slept in a few times!

Only negative comments would be that the wifi didnt work very well in our room (though it worked perfectly well in the lobby so no disaster) and the room furniture was a bit tired looking, but neither of these would force me to deduct a single point.

Ten out of ten!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tropicaldan

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire
Reviewed 16 June 2009

This one is not on Tripadvisor but we had 3 very good days in early June. The hotel is quite small but our room (5) had aircon, two Queen beds and plenty of space plus a large balcony, very helpful staff. Only 3/4 minutes from La Croisette with central Cannes not much further. Discounted parking in a nearby underground but you need to ask how the card system works for entry and exit ! We would stay here again without hesitation.

London
Reviewed 9 July 2008

We stayed at Le Fouquet's for 5 nights while attending a wedding near Cannes and were very happy with our choice. Our room was spacious, newly decorated and with a small terrace. Apparently our bathroom was larger than that of our friends at the Hotel Carlton. The staff were very friendly, the service personal and the location very convenient for the seafront, the shops of the rue d'Antibes and about 25 minutes walk to the old town where we particularly enjoyed the restaurants of the rue Suquet.

• Liked — personal service
  • Disliked — no breakfast room
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2007

This hotel is located behind the Carlton .. with Rue DAntibes just to the right ... so its two minutes from Beach and two minutes from shopping ... but in a very very quiet area ...

It is a very very nice small low rise hotel ... my room was just huge... a corridor leading to the bedroom with a balcony ( street view ) and two beds ( one double one single ) .... recent modern good quality decoration ... certainly does have the wow factor .. well particularly for me as a single traveller I was expecting the usual worst room ! ... and as it rained very heavily for my entire stay I really needed a nice room to recover ... TV had CNN which was only english channel .

While on paper it is a good location I prefer to be a little further up towards Palais ...although a nice walk home every evening I found it was just that 5 minutes too long and you felt you were leaving the action .. it being a very small hotel with no bar etc and very quiet you felt a bit lonely almost ... and again I would not have liked to have been too late walking on my own .. as not many people around.

The staff were really welcoming ... could not do enough .. and as regards the hotel itself I should have only positive things to say as it was without doubt one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in ... even comparing to 5 star hotels .... my negatives are personal .. in terms of my preferred location ...and the rain really depressed me ...( its a place where it rains frequently so always expect it even in summer ) and as I felt too wet and uncomtorable to go into shops .. cafes etc so this has coloured my view also ...

If you want a quiet location yet 2 minutes from everything .. a luxury room but don't need any other facilities like room service bars ..restaurant etc .. then you will be delighted with this hotel .. but if you like a buzz .. lots of activity .. people coming and going then probably not .. . I should also say as a single traveller I felt really safe .. slept really well in a very comfortable bed ...

I had breakfast on Rue DAntibe and Le Festival on the croissette .. ( yellow stripes canopies ... ) on corner beside Carlton .... very good special ... about 10 euro but a lovely view for breakfast ... for dinner I went to the La Brouette de Grand Mere .. where I had been meaning to go for years .. and it is very near this hotel ... I was a little disappointed but it was certainly a great experience ...you pay a set price and there is no menu .. they so welcoming ... glass of champange to start .. with meats homemade pates and break ... then a smoked salmon with a shot of vodka! .. then a choice of mains .. I had steak ... and Lemon Meringue Pie ( best I ever had!) .. all with red wine ... there was a great buz and there seemed to be lots of locals who al lknew each other ....

Just thinking about that rain ...if I was staying in one of the more budget hotels I have stayed previously in location more suited to me I do not think I could have coped with those budget rooms ...it was expensive enough for that time of year but maybe somethign was on cos all other hotels were booked out ...

Hope this helps you .. and that you can interpret the details for your own needs.

Stayed October 2006